DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Record Pools - Multiple Genres

BluesilverAudio 3:37 PM - 3 October, 2016
I am just starting out as a Small Party (Baptism, Birthday, Anniversary, Communion, Block Party) Mobile DJ, I am still not officially launched to the public yet, Some ADJ or Chauvet Lights, Insurance, more Music need. I currently have enough music to get me through a 6 Hour Party, as I DJed my Nieces Baptism Party (Private House Party) for Free. I need to get into a Record Pool, perhaps one that covers many music genres. Any suggestions? I also need kids Music, Chicken Dance, Electric Slide, etc. HELP?
Rebelguy 8:59 PM - 3 October, 2016
iTunes would be your best bet for the wedding standard tracks.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:12 AM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
. I need to get into a Record Pool, perhaps one that covers many music genres. Any suggestions? HELP?

www.idjpool.com usually offers up everything in the Billboard Hot 100 -www.billboard.com - and Americas Music Charts -americasmusiccharts.com - (PLUS most of the sub genres like Latin, Country, Jazz, Adult Contemporary too).

For the Billboard stuff - there is a PDF that lists the new adds every week so you can go to the website download area and just search for the 4 or 10 songs added every week, like this week - these songs hit the Hot 100 and were added or already serviced to the pool but are various genres as you can see.

Artists Of Then, Now & Forever (Various Artistis) - Forever Country - (COUNTRY)
Calvin Harris - My Way - (DANCE)
The Weeknd f. Daft Punk - Starboy - (URBAN)
Twenty One Pilots - Cancer - (ROCK/POP)
YFN Lucci f. Migos & Trouble - Key To The Streets
Zay Hilfiger f. Zayion McCall - Juju On Dat Beat (TZ Anthem) - (URBAN)

The work is kinda done for you already - you just have to search and download what charted every week.

The pool also services Christian and Gospel Music for your Baptism and Communion gigs PLUS Rock and Pop and probably more Dance, Rap, and R&B than you will EVER need.

Quote:
I also need kids Music, Chicken Dance, Electric Slide, etc. HELP?

The idea of a record pool is to promote new music but as a bonus, idjpool has a section or two of classics that go back to the 50's and even special event music to cater to mobile and wedding djs - shit like this...

Ray Anthony & His Orchestra f. Jo Ann Greer & The Skyliners - The Hokey Pokey
Qrackers Band - Dance Little Bird (Bird Dance) (Chicken Dance)
Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday
The Emeralds - Bird Dance (Chicken Dance)
Wedding March - Processional - Traditional
Wedding March - Recessional - Traditional

iTunes was mentioned above but if you do the math - idjpool isn't cheap at $50 per month but if you think you will spend more than $50 for multiple months buying what you need at $1.29 per track - the pool will put you ahead of the game.

It won't have everything that you need of course the pool is well worth it especially if you are building your music library.
BluesilverAudio 12:13 PM - 4 October, 2016
Rebel Guy, I have downloaded and Ripped from CD to itunes, I have a ton of music that way, but The current stuff, Itunes does not have too many re-mixes or a large selection of the deep cut EDM, etc.

DJ Art Pumpin Payne, Thank You, but $50 right now is cutting into my personal budget, however I was looking into DJ Pool, it was rated high from reviews, and at $12 a month, I could not resist. As I start getting gigs, I will build my music library, and I will be able to add this expense to my pricing, as some clients will require me to add songs to their party music list, that is how I can justify it.
BluesilverAudio 12:19 PM - 4 October, 2016
correction...Digital DJ POOL