Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Concerned about SDJ

DJ Tecniq 8:03 AM - 21 January, 2017
So I purchased a DDJSB2 for Serato as backup I knew it only came with Serato Intro so I did the 14 day SDJ trial which I have 6 days left of use....Now here is my concern. I already have a Pioneer S9 which is plug n play for SDJ no problem there however when I plug in my unit I still get the "trial" message as if the mixer is being used as a "trial"....Why? I'm just curious cause when my trial ends does that mean my mixer will no longer work with SDJ and i'll be forced to pay? You would think that when I plug in my mixer which is compatible with SDJ I wouldn't have to worry but as the days are getting closer I don't know what to expect now. Eventually I will purchase a license for the SB2 to use with SDJ. I'm hoping after the trial ends I can still use the mixer as it's intended to do. I don't know if this is a bug or what but as soon as I plug in my $1700 mixer that message should go away...
Dj MacMillz 1:08 PM - 21 January, 2017
I think once you start the trial, no matter the device hooked up you will see that message as it relates to your account. The trial days go from the day you start not the days you use it. I'm pretty sure once that time ends, your mixer will work as usual and the message will go away.
DJ Tecniq 6:12 PM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
I think once you start the trial, no matter the device hooked up you will see that message as it relates to your account. The trial days go from the day you start not the days you use it. I'm pretty sure once that time ends, your mixer will work as usual and the message will go away.
Thanks I'm hoping that's the case. I'll let you know if not they'll be expected a really angry phone call lol
Laz219 3:34 AM - 22 January, 2017
The S9 is essentially it's own key in unlocking the software, I'm sure the trial thing just shows as the software thinks it's in the mode- once it ends the S9 would revert to 'unlocking' the software as it always did.
Serato, Moderator
James_M 8:22 PM - 22 January, 2017
Hi DJ Tecniq!

This is one of those tricky licensing things where we have to have a record of your trial, and a way to display how many days you have left, BUT your hardware is simultaneously Serato Dj enabled.

Laz219 is correct here.

Once the trial expires, your S9 will work as it always has, and the Days Remaining message ought to disappear.

I can see how this could be confusing though - it's always tricky working out how best to display the licensing situation to users. I'll take this on board :)

Cheers,

James
DJ Tecniq 9:28 PM - 22 January, 2017
Quote:
Hi DJ Tecniq!

This is one of those tricky licensing things where we have to have a record of your trial, and a way to display how many days you have left, BUT your hardware is simultaneously Serato Dj enabled.

Laz219 is correct here.

Once the trial expires, your S9 will work as it always has, and the Days Remaining message ought to disappear.

I can see how this could be confusing though - it's always tricky working out how best to display the licensing situation to users. I'll take this on board :)

Cheers,

James
Perfect thanks for the reponse so far happy with the SB2 as a backup. Hoping a sale for SDJ comes soon though I'm not interested in the monthly subscription I'd rather just pay the license but at $100 I would like to see it at 10-15% off.