Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Add option for automatic needle drop at first transient upon track load

JWRitson 1:15 AM - 27 October, 2016
I've searched the forums and don't see any suggestions like this, only requests for fixes or changes to cues or wave forms. I also see that the Beatgrid feature gets halfway to my request but not entirely, as my feature doesn't have to do with two tracks interacting:

FEATURE: The setting would enable a feature that has Serato automatically "drop the needle" or set the track start position to the very first detectable transient of the track.

Almost all (properly produced) music contains a silence buffer at the beginning and end of the track, to account for launch errors I'm assuming.
Now that Serato and other softwares are capable of launching samples of data reliably and accurately, this buffer shouldn't be necessary for the software (though it is still greatly welcomed in general).
With so much to think about when preparing a song (well, depending on what your style of DJing is), its easy to forget or not have time to spin the needle position to the transient--it's a such a minor non-obvious detail in the whole mix of things-- and when one is trying to drop a track on the fly, this can immediately throw their mix off.
According to Beatgrid's manual, that feature can sometimes erroneously set the downbeat on the first transient of the track, thus proving that the developers could make this happen on purpose if desired (without using Beatgrid of course).

If automatically setting the needle is an issue, at least add a setting that automatically sets a cue point at the transient.

I can say that I've heard a few DJs mumble about wishing this feature existed.
Hope it can be implemented,
Thanks.
AKIEM 3:51 AM - 2 December, 2016
you mean, automatic cue point set on transient?

been requested years
JWRitson 5:33 AM - 6 February, 2017
I can't figure out how to delete the original post. That said I later learned how to edit Beatgrids and set launch points. This has been helpful.
However I still wish the program would set a launch point at the first transient for tracks without Beatgrid enabled, as music that isn't quantized, such as older recordings, is a lot harder to setup Beatgrid on and time consuming, and i end up getting confused when playing Live trying to track downbeats but also seeing out of sync beat lines flying by-- so i choose to delete the grid in those songs. Doing so causes me to lose my launch point though so as said above having that feature would be very helpful.