Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

At Serato they are slipping...

Mauro Verdoliva 10:03 AM - 23 October, 2016
After 1 mounth of 193 disaster, i'm waiting a new upgrade with all fix...

Even the shadow of a beta ... I'm really disgusted.
DjSyndic8 10:12 AM - 23 October, 2016
Quote:
After 1 mounth of 193 disaster, i'm waiting a new upgrade with all fix...

Even the shadow of a beta ... I'm really disgusted.

whats wrong? what are you using ie. laptop, controller etc
Mauro Verdoliva 11:28 AM - 23 October, 2016
Serato says that there are bug with windows and one mounth ago they're investigating...

Sony vaio i5 8gb ssd 256 nvidia 410 windows7 ultra optimated
Perfect until 191
Pioneer sb2
DJ Tecniq 5:15 PM - 23 October, 2016
Windows 7 has been known to be problematic with Serato. Have you thought about upgrading to Windows 8?
Mauro Verdoliva 6:25 PM - 23 October, 2016
And why?
They create the problems, they resolve
Mauro Verdoliva 6:27 PM - 23 October, 2016
I prefer to change the dj software that update to win8...
At 191 win7 was perfect
After 192 win7 is a problem?
I don't believe
DjSyndic8 7:25 PM - 23 October, 2016
Quote:
I prefer to change the dj software that update to win8...
At 191 win7 was perfect
After 192 win7 is a problem?
I don't believe

I would stick with win7 for now are you having memory issues?
Mauro Verdoliva 8:14 PM - 23 October, 2016
8gb ram? Issues?
I repeat: until 191 ZERO PROBLEMS
THE PROBLEM IS SERATO DJ
DjSyndic8 8:20 PM - 23 October, 2016
Quote:
8gb ram? Issues?
I repeat: until 191 ZERO PROBLEMS
THE PROBLEM IS SERATO DJ

ok we know you have issues with 1.93 can you elaborate on what type of issues you are having?
Mauro Verdoliva 9:19 PM - 23 October, 2016
DROPOUT yellow/red continuos
DjSyndic8 9:46 PM - 23 October, 2016
Quote:
DROPOUT yellow/red continuos

here you go open up a help request with the Serato team--->support.serato.com --- hopefully you give them a bit more detail then what you've given us, I know your frustrations but if you give us more info we can help you, if you give us less to no info then we DJ's cant help you simple as that.
Laz219 11:19 PM - 23 October, 2016
Yep, it helps if you actually can provide detailed information.

You can always go back a version too.
Mauro Verdoliva 9:24 AM - 24 October, 2016
Dear dj syndic8 i opened TWO TICKETS 1 mounth ago.
They ask me that knows the issues and will work for fix it...
After 1 mounth i don't see NOTHING...i don't see a BETA...
I'm a vj and i need the 193 for the improvements video...
But... for their superficiality can not benefit...
I'm very tired for this situation born with 1.9.2 ....
Mauro Verdoliva 9:25 AM - 24 October, 2016
I work with 191 without problems...
Laz219 10:32 AM - 24 October, 2016
Given the way you detail your issues, I'm not surprised. You haven't really clarified anything in this thread and I expect your support tickets are similar.- yet you seem to expect them to drop a beta to fix your exact issues,

If the previous version worked for you. Revert to it, regardless of the features you want in the new version. Shouldn't working being better than features?
Mauro Verdoliva 12:05 PM - 24 October, 2016
Hey Laz219 i've clarified with the staff of serato this GLOBAL issues.
rather I'm surprised how you talk .. but who you think you are?

child, you're talking to a 43 year old DJ who does this job for 27 and has used all the sofware for DJs on the market except mixvibes, so I know exactly what I say ...
no cosiderare that started out as a DJ with turntables, then I switched to the CDJ ...

I have not asked for help, I'm just pointing out that in New Zealand if you are taking it very convenient to solve the problems of their users ...

I opened several threads where I explained in detail the problems we had on the version 192.
not being the only one, and since up to 191 everything works perfectly, of who do you think is to blame?
DjSyndic8 1:40 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
I opened several threads where I explained in detail the problems we had on the version 192.
not being the only one, and since up to 191 everything works perfectly, of who do you think is to blame?

regardless if you open up threads all over this forum we are dealing with this thread that you opened up with minimal detail and you expect people to be mind readers and understand what your issue is?

I am also the same age as you and being DJing for over 20 years a Kiwi too...
I have learnt that moaning about an issue on this forum is not going to fix your issue,
All the years I have been Djing I've learnt to troubleshoot my DJ issues by doing a lot of research on line and If I do find a solution to my issue then I share it with the Serato community,

brother like I said I know your frustrations but getting upset at DJ's that just want to help is not the way,

All we asked for is next time put as much information as you can on your threads that you create,

Oh and one thing never expect Serato to get back to you within the Hour with a solution to your issue,

also I have a feeling English is not your first language, cause its kinda hard to understand you.
Mauro Verdoliva 2:06 PM - 24 October, 2016
dear dj sindyc8

I repeat that this thread was not for help, but only to reiterate the exasperating slowness with which serato try to solve a problem that plagues many of us users.
after all if you read the title you would have noticed.
I thank you anyway for the tips.
Marv Incredible 6:45 PM - 24 October, 2016
"No. I can't solve my problem for now by rolling back because..."
Quote:
I'm a vj and i need the 193 for the improvements video...

...that don't exist.

LOL

I, like many here, am all for helping my fellow DJ but after the way you've dissed my peoples you can go swivel.
popnwave 7:06 PM - 24 October, 2016
How many threads can one guy start?

USE 1.9.1.
Mauro Verdoliva 7:20 PM - 24 October, 2016
Hey marv what don't exist?
Explain
Walston_Tempest 10:20 PM - 24 October, 2016
I don't want to get embroiled in an argument but I am going to second that serato is definitley worse post 191.

Detail - Ignoring the waveform still making like an octoginarian with heavy shopping, the pitch lock sounds awful from +3.0%. I have also experienced serious sound drops, no this is not caused by lack of resources, my pc barely even notices serato except when analysing tracks.

Try not to let your frustration get the better of you. Whilst the serato bods have not always solved my issues, I believe they do care, sometimes problems just take time to fix.
Laz219 10:51 PM - 24 October, 2016
Ok.

Thanks for the biography.
DJ Tecniq 12:23 AM - 25 October, 2016
I'm using 1.9.2 with video and it's working well w/Pioneer S9. I had SV crashes with 1.9.3 and I'm not sure why so staying away from it for now.
DjSyndic8 4:11 AM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
the pitch lock sounds awful from +3.0%.

r u using Pitch n Time?
Walston_Tempest 4:53 AM - 26 October, 2016
No, just the standard serato dj.
DjSyndic8 5:16 AM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:
No, just the standard serato dj.

this is probably why your pitch lock sounds bad, Thats why I bought the Pitch N Time,
its a conspiracy why Serato would make there Pitch lock sound like shit so you have to purchase Pitch N Time, I guess this is how Serato makes money true story ;)