Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Lagging

dj aguanino 3:03 AM - 21 January, 2017
I am experiencing problems with laggin with dj serato. I have current version of 1.9.5. I am running a macbook with duo core processor. I emailed serato once before to see if this would be an issue but they stated i should only have issues if i use pulselocker or pitch n time. I use neither of these. The lag only appears if i use my FX nobs on tlmy pioneer ddjsb2. This problem only occurs with serato dj and not intro, which sucks because i cant record with intro. I already fully optimized my mac per seratos recommendations. This is really starting to be a pain l, luckily it has only affected me at home trying to practice. Someone please help! I have tried adjusting the latency from max to min, it will help, sometimes, but only for a minute or so until i mess with the nobs again. Again someone please help. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have searched online and cant find much.
popnwave 3:04 AM - 21 January, 2017
Use an earlier version? I wouldn't go past 1.7.x on a dual core IMHO.
dj aguanino 3:16 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Use an earlier version? I wouldn't go past 1.7.x on a dual core IMHO.

sorry, excuse being a newbie, but how do i go back to older version?
popnwave 3:37 AM - 21 January, 2017
serato.com

Pioneer DDJ-SB2 was added with 1.7.8..

What you can do first is go into your Applications folder on you mac, rename Serato DJ to Serato DJ 1.9.5, then install 1.7.8... I'd go ahead and rename that to Serato DJ to Serato 1.7.8 once it's done installing and you can try both versions back and forth.

I still have 1.8.2, 1.9.3 and 1.9.5 all installed right now.
popnwave 3:38 AM - 21 January, 2017
Stupid grammar errors, trying to eat and type at the same time :/
dj aguanino 3:46 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Stupid grammar errors, trying to eat and type at the same time :/

Ok i will try that. This is so frustrating! Lol can i find the previous versions on the website?
popnwave 3:57 AM - 21 January, 2017
Follow the link in my post before that, it takes you to the archives page and you can download all of the previous versions.
dj aguanino 4:29 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Follow the link in my post before that, it takes you to the archives page and you can download all of the previous versions.

Sweet!!! I'll try that and report my findings!
dj aguanino 6:33 AM - 21 January, 2017
ok so i tried downloading the older version, but now i cant figure out how to log into the older version. I have the subscription version for serato dj.
popnwave 6:46 PM - 21 January, 2017
Older version wouldn't require a log in, the SB2 should just unlock the decks.
dj aguanino 7:24 PM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Older version wouldn't require a log in, the SB2 should just unlock the decks.

I tried and when i opened up the older version it just told me me 14 day trial had expired. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
dj aguanino 7:25 PM - 21 January, 2017
Again, i have the subscription service so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
DJ Tecniq 5:54 AM - 22 January, 2017
Quote:
I have current version of 1.9.5. I am running a macbook with duo core processor. I emailed serato once before to see if this would be an issue but they stated i should only have issues if i use pulselocker or pitch n time
You'll have to excuse them as they don't know what they're talking about. Duo core processor machines are no longer supported in SDJ 1.8 and above. This is clearly mentioned in their system requirements. Whoever told you that skipped out on the training process with customer support. Eventually to stay current with new updates you'll have to upgrade your machine.
tasiaM 5:21 AM - 29 May, 2017
I have this exact problem and I'm curious to know if and how you fixed it?
Keifer 7:42 PM - 23 August, 2017
Ditto.

My solution was go back to 1.9.1 and the FX knob turning is fine. But I am curious if they have fixed this now. I went back to that previous version about 6 months ago.

Kinda dumb that turning FX knobs will make the program screw up, and no one cares to look into a fix for it.
DJ Tecniq 11:58 PM - 23 August, 2017
It's your laptop specs. SDJ 1.8 and above versions require an iprocessor it uses way more CPU than SSL. An intel core 2 duo machine is no longer relevant it's actually an outdated processor. If you want to use current versions of SDJ I recommend upgraded your laptop to at least an i5 or i7 (best) laptop.
Keifer 12:31 AM - 24 August, 2017
I have an i5 that I will try with the new version. Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 2:16 AM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
I have an i5 that I will try with the new version. Thanks!
You should be fine then.