Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Forthcoming: CDJ-2000NXS2 Serato DJ Support.

9:49 PM, 16 Oct 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Telony Ex 7:58 PM - 18 October, 2016
seem like there is not much bitter blood between pioneer and serato after all
Dj Iceey 9:22 PM - 18 October, 2016
i think Serato should also do a Midi mapping and HID modus for the DJM 450 it will help other bedroom djs out there with a 2 channel mixer
deejdave 9:52 PM - 18 October, 2016
Scrolling waveforms please!! ;)
Clubber1970 1:53 AM - 19 October, 2016
What about the XDJ-700 integration? Will that be implemented soon, too ? We are waiting so long for that...
JDMVERNIS 3:10 AM - 19 October, 2016
Hope this can be done asap as i sold my 2000 nexus and bought the nsx 2 and now i cant link it to my s9 and macbook
HARO 3:09 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
Scrolling waveforms please!! ;)

+1k, and that show all other critical info on CDJ screens that's also found on SDJ GUI such as cue and loop markers
jaywoodz 1:45 PM - 26 October, 2016
I assume this will include support for the DJM-900NXS2?
deejdave 10:42 PM - 26 October, 2016
This follows our announcement that DJM-900NXS2 support is also coming. You can read more about this here serato.com.
JDMVERNIS 10:51 PM - 26 October, 2016
Will the nsx2 be able to support the djm s9 as well please? If so when please?
deejdave 10:55 PM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:
Will the nsx2 be able to support the djm s9 as well please? If so when please?

This makes no sense. These are both hardware.
JDMVERNIS 11:00 PM - 26 October, 2016
I mean will i be able to link the cdj nsx2 to serato dj thats in built in the djm s9 as at the moment i cant do that and i sold my nexus for the nexus 2.
deejdave 11:31 PM - 26 October, 2016
That is what this article is about....................

"The Pioneer DJ CDJ-2000NXS2 will be a supported HID device in Serato DJ before the end of this year"
TGK 7:03 PM - 19 November, 2016
Hi Serato, Hope you will have plan to use CDJ 2000 Nexus2 internal audio interface as well. include it in club kit , as CDJ uses single driver now , this will help us to use 2 usb cables and play in serato.
deejdave 8:41 PM - 19 November, 2016
Quote:
Hi Serato, Hope you will have plan to use CDJ 2000 Nexus2 internal audio interface as well. include it in club kit , as CDJ uses single driver now , this will help us to use 2 usb cables and play in serato.

Would be nice but highly unlikely as the HID will probably work as it has with every other CDJ ever supported to date.
DJEME 6:26 PM - 22 November, 2016
Would I still need to buy the DVS kit in order to use my DJM 900 Nexus 2 and CDj 2000 Nexus 2 CDJ's in HID mode I'm already own Serato DJ
deejdave 11:58 PM - 22 November, 2016
Assuming everything stays the same................ in this scenario (CDJ's) the DVS expansion will only be necessary if Record or THRU options are needed. If not the SDJ expansion is all you need to run a Serato DJ Upgrade ready
DerekBrandon 12:00 AM - 9 February, 2017
I am reading exactly opposite. It seems you need the license for serato dj and for dvs to run in hid with djm 900 nxs2 and cdj 2000 nxs2. I have this exact setup and I have serato dj but not dvs and it does not work. Everything i read says I also must have the dvs pack.
deejdave 6:25 PM - 9 February, 2017
Hopefully you are reading from the correct sources. As an example somebody in the future may read what you just said and think it is fact as well.................... it is not.

"If you only own a Serato DJ license, you will still be able to connect to Club Kit hardware and use CDJs in HID mode, or MIDI map features for use with Internal mode."

Direct from Serato......................

store.serato.com

DVS is for use with timecode and only applies to DVS and timecode.

Would you mind posting a link where it says you MUST have DVS expansion pack to use HID?
Troy Michael DJ 12:10 AM - 20 September, 2017
Does anyone know if the CDJ2KN when used with the latest version of serato now in hid support the full wave form?
deejdave 1:09 AM - 20 September, 2017
It does not. Mini waveform yes but scrolling waveform is exclusive to Rekordbox.
HARO 6:06 PM - 26 September, 2017
Quote:
It does not. Mini waveform yes but scrolling waveform is exclusive to Rekordbox.

What an incredible waste of valuable real estate by not supporting full waveform on displays. :-(
deejdave 9:18 PM - 26 September, 2017
Not a single other DJ app has them not even VDJ (who does ANY and everything they can get their hands on) so one would think this is an exclusivity issue and not so much a balance of GUI real estate. After using the scrolling waveforms (via HID) with RBDJ I'd be lying if I said they didn't lose their usefulness when compared to being stacked on a computer screen anyways.
deejdave 9:18 PM - 26 September, 2017
Although don't get me wrong I'd love to see them with SDJ........... or Djay Pro or Traktor etc.
HARO 9:20 PM - 26 September, 2017
What's even more perplexing is RBDJ doesn't even provide full waveform on CDJ display when connected to computer. :-/
deejdave 9:23 PM - 26 September, 2017
It does with CDJ-2000NXS2 and CDJ-Tour1 (since ver. 1.4) Just not CDJ-2000Nexus XDJ-1000 etc.
HARO 9:26 PM - 26 September, 2017
It does? Thought I tried in with latest RBDJ update and only got the mini waveforms at bottom. Will have to try again.
deejdave 9:32 PM - 26 September, 2017
Certainly does. Connect CDJ's via USB as normal and as long as cdj is ver. 1.4 or later Rekordbox DJ is 4.2.1 or later .............. CDJ-NXS2 or Tour1 scrolling waveforms will appear as if you were in import mode.

rekordbox.com

"-Enlarged waveforms of tracks playing in rekordbox dj are shown on the multiplayer’s screen when a PC/Mac is directly connected using only USB cables (USB-HID control).* 1"

*1: Available on CDJ-2000NXS2 (Ver.1.40 or later) and CDJ-TOUR1 (Ver.1.10 or later)."

- Direct from Rekordbox.com
HARO 11:24 PM - 26 September, 2017
Thanks, Dave. Do have CDJ2KNXS2s and RBDJ, so sill verify I'm doing everything as instructed and give it another whirl.
HARO 2:47 PM - 27 September, 2017
Boom! Not sure what the issue was last time I tried this, but full waveforms are now being displayed on CDJ2KNXS2s with RBDJ (v 5.01) in Performance mode. This is fantastic, especially because RBDJ works with both MP2015 and MP2014 built-in sound cards. Thanks again, Dave. As far as I can tell, the only feature RBDJ is missing that SDJ has that's still important to me is Flip.
deejdave 8:48 PM - 27 September, 2017
Very welcome. Yah RBDJ has certainly made waves indeed. I am a Serato user/fan at the core as it is more or less a culture than just an application for me but I would never deny the use and benefits of utilizing more than one DJ solution. For me this is no different than having multiple mixers and TT's/CD players back in the day. Different tools for different needs/jobs. All the best bud!!
erica Dee 6:30 AM - 21 October, 2017
Hi there. I have been using the pioneer 400s and 2000s as midi controllers with Scratch Live and the first Serato box for years. Either the newest 2000s I am unable to use what I have. Do I have to buy Serato DJ? Do I have to buy a new box ? It’s rather annoying because some gigs have the older ones. Some have the new. And I never know if it’s going to work or not. Thank u!
Coxee 7:23 PM - 19 April, 2018
Than I'm not gonna buy CDJ-2000NXS2 until the scrolling waveforms are not working while using Serato. Simple CDJ-2000 gives almost the same functionality.
deejdave 8:25 PM - 19 April, 2018
Quote:
Than I'm not gonna buy CDJ-2000NXS2 until the scrolling waveforms are not working while using Serato. Simple CDJ-2000 gives almost the same functionality.

They scrolling waveforms are already "not" working with SDJ so all good there :)

In all seriousness though purchasing a CDJ-2000 of ANY kind or level with JUST Serato in mind is not all that fruitful to begin with.
Coxee 8:08 AM - 20 April, 2018
CDJ-2000 is what I have since 2011. Of course I'm using it not only for controlling Serato but for CD's and USB stick as well.

I have just thinking to switch for NXS2, but it looks it does not makes any sense.

Looking on different forums I have to say that Pioneer and Serato is just pointing fingers on each-other because of this topic. If Rekordbox and Traktor makes CDJ2000NXS2 to have scrolling waveform on the screen of CDJ and taking in consideration the existence of Numark Dashboard and other controllers with screens and providing this features than is clear that something is wrong only between Pioneer and Serato in case of development.

The policy of Pioneer is clear, you have to have every time some functions which You will miss which makes you the demand to turn to the newest model.
Telony Ex 1:10 PM - 22 April, 2018
Quote:

Numark Dashboard and other controllers with screens and providing this features than is clear that something is wrong only between Pioneer and Serato in case of development.

The denon sc5000 does not have scrolling waves yet. Not sticking for anyone. It just makes sense to have it.
Coxee 12:53 PM - 9 May, 2018
Hey Guys!

Traktor is ready with the Advanced HID support fort NXS2, so the next step is Yours, regarding the improovement for waveform visualisation

www.youtube.com
TGK 5:43 PM - 9 May, 2018
Serato DJ hardware accessories support needs big improvements.
include CDJ player audio interface access to serato dj clubkit.
use the hot cues to trigger sampler.
use touch screen and waveform features.