Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

rane 62 now supported with sierra?

hersh20 4:03 PM - 23 December, 2016
im confused someone posted this link (serato.com) and shows rane 60 series mixers are no longer on the list of incompatible hardware. so what does this mean? its all good? there was no need for a new driver? do you need to install 1.9.5? please advise...
Jay-T 3:27 PM - 24 December, 2016
This link shows it's on the supported list.

support.serato.com
Terrence Stokes 11:08 PM - 24 December, 2016
Has anyone battle test the 64 with Sierra?
hersh20 12:23 AM - 27 December, 2016
yea but another post made by an admin in the rane forums said they were working on driver updates. still some kinda weird stuff going on.
DJ Baby Boy 1:16 AM - 27 December, 2016
I have been using both the Rane 62 & the 64 on Sierra with no issues on a 2012 15" MBP 2.3 16gb ram 512gb SSD for OS & 2tb HDD for storage ... The biggest thing that will impact your performance when upgrading to new operating systems is the age and specs of your machine ... If you're running a 2011 or older MBP I would not suggest upgrading above Yosemite at the newest especially if you don't have any hardware upgrades done to your machine ... with a 2012 for most people I also suggest staying around Yosemite as well unless you are running an SSD strictly for OS X and programs only
DJ ManTron 7:51 AM - 27 December, 2016
I installed sierra from Yosemite, sdj 1.9.5 and drivers. The 62 will stall out on the connection to sdj. But I have no problems running scratchlive

Rane 2.53
Sdj 1.9.5
MacBook Pro late 2012i7
16g ram
1tb ssd
Sierra 10.12.2
chaka 4:24 AM - 19 January, 2017
Any updates here? Really sad to see what's happened to Rane. Seems like robots are running the forums now. Did InMusic just buy them to kill them off? Either way, the Rane 62 does not work on Sierra at all. Anybody have any ideas other that wiping my Mac & going back to El Capitan?
DJ Baby Boy 5:20 AM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:
Any updates here? Really sad to see what's happened to Rane. Seems like robots are running the forums now. Did InMusic just buy them to kill them off? Either way, the Rane 62 does not work on Sierra at all. Anybody have any ideas other that wiping my Mac & going back to El Capitan?

I'm using the 62 & 64 on Sierra no problems with Serato DJ
chaka 9:10 PM - 2 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

What year is your Mac? Also what firmware is your Rane 62 on? I've unstalled the drivers per removal script and reinstalled - nothing.

Also - can any of you log into the Rane forums? Seems like they are deliberately blocking new access - it keeps popping up javascript errors. Really sad to see what InMusic is doing to Rane
DJ Baby Boy 1:43 AM - 3 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What year is your Mac? Also what firmware is your Rane 62 on? I've unstalled the drivers per removal script and reinstalled - nothing.

Also - can any of you log into the Rane forums? Seems like they are deliberately blocking new access - it keeps popping up javascript errors. Really sad to see what InMusic is doing to Rane

I'm on the most current firmware on both mixers and my laptop is a 2012 15" MBP 2.6 i7 16GB Ram 512GB SSD for OS 2TB HDD for storage and entire DJ Library on a 4TB thunderbolt external ... Previously it was a 2012 exact specs except it was a 2.3 i7 ... As far as the Rane forums no I haven't been able to get into them either ... What year is your mac? Even though you may not want to hear it you may be better off wiping it and starting fresh on Yosemite depending on the year of it
mister_wilson 1:40 AM - 4 February, 2017
DJ Baby Boy, is there a reason you think the specs really matter for whether a driver has been sufficiently updated or not? I am having a hard time with thinking that my laptop specs will determine whether or not a driver is working correctly.
DJ Baby Boy 3:49 AM - 4 February, 2017
Quote:
DJ Baby Boy, is there a reason you think the specs really matter for whether a driver has been sufficiently updated or not? I am having a hard time with thinking that my laptop specs will determine whether or not a driver is working correctly.

No it won't have any effect on whether the drive is successfully updated or not however the specs of your machine will dictate the performance you have with the program that you're using those drivers for ... And if your specs aren't high enough and you're running to high of an OS then you're going to have problems regardless of what version of the drivers you have installed ... Think of it this way I can install El Cap plus SDJ and all necessary drivers on to a 2009 13" MBP however just because those programs and drivers are on that machine successfully that doesn't mean that I'm going to have a good experience using it due to the fact that that machine is severely underpowered ... Now I know ManTron also mentioned that he was running a 2012 MBP but is he running the dual or quad core i7 because that can make a difference when running an operating system that is 4 years newer than the machine itself
DJ ManTron 12:25 PM - 4 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

No it won't have any effect on whether the drive is successfully updated or not however the specs of your machine will dictate the performance you have with the program that you're using those drivers for ... And if your specs aren't high enough and you're running to high of an OS then you're going to have problems regardless of what version of the drivers you have installed ... Think of it this way I can install El Cap plus SDJ and all necessary drivers on to a 2009 13" MBP however just because those programs and drivers are on that machine successfully that doesn't mean that I'm going to have a good experience using it due to the fact that that machine is severely underpowered ... Now I know ManTron also mentioned that he was running a 2012 MBP but is he running the dual or quad core i7 because that can make a difference when running an operating system that is 4 years newer than the machine itself

I've tried a few things. When upgrading from Yosemite to Sierra I can only get scratch live to work( tried ktext file hack, fresh install of Rane firmware, SDJ and SL). On a clean install of Sierra I got SDJ to work, but SL would not connect. I did not try the ktext hack but i think it would work. Since there wasn't a green light from race, I decided to down grade to Yosemite.
Jay-T 7:27 PM - 4 February, 2017
Quote:

I have been using the Rane 62 on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 with no issues at all. I can run SSL and SDJ.
bboysupafly 9:42 PM - 4 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I have been using the Rane 62 on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 with no issues at all. I can run SSL and SDJ.

What laptop model are you using? 2012 Retina?
Jay-T 10:00 PM - 5 February, 2017
Quote:
What laptop model are you using? 2012 Retina?

Its just an old and stock, MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) non retina.
mister_wilson 2:24 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

@DJ Baby Boy, I'll be honest...Everything you are saying is pure speculation. A new operating system may be less CPU intensive or more CPU intensive for a particular piece of software. More than likely if a person is having performance issues due to limited processor speed or RAM on their computer, its not the OS that is going to break the camel's back. By the dogmatic posting above, I thought you had some insight or knew something about the actual technical challenges to getting Sierra and Rane products to work flawlessly. I get you want to be helpful, but you might be actually hurting people by spreading conjecture.
mister_wilson 2:31 AM - 7 February, 2017
It would be nice if someone from Serato would address the very real concern that the admin's over at Rane are saying that Sierra is still glitchy with some of the Rane products that Serato is saying are supported.

dj.rane.com

The admin at Rane was still quoting issues with Rane 62 and Sierra as recently as 1/18/17

Regards

P.S. I am happy to stay on Yosemite for now, but I feel like it might be time to just sell the Rane62 and SL4 now before they are completely useless due to lack of driver support by Rane. I would hate to be sitting on $2000 worth of useless Rane gear.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:52 PM - 7 February, 2017
My 62 works with Sierra. Still used it this morning.
hersh20 7:05 PM - 7 February, 2017
^ +1
i have been using my 62 with sierra for a few weeks, as well as the s9. still using SDJ 1.9.2 though. it works perfect. no need to try anything new at this point.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 8:31 PM - 7 February, 2017
Hey guys,

If anyone's running into issues using the 62 with Sierra please open up a help request below and our support team will be in touch.

support.serato.com

Cheers.
mister_wilson 9:45 PM - 7 February, 2017
Thanks Jordan. That sounds like Serato standing behind the drivers which is good enough for me.
Slim Jim 12:59 AM - 1 April, 2017
I downgraded to El Capitan. I tried fresh installs of various different SDJ versions and deleting the ktext file. I couldn't get SDJ to recognise the 62. I don't think I'll go near Sierra now.