Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

STREAMING LIVE BROADCAST

DJJAMESHOOMES 5:09 AM - 13 January, 2017
I have been using serato since it came out many years now. I have recently started broadcasting to websites like secondlife.com and places like Virtualclubbinglife (VCL) , Shoutcast , Ice cast and Nicecast and they require meta data to be sent to prove and show the music I am playing. Considering Serato is the best program I enjoy using. I refuse to goto VDJ or Traktor. But at this time I am having to be forced to because serato dj has never sent out meta data or have a stream option. I mean if these two or three companies can do it why has serato not jumped on the band wagon considering serato is a leader in dj'ing no matter where it is real life in clubs or on Virtual reality Sites. How hard would it be for serato to just add that feature? I have contacted tech services and they pointed me to this forum. So as a loyal customer of serato scratch live and now serato dj could you please add the ability to send my track list in real time. I would really hate to leave this great company over something so small. Thank you and I hope you can work this in to the next update.

Thank you Dj James Hoomes aka DJDIRTYWABBIT
KING-TUBBY 6:33 PM - 18 March, 2017
+1 for this feature.
DJCake 3:32 PM - 10 April, 2017
+ 1 for this as well. I do the majority of my DJing in the same environment as the OP. Serato might find they widen their user base as it is a feature in a lot of the other programs.
DJMegMiggins 3:37 AM - 21 January, 2018
If I may ask, what are you using to stream Serato in to SL?

Having a real time getting BUTT to work with Serato DJ. Since it seems you're able to get your music in world could you share what your set up is? I'd very much appreciate it!
DJCake 12:08 PM - 21 January, 2018
Hi - I'm using Nicecast (on a Mac) to stream in - will pick up audio from any elected source or app and push it to the shoutcast server. Inworld I use an iShout service.

One of my frustrations is that while Serato is obviously aware of what it is playing (ie for live playlists) it seems unable to pass this on to Nicecast. Just opening up this feature - without the need for full streaming - would solve my problem - getting the ID tags inworld for the shoutcast board/local text. Other non-streaming apps - ie iTunes - pass on the ID tags seamlessly, why can't Serato?
DJJAMESHOOMES 4:28 PM - 6 December, 2018
I use ice cast as well and serato is the only one that won't show metadata. this is starting to get old serato, making me look at other programs to use like traktor because you are slipping in the dj game. I like serato and have stuck with you guys but business is business I asked over a year ago to fix this and nothing.
DJCake 5:47 PM - 6 December, 2018
Too true - I agree. I moved over to Audio Hijack for streaming and - obviously - still no ID tags in the stream. This is all the more frustrating because we know that Serato is capable of picking up the metadata - because without it Live Playlists would not work.

A whole streaming module would be great but just making the metadata available for streaming apps is pretty basic, surely?
akakak 1:03 AM - 22 September, 2020
+++