Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ gets latency problem when searching or Downloading from the internet

DJ What! 8:47 AM - 25 January, 2017
I use A 2011 MacPro with an SL3 and either Technics 1200 or Pioneer CDJ.

Since upgrading from Serato Scratch to Serato DJ I have noticed that is is very risky to be using the internet (WIFI) whilst playing a set. The software can glitch suddenly. It doesn't shut down or stop playing but I get a latency issue between my action on the deck and the software of between .5 and 1 second. This makes it very difficult to keep playing and requires a restart of the software to fix.

I understand that Serato does not recommend using WIFI whilst playing a set. However surely one of the great advantages of the digital DJ age is to be able to have the world's music library at your fingertips. This is something that I always enjoyed in the past.

Could the Serato team please look at how this could be fixed?

I write this email publicly in the hope all the users write YES PEASE SERATO in the string.

All the best,

Hugh
Detroitbootybass 5:12 PM - 25 January, 2017
There are WAY more important issues for the Serato team to focus on than improvements to web-surfing while DJ'ing (such as problems that plague users off-line).
DJ Tecniq 5:36 PM - 25 January, 2017
Update your laptop and that's less likely to happen. What are the full specs?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:26 PM - 25 January, 2017
Go back to SSL if that was working for you.
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 9:51 PM - 26 January, 2017
Hey DJ What,

You are correct in saying that we do not recommend it. However, have you tried optimising your laptop to try and get the best performance that you can out of it? Check our optimisation guide here - support.serato.com

What are the full specs of your computer? Also what do you have your USB audio buffer set to?

Let me know.
weezy 10:34 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:
Hey DJ What,

You are correct in saying that we do not recommend it. However, have you tried optimising your laptop to try and get the best performance that you can out of it? Check our optimisation guide here - support.serato.com

What are the full specs of your computer? Also what do you have your USB audio buffer set to?

Let me know.

How about the 0.5 second audio drops a load of us keep getting with the S9 ?? Is it a serrate issue or a Pioneer issue ??
weezy 10:35 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hey DJ What,

Let me know.

How about the 0.5 second audio drops a load of us keep getting with the S9 ?? Is it a serrate issue or a Pioneer issue ??

serato (damn auto correct serrate)
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 10:37 PM - 26 January, 2017
Hey weezy what are the specs of your computer?
weezy 10:52 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:
Hey weezy what are the specs of your computer?

Macbook Pro 13 2012.
Yosemite.
512gb SSD.
16gb RAM.
No corrupt files, everything analyzed, P-RAM & SMC resets done, clean iSO installs done, Firmware on mixer re-installed (1.07) , 1.9.1, 2, 3, and now just went up to 1.9.5

S9 & 2x Technics 1210's.

Buffer has been set to 5, 10 and even 20.

Still get the odd 0.5 sec audio drop. Serato never crashes, Mac never crashes.
Random as hell. Maybe get one or two per gig (3-4hr sets) or none at all for a few weeks.
acemc 1:06 AM - 27 January, 2017
I fully understand the whole idea of not web surfing while using Serato.
It's risky & i certainly don't do it. But.....
If Serato don't recommend it, can someone please explain to me
why they added support for Pulselocker?
DJ What! 10:57 PM - 6 March, 2017
Hey Everyone,

Thank you for your replies... Except for DetroitBootybass. Dismissive and belittling posts that do not respect that you are writing to a person is bad joojoo man.

If no one else is having the same issue I'll re-look at my setup but I can't imagine it being optimised further.

Cheers