Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2 controllers, 1 licence

DJ From Norway 5:43 PM - 20 January, 2017
I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX2, which I have been using for 2 years or so with Serato DJ. I Have now bought a DDJ-SB2 for backup reasons. It seems I cannot use my Serato DJ licence with this SB2. If this is the reason, why can´t I? There is no way I am buying another licence for backup purposes....
Jay-T 8:52 PM - 20 January, 2017
SX2 is Serato DJ enabled. (Works with Serato DJ out of the box)

SB2 is Serato DJ ready. (Works with Serato DJ Intro out of the box)
AMO (Sonicbreaks UK) 10:02 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
There is no way I am buying another licence for backup purposes....

You have never bought a licence.
You bought hardware that would unlock the software (DDJ SX2).
You have now bought hardware that doesn't unlock the software.....THAT'S WHY IT WAS SO CHEAP!!!!
DJKayce 1:50 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX2, which I have been using for 2 years or so with Serato DJ. I Have now bought a DDJ-SB2 for backup reasons. It seems I cannot use my Serato DJ licence with this SB2. If this is the reason, why can´t I? There is no way I am buying another licence for backup purposes....

In your case, sell the SB2 and buy a used DDJ SR. works with serato DJ out of the box. Good for backup or main controller.
DJ Tecniq 6:31 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
The DDJSB2 is an entry level deck unfortunately in order to use it with SDJ you'll need to purchase the license upgrade which is $99 or do the monthly membership option. The purchase of your SX2 is plug n play for SDJ which is why it is so expensive it doesn't mean you have a SDJ license to use with compatible hardware it is only for that device. Personally imo Serato Intro shouldn't even be an option I think all decks should work out the box with SDJ the SB2 is still a $250 deck I'm not buying a damn $600 DDJSR just to use SDJ I'd rather just buy the license so it works with any compatible Serato device so in a way I feel you.