Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Forthcoming: DJM-900NXS2 Serato DJ Support

11:14 PM, 6 Oct 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Detour 3:43 PM - 7 October, 2016
Finally , i cant waitttttttttt 😍😍😍
Mikkel Thomsen 5:11 PM - 7 October, 2016
Will CDJ 2000 nxs2 work with serato in HID mode too?
Rosey 10:57 PM - 7 October, 2016
What about the cdj 2000 nxs2s please ???
Been holding out for Hid on them and mixer b4 buying, as revues on recordbox video not good ;-)
Rosey 8:33 AM - 8 October, 2016
I have Serato Video Licence does this cover upgrade for Hid or do I need more ?
thedjzee 2:10 AM - 9 October, 2016
Quote:
I have Serato Video Licence does this cover upgrade for Hid or do I need more ?

You will be fine with just the one licence. The only limitation is that you can only activate it on up to 2 computers. support.serato.com
henryb 10:04 PM - 9 October, 2016
when is the ddj sx3 and the ddj sz2 coming out?
djimf 12:04 AM - 10 October, 2016
Would we get Ethernet connectivity for cdjs as well
Caloosh 9:31 AM - 10 October, 2016
Please make CDJ 2000 nexus2 HID support for Serato DJ. I dont know how different is the new version compared to the older nexus series, but it should be natively supported by Serato, or at least to be possible to upgrade by some kind of expansion pack....
Asim 8:48 PM - 10 October, 2016
Oh, guys, I tired from this sh**t, "new feature buy here, now we have this function buy here". Why other software e.g. Traktor, you pay only one time, software if you don't need hardware or you pay for hardware wich include software for two computers, but even you can activate more, they not control. And you guys may to be crazy to pay all this packs every single time. You have in the club best mixer and best decks, why not use? Or you can't mix without waveform, beat grid, SYNC, bpm display???!!! Try to mix two vinyl records!!! Then you are DJ. Now you are not even dj!!! You are system administrator in IT company, wich is looking to laptop every 10 seconds.
You can say "I have 20000 song in my library", do you use at leas 200-300 in your set?? Maybe 50? So USB stick 16-32 gb solve your problem. If your hands. It strait so go fix it!! Let real Dj's do their job!
I have a lot softwares, hardwares, records and songs in my library, but I use USB prepared I rekordbox, I can do everything what serato, traktor do even without delay, wich DVS give you anyway! Good luck guys. Done!
DJ Angst 9:20 PM - 10 October, 2016
Serato's licensing structure is becoming ever more byzantine. I struggle with this on a regular basis while traveling. I want my software to simply work regardless of what kind of hardware happens to be present and how/whether it is "enabled", "compatible", "supported with club kit", etc. Time to switch.
keithers 11:59 PM - 10 October, 2016
Been waiting for this ever since the NXS2 mixer came out. If I already own a serato Dj license, is there a stand alone add on, or would I have to purchase the club kit bundle again?
DJ Funky House 3:28 AM - 11 October, 2016
What is the $
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:07 AM - 11 October, 2016
Serato whilst you are at it...kindly support the Pioneer DDJ RZ.

They are not locked to Rekordbox as other software have started supporting them officially.

Looking to upgrade my SX but no postfader FX in the SZ is a deal breaker.
Amit Punjabi 7:13 AM - 11 October, 2016
Doesn't it support in the existing DJM 900NXS2 mixer asking since you have mentioned there will be serato Dj support by the end of the year
thedjzee 7:35 PM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:
Been waiting for this ever since the NXS2 mixer came out. If I already own a serato Dj license, is there a stand alone add on, or would I have to purchase the club kit bundle again?

You don't have to purchase the bundle again you just need to activate it with your new hardware. Your licence goes with you regardless of your hardware.
DJWAM 8:44 PM - 11 October, 2016
I have waited for this good news! on a certain date?
popnwave 10:02 PM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:
Oh, guys, I tired from this sh**t, "new feature buy here, now we have this function buy here". Why other software e.g. Traktor, you pay only one time, software if you don't need hardware or you pay for hardware wich include software for two computers, but even you can activate more, they not control. And you guys may to be crazy to pay all this packs every single time. You have in the club best mixer and best decks, why not use? Or you can't mix without waveform, beat grid, SYNC, bpm display???!!! Try to mix two vinyl records!!! Then you are DJ. Now you are not even dj!!! You are system administrator in IT company, wich is looking to laptop every 10 seconds.
You can say "I have 20000 song in my library", do you use at leas 200-300 in your set?? Maybe 50? So USB stick 16-32 gb solve your problem. If your hands. It strait so go fix it!! Let real Dj's do their job!
I have a lot softwares, hardwares, records and songs in my library, but I use USB prepared I rekordbox, I can do everything what serato, traktor do even without delay, wich DVS give you anyway! Good luck guys. Done!

SEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAH
keithers 4:02 PM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

You don't have to purchase the bundle again you just need to activate it with your new hardware. Your licence goes with you regardless of your hardware.

Thanks for the response. To clarify though, I don't currently own a club kit license. I only own a Serato DJ license, since my previous mixer was a Rane62, and I didn't even need any sort of license with that mixer
popnwave 5:05 PM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the response. To clarify though, I don't currently own a club kit license. I only own a Serato DJ license, since my previous mixer was a Rane62, and I didn't even need any sort of license with that mixer

Yeah technically you get a license baked in to the Rane, it looks like the NXS2 will not have that, so you'll need a stand alone SDJ license (separate from your Rane's baked in one) to use it with the NXS2 and the DVS kit (aka Club Kit as a pair) to get proper use out of it.
keithers 5:55 PM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah technically you get a license baked in to the Rane, it looks like the NXS2 will not have that, so you'll need a stand alone SDJ license (separate from your Rane's baked in one) to use it with the NXS2 and the DVS kit (aka Club Kit as a pair) to get proper use out of it.

I already have and SDJ license, so does that mean I can just purchase the DVS as a standalone?
popnwave 6:25 PM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:

I already have and SDJ license, so does that mean I can just purchase the DVS as a standalone?

So you have a stand alone copy of SDJ that you paid the $129 (or less during one of the sales)?

If so, yes, all you'd need is to download the version of SDJ that eventually adds support the NXS2 -and- then buy the DVS expansion to use CDJs/TTs.
DJ Thomas Roux 6:51 PM - 14 October, 2016
Any word on serato's final release date on allowing DVS support for the Nexus 2? I hate carrying around my SL4 and extra RCA's
keithers 4:08 AM - 18 October, 2016
Quote:
Any word on serato's final release date on allowing DVS support for the Nexus 2? I hate carrying around my SL4 and extra RCA's

"End of year" was the most accurate date that was given I believe. I'm sure there are thousands anxiously waiting for this to actually come to fruition. I was starting to lose hope.
Dj Iceey 9:25 PM - 18 October, 2016
Don't forget the DJM 450 it would also be a cool new Future Definitely buying it
dj 12 play 7:20 AM - 19 October, 2016
How about the DJM-450 BY PIONEER?
popnwave 4:07 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
How about the DJM-450 BY PIONEER?

Ballers on a budget, how about we let them get the flagship stuff done before you guys pile other things on. I am just happy to see some movement between Pioneer and Serato at all.
mike lopez 9:42 AM - 29 October, 2016
Any one know if, when official support is offered for the NXS2, will it be possible to plug two laptops into the mixer usb ports (Example: Serato DJ = Laptop 1, Rekordbox DJ = Laptop 2) and use the same DVS (turntables or cdi's)?

Just purchased a DDJ-SZ and this controller allows to DJ's with differing software to patch in, but the channels that are controlled on the mixer are reversed from the virtual decks in either software. No way to change it. Pioneer said this feature was for ease in DJ swapping, NOT simultaneous playback.

I'm hoping two djs can use this mixer at the same time playing on the two faders closest to the usb ports they are plugged into. Similar to the way a rane 62 or 64 works.

Any incite would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
jaywoodz 1:45 PM - 31 October, 2016
Pretty excited to see anything NXS2 supported by Serato.
DJñAo 11:32 AM - 25 November, 2016
When is going to bepossible! Is almost end of the year without news!
stephane montout 1:55 PM - 25 November, 2016
Hello and about the XDJ1000 MK2?
popnwave 3:14 PM - 25 November, 2016
Quote:
When is going to bepossible! Is almost end of the year without news!

Try checking out the 1.9.5 beta...
djsimonse 12:18 AM - 6 December, 2016
I've purchased Serato DJ software before and it works great with NXS. I don't need DVS (Club Kit), but will it be necessary for NXS2?
DJWAM 7:31 AM - 16 December, 2016
it works. 1.95.
Kyd Wicked 10:44 PM - 8 January, 2017
Someone told me that you will have to pay $15 a month now to use this mixer... Is this true???? FYI this information came from a Pioneer employee.

Serato in my opinion is the best DJ program out there & the fact that it's free to download is great. Also I think paying $150 - "1 time" fee to use it (like virtual dj has its Pro version) is also fair. B/c you have a great product & you deserve to make money from it. However; Charging $15 a month to use a product that you already paid $2500.00 -$3000.00 USD is insane! This is straight up corporate greed!

(It's the same bullshit video games are pulling now. You purchase the console for $400, but you can't use it until you purchase the yearly service for $60/yr. Then you buy the game but can't play it until you purchase the "additional" downloads.)

My 1st mixer was a Pioneer DJM-500. I used that mixer for 8yrs. if I got this mixer & used it for another 8yrs it cost me $1,440.00 in fees plus the $2500 (I'm guessing) for the mixer... Total: $3,940.00
popnwave 3:47 PM - 10 January, 2017
You can go monthly or just buy it out right, Rekordbox and Serato do the exact same thing.
DJ Wong 1:28 AM - 10 April, 2017
I got the DVS but it is reading hardware error, do you have to have the club kit for it to work? This is for serato DJ to work on the DJM900 Nexus 2. please help me understand, thanks! all firmware has been updated on DJM 900 nxs2 and cdj2000nxs2