Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rca to XLR

Schnee2126 4:55 AM - 12 January, 2017
Hello,
i have a pioneer ddj sb2 and i need to use it to dj a place that is giving me a single female xlr cable. What would be the best way to connect to it? The pioneer only has rca cables which makes it tough.
577er 6:37 AM - 12 January, 2017
Passive DI with mono summing is your best bet. RCA to XLR cables also exist but leave you with a long unbalanced run of cable, which may or may not be a problem.
DjSyndic8 8:42 AM - 12 January, 2017
Quote:
Hello,
i have a pioneer ddj sb2 and i need to use it to dj a place that is giving me a single female xlr cable. What would be the best way to connect to it? The pioneer only has rca cables which makes it tough.

or if you have a mixer with xlr outputs plug the cables into that and then RCA your sb2 into the mixer
DJ Tecniq 5:08 PM - 12 January, 2017
RCA to 1/4 cables. Their sound board should have 1/4 mains to plug into if not you want to find out before hand.
DJ Matty Stiles 11:58 PM - 12 January, 2017
Quote:
Passive DI with mono summing is your best bet. RCA to XLR cables also exist but leave you with a long unbalanced run of cable, which may or may not be a problem.

You mean a DI box?
&Midge 10:47 PM - 13 January, 2017
deejdave 1:51 AM - 14 January, 2017
Quote:
i have a pioneer ddj sb2 and i need to use it to dj a place that is giving me a single female xlr cable. What would be the best way to connect to it?

He needs to connect an RCA output only mixer to an XLR connection..........

Quote:
RCA to 1/4 cables. Their sound board should have 1/4 mains to plug into if not you want to find out before hand.

.......... and your suggestion is to use 1/4" adapter cables?

Anyways you can use a mixer that has RCA inputs and an XLR out as DjSyndic8 if you have one laying around otherwise just go for RCA to XLR adapter or cables. Chances are the XLR's the place is offering XLR as they are most likely balanced so you will lose that but the sound should still be fine. Chose an option, get to this place nice and early and test it out. DO NOT do as Tecniq suggested and show up with 1/4" cables. That is an assumption to say the least. 1/4" Inputs are the least used these days (at clubs etc.) so it is not even a safe assumption.
DJ Tecniq 5:39 AM - 14 January, 2017
Quote:
You do know they make RCA to 1/4 cables right? My Hosa is a dual RCA to 1/4 cable works fine🙄 I don't know a soundboard that doesn't have 1/4 inputs anyways.
DJ Tecniq 5:41 AM - 14 January, 2017
deejdave 4:33 PM - 14 January, 2017
nobody is questioning if they make 1/4/rca cables........... just pointing out they are useless when converting rca to xlr......... is this not basic?
577er 5:06 PM - 14 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

You mean a DI box?

Yeah a DI box with RCA ins will do exactly what he needs. All we know is he needs to go into a single female XLR. The DI will do that and sum to mono. Boom done.
Logisticalstyles 11:12 PM - 14 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
i have a pioneer ddj sb2 and i need to use it to dj a place that is giving me a single female xlr cable. What would be the best way to connect to it?

Quote:

lol, I'm surprised he didn't recommend a firmware update.
Mr. Goodkat 12:01 AM - 15 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

lmao
DJ Tecniq 7:40 AM - 15 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You got jokes. At least I actually help users on the forum instead of posting useless bullshit👌🏼
deejdave 4:13 PM - 15 January, 2017
Well that's just it. This guy says the venue is providing ONE xlr jack to connect to his gear. Usually higher end gear has xlr outputs. Being his sdj-sb does not have one as it only has rca out. To fix this problem you suggest to introduce a 1/4" adapter cable. Are you suggesting this guy tells the owner to go f himself and deal with his 1/4" output in hopes that he actually has the capability? How do you even know a sound board is involved at all? I could see this being a simple mistake which happens no harm done but when all of this is brought up you stick to your answer? Who are you helping? This guy sounds pretty new and he doesn't need that kind of help.

The box mentioned above, an rca to xlr cable or a mixer that has rca inputs and xlr outputs is what's needed here.
lofty 11:31 PM - 15 January, 2017
Go pick yourself up a pair of RCA to 1/4 inch cables

Then buy a passive line mixer
Something like this
www.pulse-audio.co.uk

Daniel run a single 1/4 inch to XLR to hook into the house system

I did an install at a club ones that we had to run a Mano signal to the outside amps. This was the easiest solution and actually worked quite well