Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Bass Heavy Problem.

DJ-ROE 11:35 AM - 6 February, 2017
lately I've notice serato dj starts to sounds very Bass heavy is there any fix for this? how about more eq settings in the software something like a Bass roll off eq, more punchy sound and less heavy out of time heavy bumming sub all over the place.
Tommy Deem 3:47 PM - 6 February, 2017
Can u show some stats about that, would love to see the facts behind this statement. Can u test this with newest and earlier version of sdj and use example... crosover to take only the bass, use same tracks and take db tester and then see what is the difference??
DJ Tecniq 7:22 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
lately I've notice serato dj starts to sounds very Bass heavy is there any fix for this? how about more eq settings in the software something like a Bass roll off eq, more punchy sound and less heavy out of time heavy bumming sub all over the place.
Sure you aren't redlining? What kind of hardware are you using?
mixgoonie 10:35 AM - 9 February, 2017
Activate Auto-gain if it is not already enabled, it soften a bit the bass.
DJ-ROE 6:22 PM - 23 March, 2017
i have the pioneer ddj Sr
xadnight 7:49 PM - 11 July, 2018
Hi DJ-ROE, please check if you plugged in into PHONO input instead of CD/LINE on on the mixer. I had similar issue myself. These inputs have different eq.
DjSyndic8 10:23 AM - 12 July, 2018
Quote:
Hi DJ-ROE, please check if you plugged in into PHONO input instead of CD/LINE on on the mixer. I had similar issue myself. These inputs have different eq.

If he has the DDDSR and hes plugging into a house Mixer then he should be plugging his RCA's into the CD/Line input and not the Phono input cause if its in the Phono input then all you will get is muddy Bass sounds that might be the issue.... wow the post is 2017 hes probably left DJing and become a Preacher lol :)
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:39 AM - 12 July, 2018
Quote:
post is 2017 hes probably left DJing and become a Preacher

Shame you haven't aswell
DjSyndic8 12:31 PM - 12 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
post is 2017 hes probably left DJing and become a Preacher

Shame you haven't aswell

lol
DJ-ROE 10:47 AM - 3 November, 2018
I woun't stop dj-ing I love money 2 much : ) lol. naaaa i'm still Mixing them tracks man. well I sold the pioneer ddj-sr unit and went with the big Pioneer sz controller and the Heavy bass problem solve I think it was a bad unit, one of my friend has the same ddj-sr controller and his sound way Better and he agrees with me, some times I wonder if pioneer cut corners after so many units build just wondering. but my sz is working Great and kicking ass love the sound so far. I just wish the sz was a little smaller in size, I might buy the pioneer sx3 next year but I herd some of the units are having freezing problems I hope they Fix that problem soon.
DjSyndic8 2:15 PM - 3 November, 2018
Quote:
I woun't stop dj-ing I love money 2 much : ) lol. naaaa i'm still Mixing them tracks man. well I sold the pioneer ddj-sr unit and went with the big Pioneer sz controller and the Heavy bass problem solve I think it was a bad unit, one of my friend has the same ddj-sr controller and his sound way Better and he agrees with me, some times I wonder if pioneer cut corners after so many units build just wondering. but my sz is working Great and kicking ass love the sound so far. I just wish the sz was a little smaller in size, I might buy the pioneer sx3 next year but I herd some of the units are having freezing problems I hope they Fix that problem soon.

wow 4 months for a response, I actually thought you did give up DJing but glad to know you still in the game