Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

whats wrong Mac Fanbois, Serato not working so hot?

Burny 6:37 PM - 4 October, 2016
KARMA'S A BITCH
Code:E 7:07 PM - 4 October, 2016
serato works great on a mac. What are you talking about. Oh I know isolated incidents with users upgrading there OS too early. Same problem un-experienced PC users run into every time a new windows drops.
Mr. Goodkat 7:29 PM - 4 October, 2016
anyone that says karmas a bitch is prob a bitch
DjSyndic8 7:40 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
anyone that says karmas a bitch is prob a bitch

hell yeah, thats why I still run Mountain lion I will not upgrade because of these issues, Apple puts out a new OSX what every year and Serato cant keep up. hence why I wont upgrade

and "Burney" get more gigs so you can go out and buy a Mac so that you will know what stress less is all about
pdidy 10:38 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
KARMA'S A BITCH

Granted this is a troll post (we get it) but to answer this issue informatively.......The informed, experienced professionals who use Mac's with serato tend to know the secrets to stability and reliability unlike the original poster. The experience users DON'T rush to upgrade and have therefore avoided all issues since the the release of El Capitan. I'm personally still flawless on Mountain lion and have the option of updating to Mavericks and Yosemite if needed while still avoiding the alleged "Karma". The OP was clearly unaware of this :)

So if you were able to comprehend what I just said you will understand how "Karma" has been 100% avoidable by the true professionals.

Sorry too i.imgur.com Burny :)
popnwave 11:21 PM - 4 October, 2016
We've reached the pinnacle of threads...
alec.tron 11:29 PM - 4 October, 2016
Indeed.
It's equally silly as the mac superiority attitude displayed regularly on these boards here.
c.
pdidy 11:58 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
Indeed.
It's equally silly as the mac superiority attitude displayed regularly on these boards here.
c.

I thinks its more specific than "Macs are superior" on this forum, Its "macs are superior with Serato".

Now the big question is, is it really a "superiority attitude" if it is indeed factual ?
alec.tron 1:34 AM - 5 October, 2016
No... the big question is instead - if this is the accepted status-quo - how can this be of a product/software that claims to be (equally) supported on both systems....?!

I understand the Windows/PCs multitude of hardware configurations does make things manifold times more complex... but, other Audio Software devs do have similarly stable versions of their product on both systems...
So why not Serato (apparently) ?

I would actually not subscribe to this claim generally that Serato 'always runs better on Mac' BS, but the instability of SDJ (especially on the last 2 versions - just a hunch though as I do not have empirical data...) on windows is worrying.

c.
d:raf 5:41 AM - 5 October, 2016
Marv Incredible 6:40 AM - 5 October, 2016
Yo, Syndic8, I still run Mountain Lion too. So just be aware that Serato quietly dropped support for it with this latest 1.9.3 release. It still runs under ML, it's just not supported anymore.
Code:E 6:47 AM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
No... the big question is instead - if this is the accepted status-quo - how can this be of a product/software that claims to be (equally) supported on both systems....?!

The Mac users don't care. It works with the systems we have chosen to use. It works amazingly well. I don't care how well it runs on windows. Windows doesnt do other things I want it todo.

Quote:
but, other Audio Software devs do have similarly stable versions of their product on both systems...

Serato is stable on the PC. Many times more users I bet are on PC's and we don't hear from them all that often. Cause it works. It just doesn't well with all PC's.
Quote:
but the instability of SDJ (especially on the last 2 versions - just a hunch though as I do not have empirical data...) on windows is worrying.

Hey it's not like Serato or anyone here owes you anything. We all make a choice on the tools we use. And We choose to use Serato like it is, for better or worse. We also choose the computer we want to run it on. No one it is forcing anyone to run the latest and greatest or a PC vs Mac. If one version worked for you perfectly then no one said you had to stop using it.
DjSyndic8 7:24 AM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
Yo, Syndic8, I still run Mountain Lion too. So just be aware that Serato quietly dropped support for it with this latest 1.9.3 release. It still runs under ML, it's just not supported anymore.

thanks for the heads up "Marv Incredible" if I run into some issues with the new serato update then I will be forced to update but for now 1.9.3 runs flawlessly on my mac sorry my Bad I'm running Lion osx 10.7.5

Quote:
Quote:
but, other Audio Software devs do have similarly stable versions of their product on both systems...

Serato is stable on the PC. Many times more users I bet are on PC's and we don't hear from them all that often. Cause it works. It just doesn't well with all PC's.

I agree windows does run serato ok if you have up to 10,000 songs in your database but as soon as you start running 80,000 songs and upwards then you start having memory issues which is what windows users are running into cause serato for windows is still a 32 bit software. I have put a petition in for serato to create a 64bit version cause I think it will help windows users, but seratos reply is its not a priority at this stage, petitions been going for 5 years

Quote:
Quote:
but the instability of SDJ (especially on the last 2 versions - just a hunch though as I do not have empirical data...) on windows is worrying.

Hey it's not like Serato or anyone here owes you anything. We all make a choice on the tools we use. And We choose to use Serato like it is, for better or worse. We also choose the computer we want to run it on. No one it is forcing anyone to run the latest and greatest or a PC vs Mac. If one version worked for you perfectly then no one said you had to stop using it.

Totally agree - I have stressed out on so many levels when I was using windows, until I decided to hackintosh my windows laptop and ran mountain lion on it, my problems went away, and this is when I decided to save up and I bought myself a mac book pro back in 2012 and it has turned my dj game around I don't stress anymore when Im at my gigs its wonderful,

Quote:
Quote:
KARMA'S A BITCH

Granted this is a troll post (we get it) but to answer this issue informatively.......The informed, experienced professionals who use Mac's with serato tend to know the secrets to stability and reliability unlike the original poster. The experience users DON'T rush to upgrade and have therefore avoided all issues since the the release of El Capitan. I'm personally still flawless on Mountain lion and have the option of updating to Mavericks and Yosemite if needed while still avoiding the alleged "Karma". The OP was clearly unaware of this :)

So if you were able to comprehend what I just said you will understand how "Karma" has been 100% avoidable by the true professionals.

Sorry too i.imgur.com Burny :)

I totally agree brother :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:23 PM - 5 October, 2016
Wait, what? lol.
Rezonate 2:11 PM - 5 October, 2016
When do you think we can expect an update for Mac OS Sierra, I haven't been able to DJ or use Serato because it can't find my device which is a Numark ns7 2.
popnwave 3:44 PM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
When do you think we can expect an update for Mac OS Sierra, I haven't been able to DJ or use Serato because it can't find my device which is a Numark ns7 2.

Why did you update your DJing machine?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 2:33 AM - 6 October, 2016
Quote:

Please keep an eye on our social media channels for an announcement surrounding this soon. We have been carrying out extensive testing of various hardware devices under OS X Sierra and will be able to update you all on the status of this soon.

In the meantime if you are having any difficulties after having upgraded to OS X Sierra, please do get in touch at support.serato.com so we can troubleshoot the issue for you.