Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

APPLE MUSIC & SERATO DJ

DJGOJABEAN 3:08 PM - 22 October, 2016
IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET MY APPLE MUSIC DOWNLOADS TO PLAY IN SERATO OR IS THAT A POSSIBILITY ????
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:27 PM - 22 October, 2016
đź—ŁNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:08 AM - 24 October, 2016
WHYYYYYYYYYYY?????
popnwave 7:05 PM - 24 October, 2016
Nope, not licensed and not supported.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:09 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:

Please explain in simple terms what that means....
popnwave 7:12 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Apple Music downloads are encrypted like iTunes stuff used to be (before Apple caved), you have to be signed in to Apple Music and used an authorized player such as iTunes or the Apple Music iOS player.

It works the same way as Pulselocker, but a different library and it's for personal use only.

Now has someone found a way to crack it? Possibly, just like the work arounds on other formats. But I sure as hell wouldn't trust it in my live gig library.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:14 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Apple Music downloads are encrypted like iTunes stuff used to be (before Apple caved), you have to be signed in to Apple Music and used an authorized player such as iTunes or the Apple Music iOS player.

It works the same way as Pulselocker, but a different library and it's for personal use only.

Now has someone found a way to crack it? Possibly, just like the work arounds on other formats. But I sure as hell wouldn't trust it in my live gig library.

And thank you for that detailed explanation sir...

For the benefit of those who don't think music can be locked down to a specific device or login....