Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

EQ - View & Adjust

Keizer Soze 10:16 PM - 25 December, 2016
question guys...

1. i need a visual indicator ON the computer screen within the software that shows my eq levels. how do i enable that?

2. when using a keybaord only, HOW do i adjust the eq? (ie: increase, decrease basa, mid, and treble)

any response with the answer to these specific questions are greatly appreciated! thank you for taking the time :)
DjSyndic8 1:01 AM - 26 December, 2016
Quote:
question guys...

1. i need a visual indicator ON the computer screen within the software that shows my eq levels. how do i enable that?

2. when using a keybaord only, HOW do i adjust the eq? (ie: increase, decrease basa, mid, and treble)

any response with the answer to these specific questions are greatly appreciated! thank you for taking the time :)

we dont know what your using so we cant help
Keizer Soze 5:26 AM - 28 December, 2016
i'm using the lastest version of Serato.

on GUI, there is no such BASS, MID, or TREBLE. ie: limited mixer view (no visual crossfader, or eq knobs)

now! for FX...there is...and it's cool.

i want that for my EQ (bass, mid, treble)

AND

i want to be able to adjust that via laptop keyboard.

sooooooo, how is this done?

plz and ty :)
DjSyndic8 8:41 AM - 28 December, 2016
Quote:

on GUI, there is no such BASS, MID, or TREBLE. ie: limited mixer view (no visual crossfader, or eq knobs)

AND

ok what dj controller are you using? cause serato only works with supported controllers, mixers and soundcards that is why you dont see much controls on the interface, I think you might be looking for virtual dj
DJ DBASS 12:00 PM - 30 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

AND

ok what dj controller are you using? cause serato only works with supported controllers, mixers and soundcards that is why you dont see much controls on the interface, I think you might be looking for virtual dj

Yes. Go to Virtual DJ and then you'll see all this stuff. Serato will not help you on this.
Keizer Soze 12:25 AM - 5 January, 2017
if you stop and think about it, my controller has nothing to do with my specific questions (GUI)

i'm using a DDJ-SR.

not sure why a Serato user would promote another Brand/Software unless they truly dislike
Serato.

i think Serato is great. just need the logic behind limited options to view on the GUI explained. sure, we all want to not have to look at the monitor. certain controllers obviously allow for this.

with that said, Serato knows this is a feature available in any Mixing software. so? is it hidden? are they forcing us to pay for it? i mean...there is a ton of wasted space on the GUI. is this where those are suppose to be? if not, then why?! how does that make sense to NOT have a visual indicator of your levels?

clearly i can apply that same logic to the FX controls, right? ahhhh...those ARE visible? ok...then WHY are they visible? stupid question right? apply that same ass backwards logic to your eq levels now.

personally, i'd prefer a response from a Mod or Admin or someone affiliated with Serato as opposed to someone who truly doesn't want to help. helping = answering direct questions.

just here for answers, not convo.
Murkster-Dubez 12:42 AM - 5 January, 2017
Serato does not have a EQ view GUI and no controller plugged in to Serato will be able to enable something that simply does not exist.
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:39 PM - 5 January, 2017
HI Keizer Soze ,

There isn't any plan to include controls in the software for an EQ on each channel, as that is handled by the mixer, or mixer on the controller.
To get a visual reference of what frequencies are changing on the waveform, you should enable "eq coloured waveforms" in the setup/Library + Display menu. The waveform will change colour depending on what frequency you are adjusting.

Regards,
Keizer Soze 1:40 AM - 7 January, 2017
thank you, @Murkster-Dubez and @Matt P for taking time to reply to my post.

i understand and have noticed the difference in color for the waveform.

being there's millions of Serato users out there, and that 1 in 12 men are color blind to some extent, seems like a silly feature given the GUI definitely has room for a visual reference as it does for FX.

@Serato: PLEASE FIX asap, thx

yea, i get it...controllers help with this. if you stop and think, this feature isn't a lot to ask for or any different that what's available in other Mixing software.

as a matter of fact, which software doesn't show the EQ faders in the GUI??
answer = Serato (insert thumbs down emoji here)
Acey 6:58 PM - 7 September, 2019
Sorry to bump this old post but it seems a logical place to ask now it is 2019...

... there are visual EQ setting without a controller plugged in now. But these are hidden as soon as a controller it connected.

My controller does not have EQ faders, so I would like the option to keep the EQ faders displayed, or at least adjust with a MIDI input controller.

Is there any way to do this?
dj_soo 6:59 PM - 7 September, 2019
can't you just... look down at the position of your knobs?