Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SB works with SDJ-Intro but not SDJ?????

dakayemtee 2:21 AM - 19 October, 2016
First off let me say that the help tickets that I opened were not very helpful at all. All they did was repeatedly direct me to check that the default sound devices for playback & recording were still set as speakers and microphone, respectively instead of taken over by the DDJ-SB. They didn't even bother to address the issue that I had, which is the fact that after connecting my controller to my laptop (Intel Celeron 1.60 GHz 2.00GB RAM formerly Windows 7 now upgraded to Windows 10), Serato DJ Intro works perfectly but the 14 day trial version of Serato DJ didn't. Wasted the entire trial trying to get software that doesn't even recognize my controller at all.

So, I'm at my wit's end, and I turn to the forums, hoping that anyone, anyone at all will hopefully give me some answers, or at least some closure, as to why Intro works but not the trial version. And before any numbskull will tell me to CHECK THE SOUND DEVICES ONE MORE TIME, LET ME BE CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!! I checked, double checked, even did print screens of the default sound devices AND SERATO DJ STILL DID NOT RECOGNIZE MY DDJ-SB!!!!!
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:33 AM - 19 October, 2016
i guess you never checked the min spec of SDJ so that laptop would run it like shit even if you got it working,

and if its not showing in SDj its usually a driver issue
dakayemtee 2:42 AM - 19 October, 2016
I already downloaded the appropriate drivers and the firmware for the controller. Still came up with the same issue. Okay so the RAM is lower so what? Can't I just by more RAM in lieu of buying a new laptop? The processor is 1.60 GHz and it calls for 1.07 GHz. What am I missing here?
Hanginon 3:06 AM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
What am I missing here?

What you're missing is not having the minimum required processor.

If you did a recent trial, it was probably a current version of Serato DJ, probably 1.9.2 or 1.9.3

You need an Intel i3, i5, or i7 to run the current version (with Intel Integrated HD Graphics). An Intel Celeron will work OK on older versions, or Intro (as you found out), but you probably should increase the RAM to 4GB.

In addition, I'm not a lover of USB only powered controller's (like your SB). The poor little USB port has to power the controller (with LED lights), the sound card, and even the headphones. I have seen this cause problems with USB 2.0 ports that are current limited to 500 ma (the "not recognizing controller" problem). Try using a USB 3.0 port if your laptop has one.
DJ Tecniq 7:55 AM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
First off let me say that the help tickets that I opened were not very helpful at all. All they did was repeatedly direct me to check that the default sound devices for playback & recording were still set as speakers and microphone, respectively instead of taken over by the DDJ-SB. They didn't even bother to address the issue that I had, which is the fact that after connecting my controller to my laptop (Intel Celeron 1.60 GHz 2.00GB RAM formerly Windows 7 now upgraded to Windows 10), Serato DJ Intro works perfectly but the 14 day trial version of Serato DJ didn't. Wasted the entire trial trying to get software that doesn't even recognize my controller at all.

So, I'm at my wit's end, and I turn to the forums, hoping that anyone, anyone at all will hopefully give me some answers, or at least some closure, as to why Intro works but not the trial version. And before any numbskull will tell me to CHECK THE SOUND DEVICES ONE MORE TIME, LET ME BE CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!! I checked, double checked, even did print screens of the default sound devices AND SERATO DJ STILL DID NOT RECOGNIZE MY DDJ-SB!!!!!
Your laptop is limited bro. For any SDJ 1.8 version or above it requires an iprocessor which like he said should be an i3, i5 or i7 with at least 4 gigs ram. That laptop will end up causing you nothing but problems I'm afraid. You can try any SDJ 1.7 version which may be fine but you're really rolling dice with they laptop. Eventually if you want to stay with current technology like an iprocessor you'll have to upgrade that laptop. It is below the required specs for the newer versions which require more CPU. You should research the specs before purchasing SDJ or laptop. Good luck
DJ Tecniq 8:03 AM - 19 October, 2016
Here's a great solution it's an i3 and would run SDJ smoothly however I highly suggest an i5 or i7 for best performance. Hope you take our advice as we're trying to help you -> www.amazon.com
DJ Tecniq 8:13 AM - 19 October, 2016
For example my friend just got this HP i5 laptop and is having zero issues with it at just 10% CPU usage with SDJ.
www.amazon.com
dakayemtee 11:23 AM - 20 October, 2016
Thank you so much...at least I know where to go from here. Much more help than the customer service on the site...
reif99 12:07 PM - 20 October, 2016
Dakeyemtee - by any chance do u have a Bose Bluetooth sound dock or have ever paired your windows PC with a Bluetooth sound accessory? If you go to windows device manager, does it show old Bluetooth audio devices that are currently not connected to your PC? I had a issue with a Pioneer DJM900NXS that would not connect to Serato DJ, I tried making sure the DJM was not the default windows sound device. But I kept seeing a "Bose Bluetooth sound dock" in windows device manager listed as a audio device next to my default sound card and the DJM900, that would not go away, no matter how many times I tried to delete or remove it. My PC had been connected to the Bose only once at a friends party. I ended up having to turn Bluetooth off on my PC, then going back to device manager and deleting it. Once it was gone for good, then my DJM900 resumed working perfectly with Serato DJ.

I understand it's a real long shot that u might be having the same issue that I had, but hopefully it helps you or someone else out with hardware connection issues to Serato DJ.

Also, I agree with everyone else here, ditch the Celeron and get a i5 as a minimum.
dakayemtee 9:27 PM - 26 November, 2016
Thanks for the help everyone...I have another question. My brother has a laptop with something called an AMD processor and he has Serato DJ working perfectly. Would that processor work as well?
DJ Tecniq 9:31 PM - 26 November, 2016
Quote:
Thanks for the help everyone...I have another question. My brother has a laptop with something called an AMD processor and he has Serato DJ working perfectly. Would that processor work as well?
AMD processors I think have had some issues with Serato however some have had great results. I'd hate to tell you yes and then you get one and it cause you problems.
dakayemtee 9:57 PM - 26 November, 2016
Also, anyone knows if USB 3.0 ports will work with a DDJ-SB? Sorry gor the constant questions, but I need to know these things before I spend my hard earned $ for something that won't work for me.
reif99 11:36 PM - 26 November, 2016
Quote:
Also, anyone knows if USB 3.0 ports will work with a DDJ-SB? Sorry gor the constant questions, but I need to know these things before I spend my hard earned $ for something that won't work for me.

Should work fine