Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Sync path changes from iTunes database back into SSL

chims 12:33 AM - 6 June, 2009
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but one thing that sucks SSL crates is that it cannot handle staying in sync with iTunes when it comes to the location of the file moving around.

Example: If I edit a tag in iTunes that will cause it change it's location path (assuming you allow iTunes to manage your files), any of those edited tracks will then lose it's path in the SSL database and then will be rendered as an unfound file.

The dynamics of this affects the overall accessibility of files between the two databases and results in failure in SSL using crates. I'd prefer using iTunes to manage my library, but sometimes, I want to create custom crates in SSL for certain sessions. I'm having a hard time explaining this, because it is a tricky problem at hand. Hopefully, it can be addressed in the near future.
nik39 1:53 PM - 7 June, 2009
You can't. The iTunes DB is officially a one way thing. You can export from iTunes but iTunes does not read the changes, it only reads its own DB which you would have to reverse engineer.
chims 2:53 PM - 10 June, 2009
I don't think you understood my issue nik39. However, this issue seems to have been addressed in the 1.9.1 beta. Good work guys!