Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Roland TT-99

DJ_INSTRUMENTAL 2:38 AM - 23 January, 2017
I was looking at the roland TT-99 turntable and mixer online.Not because of the price,but because as a dj,I love to stand out from the rest.I think its a dope set up.But I wanted to know from the community is it compatible with serato?Before I even waste money to purchase.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:45 AM - 23 January, 2017
you really are stupid if you have been looking at it online and cannot come to the conclusion of whether or not it works with serato
DJ_INSTRUMENTAL 2:53 AM - 23 January, 2017
That was not at all needed.I looked online first and got no results.That is the reason I came here for help.That was very ignorant of you
Robb Royale 3:54 PM - 23 January, 2017
As long as you have a SL2, 3 or 4 box, it'll work with Serato (Scratch Live or DJ). You'll need some sort of MIDI controller (Dicers, SP1, etc.) to control the various other aspects of the software though.
Ragman 6:18 PM - 23 January, 2017
Quote:
I was looking at the roland TT-99 turntable and mixer online.Not because of the price,but because as a dj,I love to stand out from the rest.I think its a dope set up.But I wanted to know from the community is it compatible with serato?Before I even waste money to purchase.

The TT-99 is not a good tool for DJs unless you're just wanting to put on a record with no interaction. The torque on that deck is not up to par for crafty DJ tricks. Barely for the basic stuff.
Serato, Moderator
James_M 8:26 PM - 23 January, 2017
Hey DJ_INSTRUMENTAL!

Serato doesn't actually natively support any turntables - the critical component is the mixer the turntable is routed through. If your mixer is Serato compatible, or perhaps you have an SL box, you shouldn't have any issues.

Does that make sense?
DJ_INSTRUMENTAL 8:34 PM - 23 January, 2017
Ok.Awesome guys.I thank you for the great responses!