Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video leg on scratch live.

djsunny510 5:53 AM - 11 October, 2016
I have 2011 and 2015 MacBook. I tried both laptops but still leg on the music videos. I thought i prob have cheap dvi to Hdmi adapter I even bought the new Belking brand adapter but problem is still there. I had regular 7200 hard drive and I thought it could be the problem then I bought $900 dollar SSD hard drive and still the same problem. Do I have to change the setting in certain way?
popnwave 3:14 PM - 11 October, 2016
Is there lag on your preview screens when you play the track out via HDMI?
djsunny510 8:49 PM - 11 October, 2016
No there isn't leg on the computer or prob didn't notice carefully. I really doubt but it's lagging on the project or Tvs or any output.
Culprit 10:46 PM - 11 October, 2016
I have zero lag on my 2010 and 2012 MacBook pros. Make sure video graphics switching is off and scale your secondary output to 720p or lower.

support.apple.com
osxdaily.com

Also make sure your not running a bunch of apps at the same time
djsunny510 1:37 AM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:
I have zero lag on my 2010 and 2012 MacBook pros. Make sure video graphics switching is off and scale your secondary output to 720p or lower.

support.apple.com
osxdaily.com

Also make sure your not running a bunch of apps at the same time

Can you give me more details on video graphic switch. Is it ok computer or the software. Also you mentioned to change the output to 720p or lower. Wouldn't that decrease the quality. I actully display all this on the Tvs and 2 big projector screen. Thank you guys for helping me out.
Culprit 2:53 AM - 12 October, 2016
Hey Sunny,

720p quality is more than sufficient.

Not to be rude, please, check out those links as it explains everything you just asked.
djsunny510 10:41 AM - 12 October, 2016
Hey culprit,

You are right that 720 is sufficient. I'm just curious that all my videos are 1080p. Bought the projectors that supports 1080 and even 4K. So no use for those? It's fine on the Tvs but when I display it on the big projector screens the quality gets lower.
popnwave 3:29 PM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:
Hey culprit,

You are right that 720 is sufficient. I'm just curious that all my videos are 1080p. Bought the projectors that supports 1080 and even 4K. So no use for those? It's fine on the Tvs but when I display it on the big projector screens the quality gets lower.

That resolution is overkill for now - no one standing 6 feet or more is going to notice the difference. Great for movies in your living room, or broadcasting live sporting events but for music videos the usefulness isn't there.
djsunny510 7:54 AM - 13 October, 2016
I figure it out guys I was playing with all the settings. All I had to change the buffer to 1gb from 200mb.
popnwave 2:58 PM - 13 October, 2016
Quote:
I figure it out guys I was playing with all the settings. All I had to change the buffer to 1gb from 200mb.

NICE! Too big of a video buffer will do that! I forget that Mix Emergency has a popup that reminds you of that, but SV never did.
DJ Tecniq 7:12 PM - 13 October, 2016
The video buffer should be the highest it can go. For example instead of 1 gig I go a full 2 and it seems smoother. This is all depends on your specs too.
Culprit 7:26 PM - 13 October, 2016
I use the lowest setting. Il experiment
popnwave 8:23 PM - 13 October, 2016
Quote:
I use the lowest setting. Il experiment

I only have only followed ME's tips which is as follows:

"It's also important to set the Cache size to a level suitable for your GPU. It is recommended that you set this lower than half of the available RAM of your GPU (closer to a quarter is better). For example, if using an Intel HD Graphics 4000 (1024 MB) GPU, it is recommended that you set the Cache size to between 200 to 300 MBs."

www.inklen.com