Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Denon DJ MCX8000 Needle Drop Always On

Andres R-C 8:45 PM - 20 December, 2016
The MCX8000 has a touch strip to scroll thrugh songs but it's only supposed to work when you touch the platter. Mine is always on and I've accidentally scrolled through songs without touching the platter (similar to the first SX). I want to see if there's a way to the this feature off or make sure it only works when I touch the platter. I've asked around and researched but can't find a solution. Anyone else have this problem?
Chino 9:20 PM - 20 December, 2016
The needle drop on the MCx8000 functions when you touch the strip. In order to disable it during playback please follow the instruction below:

!. In SDJ click on the SETUP button(upper right-hand side of the screen)
2. Under the "DJ Preferences" TAB check the box that says "Disable Needle Search During Playback".
DragonBoy 11:48 AM - 8 November, 2017
I have the same problem with the MCX8000. The platter is low profile and the upper edge is very close to the needle drop strip, compared to what I'm used to on the Pioneer CDJ2000. I've accidentally hit that strip so many times while using the upper edge of the platter on the MCX8000 that I found that setting in Serato and turned it off.

Then when I switch back to CDJ2000's I have to remember to turn it back on.

Just one of my many disappointments with the MCX8000. Denon seems to be withholding capabilities of it from Serato and only providing them to their own Engine/Prime. I guess that's what makes it "Serato Enabled" instead of a "Serato Official Accessory."