Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Is it likely the end of the Pioneer DJ / Serato DJ Partnership

JonLangford 12:47 PM - 19 November, 2016
...now that Pioneer are making their own controllers for RekordBox?

I love my DDJ-SX (I have the v1) but the SZ is too big for me but I'd love an upgrade and always liked the Pioneer stuff as its laid out very similar to a standard Pioneer CDJ / DJM

Thanks
Jon
DjSyndic8 8:57 PM - 19 November, 2016
Quote:
...now that Pioneer are making their own controllers for RekordBox?

I love my DDJ-SX (I have the v1) but the SZ is too big for me but I'd love an upgrade and always liked the Pioneer stuff as its laid out very similar to a standard Pioneer CDJ / DJM

Thanks
Jon

I dont think it will be the end because a lot of djs prefer serato over recokorbox
John Calipari 9:40 PM - 19 November, 2016
maybe not immediately, but I think it is a sign of the beginning of the end.

Serato compatibility will take a backseat, if at all, for every new DDJ product from here on out.
DjSyndic8 12:25 AM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:

Serato compatibility will take a backseat, if at all, for every new DDJ product from here on out.

I don't see it happening why would you cut off serato a source of revenue for pioneer, you can compete along side serato but you cant cut yourself off, Serato will always be part of Pioneer look how long they have partnered for, who knows maybe serato already has shares in the pioneer company,
John Calipari 2:12 AM - 20 November, 2016
Tr
Quote:
Quote:

I don't see it happening why would you cut off serato a source of revenue for pioneer, you can compete along side serato but you cant cut yourself off, Serato will always be part of Pioneer look how long they have partnered for, who knows maybe serato already has shares in the pioneer company,

Try running Serato on Pioneer's newest line-up of DDJ's RXZ, RZ, RX, RB which have been out a year and see how far you get, yet older DDJ's such as the SX and SZ were almost immediately modified recognize and be controlled by RKBX Software's Version 1 Release. Not a good sign.

It's not that I want that to happen, I just think it slowly will.
DjSyndic8 2:46 AM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:
Tr
Quote:
Quote:

Try running Serato on Pioneer's newest line-up of DDJ's RXZ, RZ, RX, RB which have been out a year and see how far you get, yet older DDJ's such as the SX and SZ were almost immediately modified recognize and be controlled by RKBX Software's Version 1 Release. Not a good sign.

Pioneer has released anything to date because they are trying to figure out whats the new technology for DJing once they figure that out then all the new controllers will come out
John Calipari 3:25 AM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Tr
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer has released anything to date because they are trying to figure out whats the new technology for DJing once they figure that out then all the new controllers will come out

I agree with that. The USB-C standard is in transition among other things.
deejdave 8:01 PM - 20 November, 2016
djtechtools.com

www.pioneerdj.com

djworx.com

djworx.com

serato.com

serato.com

Just gonna leave this stuff here in hopes it clears a bunch of this up.............. It touches on the past, present AND future.
Laz219 10:02 AM - 21 November, 2016
Honestly, to me Pio are the one company that could get away with it.
So many people will stick with their hardware regardless of software platform, especially with RBDJ taking so many visual cues from SDJ (remember...when it came out many people assumed it was essentially skinned SDJ)
Especially with the low end controller market including bundled software, a lot of new DJs will never step outside the pioneer ecosystem.