Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video And Mac Sierra

djkwickstarr 6:07 PM - 2 February, 2017
Serato Video Is Not Recording For Me Im Using Mixars Duo I Have The Latest Firmware Update 1.14 Before I Install Sierra Have Done Reinstall Of OS Everytime I Hit Record It Just Flashes And Goes To 001 Was Working With EL Capitan PLEASE HELP!!!
djkwickstarr 7:02 PM - 2 February, 2017
i have contacted apple and they said to contact you guys for maybe a Fix
asrx2000 1:32 AM - 11 February, 2017
Yes I just noticed that when I tried to record the record meters aren't receiving a signal .

The volume control is half way up but still no read on the meters.

I just brought a MacBook Pro late 2011 with a fresh install of Sierra.

So djwickstarr right now we're stuck in the same mud waiting to get pulled free.
DJ Tecniq 6:45 PM - 11 February, 2017
There are a lot of bugs with Serato Video esp the recording feature I don't see them fixing this right away but they may with this mixars duo problem.
DJ Willie Panama 4:07 AM - 4 March, 2017
same here, can't record video mixes, only sound no video..
DJ Tecniq 5:57 AM - 4 March, 2017
Quote:
same here, can't record video mixes, only sound no video..
If you're asking about the preview screens missing restart your laptop that will usually make them reappear. It's a bug they've never cared to fix.
DJ Willie Panama 2:14 PM - 11 March, 2017
I'm talking about SV issues recording mixes, crashes, error massages, bunch of crap. i was reading some of your past December posts, now I'm trying to decide wether to get Mix Emergency or the other one. This is the issue I'm having when i record video on SV.
serato video output quality and recording quality issues on macbook pro mid 2011
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:18 PM - 11 March, 2017
Quote:
I'm talking about SV issues recording mixes, crashes, error massages, bunch of crap. i was reading some of your past December posts, now I'm trying to decide wether to get Mix Emergency or the other one. This is the issue I'm having when i record video on SV.
serato video output quality and recording quality issues on macbook pro mid 2011

i recommend mix emergency. robust video software solution and very sound developer.
DJ Willie Panama 2:08 AM - 14 March, 2017
Ok, I'm going to try it out and see..
Thanks DJ Marv .
djkwickstarr 3:37 PM - 11 July, 2017
Ok So My Problem Was I Had Mixars Duo Midi Mapped To Start Recording On Serato DJ From A Sync Button Well I Found That If You Have Serato DJ's Record button Midi Mapped To Anything The File Gets Corrupt Some How And When You Hit Record It Wont Start So If You Have The Record Midi Mapped Wich We All At One Point Prob Do To Quick Start A Recording Undo That And See What Happens It Worked Again And Iv Had Not Problems Recording Video/Music Mixes Since.Hope That helps Sorry For The Late Response.
djkwickstarr 3:44 PM - 11 July, 2017
Also With Serato DJ You Have To Have A Mixer That Have Serato DJ Built In Most Of The Higher End mixers Do, Or Serato Box SL3 And Up To Record VIdeo Or Music Mixes.Also In Serato DJ Check The Drop Down Box Under Inputs For Music Set To Audio Mix For Video Set To Video Mix If You Dont See Those In There Your Mixer Or Serato Box Isn't Compatible.
djkwickstarr 3:56 PM - 11 July, 2017
If You Have A Mac Max Out Ram Mines Was 8gb Max Was 16gb Also Change Crappy Spin Up Drives Wich Fail Over Time To Sata Hard Drive Remember Max Ram Cards If You Have The Great 15Inch MBP You Will Be Even Better After. I Have A 13 Inch 2012 MBP They Truly Cant Handle Serato DJ I Use To Have Glitchy Videos Lag Crashes Until I Was Told To Change Hard Drive To Sata Most Important If You Have 500 GB Drive You Can Replace With 500Gb Drive Just Go Sata You Will See Incredible Differences In Serato DJ.Iv Had Not One Prob In Over A Year.Serato DJ/Video Can Be A Memory Hog If Your Videos Aren't Same Size 1280x720 Works Great I reformatted All My Videos To That Format No Problems Over A year..Still Good