DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denon mc7000

dj rickc 12:14 PM - 14 January, 2017
Does anybody have a Hands on review of mc7000? Sound quality,mic performance etc.I currently have ddjsx2 with Mac book pro. Thx rick
Bonafyd Sound 10:22 PM - 15 January, 2017
I got one i had it for about 2 weeks now..
it's a solid controller i just have to get used to little things like the play/cue buttons & faders being on opposite side compared to the DDJSX2 the sound is superb as well as the mics..
I also gotta get use to the load buttons on each side. i gotta just mess with it more but overall i like it .
deejayfatcat 11:26 PM - 15 January, 2017
Not a 7000, but I've had the 4000 for 3 weeks and I'm really liking it. Nothing in the price range comes even close for pro build and quality feel components.
skinnyguy 6:08 PM - 17 January, 2017
I had a 4k. Now have the 8k. Huge difference in build, feel, sound to me.
skinnyguy 6:09 PM - 17 January, 2017
But for the price range, the 4k is quite good.
deejayfatcat 11:08 PM - 17 January, 2017
Agree, I would hope a controller 3x the price would be significantly better in all aspects.

Quote:
But for the price range, the 4k is quite good.
NIC.E 5:57 PM - 26 January, 2017
I have this unit - in my opinion it is the perfect controller once you get used to not hitting the left side pitch fader while cutting (the only real issue with mirrored layouts IMO).

...its significantly smaller than the SZ (or SZ2), which I think is far too big for mobile use (and prefer turntables/cdjs and a 2 channel mixer in a club setting).... just about the same size as the sx/sx2 (I think the denon is one inch deeper, and identical in all other dimensions)

the sound quality is superb... blows away the sx2. the on board pitch FX (through pitch n time) are unique and open doors to lots of creativity. the other features you read about like dual usb, xlr outs for booth, dual mic... all awesome for mobile. I swore to stay away from controllers unless necessary - got a great deal pre-order on this denon tho and figured if I didn't like it I would flip it. only other controller I own is the vci380 which makes my ears bleed but can fit in a backpack for super small parties... this mc7000 will be replacing my rane 62/cdj in my booths for weddings and private events.

couldn't recommend it more. get your hands on it, give it a listen..
NIC.E 6:05 PM - 26 January, 2017
.....one more things to note - as of today there is still no actual manual for this unit... comes with a quick start guide that says to DL manual on line, but denon confirms there is none yet.

that being said, you cant change LEDs like you can on the 8000 (for now)... they are VERY bright around the platters - set to all on with the dimmed LED marking the platter rotation/position... my preference is all dim, with one light denoting the position.... if that makes sense
LSy 9:51 AM - 5 June, 2017
Quote:
.....one more things to note - as of today there is still no actual manual for this unit... comes with a quick start guide that says to DL manual on line, but denon confirms there is none yet.

that being said, you cant change LEDs like you can on the 8000 (for now)... they are VERY bright around the platters - set to all on with the dimmed LED marking the platter rotation/position... my preference is all dim, with one light denoting the position.... if that makes sense

what do you mean that in MCX8000 you can change the LEDS? Is brightness it still a problems
NIC.E 12:12 PM - 5 June, 2017
not sure what you mean - I was referring to the LEDs around the platter of the 7000. you can turn them off by holding shift and pressing the deck number.
juan cardj 8:27 PM - 11 November, 2017
how to make rotating blue leds ?
anyone know it?
Bonafyd Sound 3:53 AM - 26 November, 2017
Quote:
how to make rotating blue leds ?
anyone know it?

Shift + deck 1 on left same on right but deck 2
juan cardj 6:56 PM - 10 August, 2018
thanks