Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

promo only ripping/automation ---> Mp4 tagging

Dj_Nix 11:03 PM - 5 November, 2016
alright so im finally getting around to a ripping/tagging a whole slew of promo only videos i ripped some years ago. obvious problem here is that .vobs aren't gonna cut it for use with ssl/me so I have to rip the iso (which is done), split the .vobs, name them the video, convert to mp4, then tag/name them so I don't have to manually. Ok its straight forward but I'm on OSX now. There used to be a windows only program that would query the PO database and split the iso to vob and name the file automatically. does anybody know an equivalent program for OSX?

i can batch convert in handbrake so im not worried here but what are you using to tag the mp4s? I tagged a batch a looooong time ago with a program (idont remeber which name) but it corrupted a bunch of my files. trying to avoid this happening again. what are you using for your files?
Andyman187 1:47 PM - 6 November, 2016
I use MetaX to tag my mp4s...
Dj_Nix 1:55 PM - 6 November, 2016
Have your ever had a problems/corruptions? That program is in the settings on HB... I read the reviews before I even posted this thread and some said it messed up their stuff.

www.macupdate.com
Andyman187 2:59 PM - 6 November, 2016
Quote:
Have your ever had a problems/corruptions? That program is in the settings on HB... I read the reviews before I even posted this thread and some said it messed up their stuff.

www.macupdate.com

Never had any issues. I use Mpeg Streamclip tho not hand brake..
DJ Baby Boy 5:42 AM - 7 November, 2016
I do all my major tagging in Serato itself that way I can see exactly the tag fields I want to use but MetaBliss by MIK (www.metabliss.com) could be a good option for you too ... Also if you're already a Mixed In Key user they have built MetaBliss into MIK 8