DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Name That Tune

DJ Demolition 4:11 AM - 3 January, 2017
Before I begin, someone please let me know if there is an existing thread for this subject. I did seach, and couldn't find anything.

To the point: I have an old mixtape (literally), from a once local radio DJ, which contains half a dozen or so very decent tracks that I have been unable to find the artists/titles for.

I was out of circulation for around three years of that time, and as a result I am a little weak in my knowledge per the music of that particular period.

I want to add these tracks to my collection, but after much (web) searching and trying every song recognition app including Google, I still have been able to identify only three of them. Therefore I've decided to ask here, as a last resort.

Here is a link to a clip of the first one, which I've posted to my SoundCloud account:

soundcloud.com

I know the name, but not the artist. All tracks will be from the '91-'92 era. All help is appreciated.
DJ Demolition 5:43 AM - 7 January, 2017
Not one DJ here with an answer? At least I don't feel so bad now about not knowing the track myself.
Phuture2 2:10 PM - 9 January, 2017
I have been looking and i can't seem to find it either.
DJ Demolition 3:36 PM - 9 January, 2017
Hey, thanks for your efforts, Phuture2. These won't be easy to find, though.

What we need is a DJ(s) who is intimately familiar with the rave/underground scene of that era. ('91-'92-'93)
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:57 PM - 10 January, 2017
I did listen when u first posted - it sounds like one of the old mega mixes but can't put my finger on the rappers

Sorry can't help ya - not ringing a bell
DJ Demolition 12:13 AM - 11 January, 2017
Thanks for trying, Art. The track is too good to be totally unheard of, so I'm betting someone here is familiar. It received four likes within the first fifteen minutes, even though it's only a lousy mono cellphone recording, of a cheap worn out mixtape.

The rapper gives his name during his monologue, as well as the name of the tune (that's how I know the name), however when I tried to look up information about him, I drew a blank.

I did find the name and artist for the other track labeled "unknown". Was going to take it down, but SoundCloud software won't allow you to modify anything in your account from a cellphone.