Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

DDJ SB2 No Sound

JapinoPapi 8:57 PM - 20 October, 2016
So I just got my SB2, downloaded serato dj intro and 1.9.3 but neither has sound whenever I try and load a track. I'm currently running through os Sierra If someone could provide some tips on what I should do audio preferences wise I'm lost right now...
Laz219 2:54 AM - 25 October, 2016
I assume you want to play through your computers built in speakers...

Have a look here:
support.serato.com
Serato, Support
Marcus S 2:51 AM - 2 November, 2016
Hey JapinoPapi,

Are the tracks showing as playing within Serato?

Are you connecting powered speakers to the outputs on your SB2?

Do you get audio through your headphones?

Laz's tip for an aggregate device is good if you want to use your computer's audio output too - please follow his link to set this up.
DJ LRagz 6:20 AM - 29 December, 2016
Might be a stupid question but does anybody know if you have to have speakers plugged into the back for you to have any sound, because right now I only have my headphones plugged into the side of my DDJ and don't have speakers and im getting no sound.
Laz219 5:48 AM - 2 January, 2017
You should still be able to get sound,

Check the headphone mix- if it's on cue you'll need to make sure you've turned on cue for each channel you want to here (orange buttons, also in the middle) and ensure the obvious thing of having the headphone volume turned up.
OR if you're on master for the headphone mix and still getting no signal, check the 'trim' at the top of each channel.
DJ LRagz 12:52 AM - 3 January, 2017
Thank you for the quick response but I just tried both of those things and still no sound for some reason the only time I see CH Levels lights flash is when I plug into my computer but when I play the tracks it doesn't light up at all, I've set up the EQ, trim, filter the way the manual so I'm kind of confused.
Laz219 3:20 AM - 3 January, 2017
Maybe contact Pio support/open a help ticket with Serato.

I've never used an SB2, I just wrote that previous response from looking at a picture of it and figured it was likely to be the culprit
Stoneone 5:49 PM - 8 October, 2017
can some one help. my Samples are loaded in my Serato DJ and mt Serato into,i can see its playing but, there is no sound coming out. the decks are playing, getting sound. its only no sound from the sampler but I can see it playing.

DJ Stone.
DJ Tecniq 7:23 PM - 8 October, 2017
Try changing the audio settings. Make sure your trim/gain levels at the top are not all the way down.
DJ Tecniq 7:24 PM - 8 October, 2017
Audio settings in your laptop*
Stoneone 9:53 PM - 18 October, 2017
thanks, will try that.
sydliv 2:16 AM - 28 December, 2017
Just saw this thread. I used to DJ a long time ago (vinyl) and picked up the pioneer ddj-sb2 for hobbying at home. I downloaded the serato dj intro (latest version) and also installed the pioneer ddj-sb2 latest drivers from their website. I connected the USB to my laptop and the rca output to my home amplifier audio input. No sound from the cue or from speakers. Couldn’t figure it out as i had trim, eq, fader, master and cue volumes correct.

I tried downloading virtual dj just to make sure it didn’t work as well. I figured I got a lemon.

Soon as I started the pcdj virtual DJ, I had sound from my headphones and output speakers. Didn’t change anything on the setup side at all. So I’m really not sure what to do to use serato. I’m leery to buy the serato DJ if i can’t even get the free version to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
DJ Tecniq 2:21 AM - 28 December, 2017
Whichever laptop you are using make sure the sound settings are selected for the SB2 device. Also make sure you gain levels aren’t all the way down (noob mistake sometimes)
sydliv 2:28 AM - 28 December, 2017
Definitely not the gains or anything like that as I mentioned it worked right away with another software. As for sound settings for the SB2 device, I assume you mean playback devices on the sound card settings of my laptop? I tried selecting that and nothing. Not sure why I would have to do that with serato and not do anything with pcdj? I’m fairly technical with computers so I tried everything I could think of. I’d really like to use serato DJ if I could get it to work! Anyways appreciate the help.
DJ Tecniq 5:56 AM - 28 December, 2017
Quote:
Definitely not the gains or anything like that as I mentioned it worked right away with another software. As for sound settings for the SB2 device, I assume you mean playback devices on the sound card settings of my laptop? I tried selecting that and nothing. Not sure why I would have to do that with serato and not do anything with pcdj? I’m fairly technical with computers so I tried everything I could think of. I’d really like to use serato DJ if I could get it to work! Anyways appreciate the help.
mac or pc? Pcdj is very different from Serato if you’re using any kind of usb hardware it needs to be selected in the sound preferences as the audio card.
DJ PeterN 8:39 PM - 5 January, 2018
Hi Bro - The Pioneer SB 2 claims to be compatible w Serato DJ sadly it's not assuming you are using Mac. I just requested a refund maybe you should too.
DJ Tecniq 9:22 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:
Hi Bro - The Pioneer SB 2 claims to be compatible w Serato DJ sadly it's not assuming you are using Mac. I just requested a refund maybe you should too.
The SB2 “is” compatible with SDJ i used to have it but upgraded to the SR2. The SB2 works with SDJ Intro you need to purchase SDJ software in order to use the full SDJ program as the SB2 is a upgrade device and requires a license for SDJ.
DJ Tecniq 9:24 PM - 5 January, 2018
The SB2 works freely with SDJ Intro (basic software) to use more features like recording etc you need to purchase a one time payment for SDJ license. If you have a license already just download the Serato DJ software and you’re good to go.
DJ Tecniq 9:25 PM - 5 January, 2018
SDJ Intro (Free basic software)
Serato DJ (advanced paid software or license required if already done so)
DJ PeterN 9:31 PM - 5 January, 2018
FYI- I bought the license and no sound on the sb2. Checked other blogs and it seems to be a common issue with consumers who bought controller Xmas 2017. Read other blogs stating that Serato has issues w 2017 MacBook Pros w touchbar. Clerk at store where I purchased was also miffed by the issues. Just telling it like it is bro. No disrespect just truth.
DJ PeterN 9:45 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:
FYI- I bought the license and no sound on the sb2. Checked other blogs and it seems to be a common issue with consumers who bought controller Xmas 2017. Read other blogs stating that Serato has issues w 2017 MacBook Pros w touchbar. Clerk at store where I purchased was also miffed by the issues. Just telling it like it is bro. No disrespect just truth.

Also, I just read that Pioneer is pushing hard to get DJ's over to Rekordbox (which works great on the SB2) so maybe it's Pioneers doing?
DJ Tecniq 2:58 AM - 6 January, 2018
Quote:
Also, I just read that Pioneer is pushing hard to get DJ's over to Rekordbox (which works great on the SB2) so maybe it's Pioneers doing?
Doubt it I’m using Yosemite and my SB2 works fine i just sold it to a friend who’s on High Sierra and had a absolutely no issues connected it but he’s using a 2012 MacBook Pro.
DJ PeterN 7:55 AM - 6 January, 2018
Yeah 2012 Mac probably works but the new 2017 w touchbar gives SDJ problems. No surprise as the R&D is located in NZ. Those people are still in the dark ages. Lord of the Rings era. Lol
I'll wait for the refund and use a more professional app. Thanks for the reply and peace!
DJ Tecniq 4:07 PM - 6 January, 2018
Quote:
Those people are still in the dark ages. Lord of the Rings era.
This was actually funny lol. As for the Touchbar Macs Serato has not made a statement that hardware will work or not with High Sierra. Most i hear are disabling WiFi or getting in touch with support for connection issues.
DJ PeterN 4:14 PM - 6 January, 2018
Thanks Bro...glad u have a sense of humor as well. Not trying to be disrespectful but its a real chore to get this program to work. Sad indeed. Best and Happy new Year!
Paydro Rivers 4:27 PM - 6 January, 2018
I went to the Pioneer website, DDJ-SB2 firmware & software updates, downloaded a driver and now it works! www.pioneerdj.com
DJ PeterN 4:34 PM - 6 January, 2018
Thanks Bro, but this drivers are for windows. It's a dead issue w Mac sadly. I already consulted TOP IT guys that have worked for Skype etc and they too are beyond confused. Im thinking refund and using a more user friendly app. Peace!
DJ PeterN 4:39 PM - 6 January, 2018
besides im more of a blend/mix programmer and Serato DJ seems more of a Scratch/Novelty DJ style....like the peeps that use Auto Tune when recording vocals and that are beat matchers not sound or musical key DJ's.. Just sayin.