Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9.3 (1938657) - Audio delay/Sync error HELP!

jason1231 1:32 PM - 3 October, 2016
I'm having problems ever since moving to Serato DJ and to be honest it's getting very annoying now that the problems are still not rectified.

I read intro the problems I was having and noticed other users were having these issues too... a software update was released but still no fix for me.

I am experiencing audio dips and then an audio delay. I have read that it is the Pitch N Time causing these issues and followed all the steps to updating but am seeing no improvements. Still getting delays with the audio...

Also having problems with simply sync. I use my SL3 with Pioneer decks in REL mode and basically when you press sync both decks sometimes go silly speed (like 3x the original) until you click off. This is very frustrating as you can imagine when you are playing to a club of 1000+.

My mac specs are:

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013)
3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Rane SL3 - Firmware v2.50

I hope you can sort this for me as I have spent alot of money on the Serato DJ software and all the expansions.

Please help!
GusGomez 2:12 PM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
I'm having problems ever since moving to Serato DJ and to be honest it's getting very annoying now that the problems are still not rectified.

I read intro the problems I was having and noticed other users were having these issues too... a software update was released but still no fix for me.

I am experiencing audio dips and then an audio delay. I have read that it is the Pitch N Time causing these issues and followed all the steps to updating but am seeing no improvements. Still getting delays with the audio...

Also having problems with simply sync. I use my SL3 with Pioneer decks in REL mode and basically when you press sync both decks sometimes go silly speed (like 3x the original) until you click off. This is very frustrating as you can imagine when you are playing to a club of 1000+.

My mac specs are:

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)
3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I hope you can sort this for me as I have spent alot of money on the Serato DJ software and all the expansions.

Please help!

Stop using Sync!...LOL

JK ..seriously though di this ever happen with the previous versions of Serato?
jason1231 2:29 PM - 3 October, 2016
It's the simple sync that I use just instead of wasting time dragging the temp fader, as a lot of people know there is a slight delay when using a rane box and timecodes, just makes things that bit easier. Can't say I've had that problem on any earlier versions no.

It also sometimes halves or doubles the bpm too (say you have one at 70 and one at 142) instead of just shifting it slightly. Not always, but I've noticed it does do this too which can be very annoying.
GusGomez 2:35 PM - 3 October, 2016
The BPM Issue I have all the time (with Spanish music for some reason) if your bpm reads 70 its really 140bpm basically double. as far as the other issues if I were you for thee time being I would go back to 1.9.2 because I haven't heard of this issue before. or try to un install then re install serato and check the drivers/firmware for the SL3
poppakool 2:37 PM - 3 October, 2016
I'M having the same problem when i use the pitch in time i get audio dropouts and high cpu usage. this is using my ddi sx2. also having freezing and audio problems when i use my
ddi sb2. when using serato 1.9.3 on the sb2. when you use the effects buttons and knob it eventually causes the mac to freeze. when the sound comes back on its distorted
poppakool 2:39 PM - 3 October, 2016
specs are
Model Name: MacBook Pro 2010
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
jason1231 2:42 PM - 3 October, 2016
I'm hoping Serato can finally come up with a stable version. I still have Scratch Live installed that I use as a backup when this goes tits up every few gigs... just not ideal. Scratch Live was rock solid and ever since it just seems to be so buggy, I'm not sure if they've changed software developers or the team behind it or what but it's not a great look when Pioneer seem to be taking Serato users left right and centre with Rekordbox DJ. Obviously every piece of software is going to have minor bugs and glitches, that's normal, but Serato just seems to have gone downhill recently.
GusGomez 2:45 PM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
specs are

*Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo this is probably your issue Serato has needed more and more specs everytime they release a new version. My advice is to go back to 1.9.2 and stay there until you're able to upgrade your MBP.
poppakool 3:04 PM - 3 October, 2016
serato dj at times is a hot mess. when i use pitch in time on my ddi sx2 i have problems sometimes.audio dropouts. when i don't have it on no problems. with the sb2 when using effects problems. no effects no problems. i guess its time to get a new mac. shit there goes 1,400 $$$$$$$$$$$
popnwave 9:20 PM - 3 October, 2016
Guys guys guys, unless you have some new controller that you NEED the new version for, roll back. 1.6, 1.8.2, 1.9.1 whatever works, don't push software that has higher requirements on your rig unless it's a must.
poppakool 10:58 PM - 3 October, 2016
DJ Tecniq 9:12 AM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
specs are
Any 1.8 version of SDJ or above requires an iprocessor (i3,15 or i7) Any 1.7 version still supports Intel Core2Duo (old technology)
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:42 AM - 6 October, 2016
Hey guys,

If you are having audio issues please ensure you have optimised your computer for best performance with Serato DJ. You'll find that guide here: support.serato.com

Also worth checking out is the troubleshooting USB dropouts guide that you can find here: support.serato.com

Please ensure that you have the latest available firmware and driver software for your device installed, these can be found on the manufacturers website for your device.

If you continue to have issues then the best thing you can do is get in touch with us at support: support.serato.com
jason1231 12:41 AM - 25 October, 2016
Hi

Have you managed to sort this yet?

I have been more than patient in waiting for you to come back to me letting me know it has been fixed.

In the meantime I have been trying different things.

I have disabled all my expansions and it still is happening, so it's not my pitch and time that is causing the audio delays.

I have even tried updating to sierra and the new version of DJ but still not working, keep getting the audio delays when using my Rane SL3. All latest drivers and firmware!

I have tried altering my buffer size and that makes no difference either. Please help! I have spent lots of money on your software.

Jason
Serato, Support
Mike.C 12:45 AM - 25 October, 2016
Hi Jason,

Sorry to her it hasn't been resolved. I would say that's definitely a case to get in touch with us at Support so we can have someone look into it further for you.

support.serato.com
jason1231 1:12 AM - 25 October, 2016
I have already contact you guys via email but replies are very slow and this has still not been resolved which is why I am so frustrated.

Working 6 nights a week and constantly worrying when it's going to fuck up is not how I want to be feeling...

See ticket - Serato DJ 1.9.3 (1938657) - Audio delay/Sync error HELP!

Thanks
DJ Tecniq 2:53 AM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
I have even tried updating to sierra and the new version of DJ but still not working, keep getting the audio delays when using my Rane SL3. All latest drivers and firmware
Def don't think you should of updated to Sierra on a Core 2 Duo machine. You are running an old processor stick with any version before SDJ 1.8 cause your laptop is under specs of the newer versions of SDJ.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 2:55 AM - 25 October, 2016
Hey Jason, Thanks for that info, I have prompted Chez, whom you are dealing with on that ticket to get back in touch with you. Let's hope we can resolve it for you soon!
jason1231 6:13 AM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I have even tried updating to sierra and the new version of DJ but still not working, keep getting the audio delays when using my Rane SL3. All latest drivers and firmware
Def don't think you should of updated to Sierra on a Core 2 Duo machine. You are running an old processor stick with any version before SDJ 1.8 cause your laptop is under specs of the newer versions of SDJ.

Im not on a core 2?

My specs are more than capable of running it...

3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Please help!
DJ Tecniq 4:09 PM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im not on a core 2?

My specs are more than capable of running it...

3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Please help!
My bad that was the other user that commented who is using a core 2 duo.
jason1231 1:39 AM - 1 November, 2016
The problem keeps happening. It's just happened again now. I'm getting sick of it. Can you please help!!!

My friend had the exact same issue the other night on a different MacBook too, with a Rane SL3 using timecodes, so it's not just me and not just my laptop...
Elliott Astle 10:22 PM - 2 November, 2016
I'm also having this problem.. had it with the SL3 at the weekend. Mac is more than capable of running the programmes used and i have everything up to date bar my MACBOOK OS. Audio delays are prominent but the timecode reacts just fine, its just the initial routing through the box into serato. Only happens ever so often also so its not a Rane problem.

Specs are:
3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Serato at 1.9.3
jason1231 10:25 PM - 2 November, 2016
Quote:
I'm also having this problem.. had it with the SL3 at the weekend. Mac is more than capable of running the programmes used and i have everything up to date bar my MACBOOK OS. Audio delays are prominent but the timecode reacts just fine, its just the initial routing through the box into serato. Only happens ever so often also so its not a Rane problem.

Specs are:
3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Serato at 1.9.3

Glad to see it is not just me having this exact problem then...
jason1231 10:26 PM - 2 November, 2016
I'm in touch with a Serato Support member directly. I have sent off my Serato logs and system report for them to look at. Hopefully they can find out what is causing it...
casious 3:20 PM - 3 November, 2016
I'm sorry but I don't understand, those of you having these issues, are you still using 1.9.3?
If so, why not just use an older version of SDJ? Forget about 1.9.3, it's a complete failure. I removed 1.9.3 same day and went back to using the 1.9.3 Beta, that's actually stable for me. But I also still have 1.9.1, 1.8.2, and 1.7.0 in case that beta acts up. Those have been the most stable versions for me. I don't understand why frustrate yourself and jeopardize your work/gigs using a messed up software when you have more stable versions available.
DJ Tecniq 7:03 AM - 5 November, 2016
Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't understand, those of you having these issues, are you still using 1.9.3?
If so, why not just use an older version of SDJ? Forget about 1.9.3, it's a complete failure. I removed 1.9.3 same day and went back to using the 1.9.3 Beta, that's actually stable for me. But I also still have 1.9.1, 1.8.2, and 1.7.0 in case that beta acts up. Those have been the most stable versions for me. I don't understand why frustrate yourself and jeopardize your work/gigs using a messed up software when you have more stable versions available.
I will agree I had a shit ton of Serato Video crashes with 1.9.3 and I really have no idea why so I have been using 1.9.2 I get occasional dropouts like a second or two and had 1 freeze while playing out and I have no idea what caused it cause I have no corrupt files. SDJ just really needs to improve I love my Pioneer S9 but hate SDJ software...lol and I'm using Yosemite btw so has nothing to do with the OS X it's just buggy software. I am really curious to see how 1.9.4 goes.
Namaste 11:40 AM - 8 November, 2016
I am 100% having this exact problem with this version. Most of the time every thing starts fine and some nights I never even encounter this problem. But then there are sometimes when suddenly, for some unknown reason, the sound cuts out for a moment (every real DJ knows that feeling of heart palpitation) and then it comes back with a delay. What I hear through the headphones is slightly delayed from what I am seeing with my eyes and doing with my hand on the vinyl. It happened to me one night right from the start beginning of a big night and I DJ'd the whole night adjusting to to the delay because it was a HUGE $$$ gig. Tonight it happened twice during the same set. Like WTF?!?

Quote:

Casious: You can be sorry all you want but you have no idea what I am dealing with. My last MB pro crapped out the motherboard so I was switching to Windows PC before getting a new Mac. I have also swapped out two different external hardrives in the past month as well one due to failure and one because I felt it was on the road to failure. I am always running Serato video sometimes with different Serato hardware depending on the gig. I often have Google Chrome open to download requests if needed and that has caused issues, too, so when you combine everything it can be hard to pinpoint where the problem is actually coming from ESPECIALLY on the fly with a packed dance floor. Replace 1.9.3 on the same day? *scoff* Best I can do is use my backup ipod and reboot my system hoping that solves the problem quickly. Because when there are 20 TVs and a giant 9-screen matrix wall showing 'NO SIGNAL' and I'm playing a full version songs on an iPod playlist instead quickly moving through multiple 2-min tight mixes, I def AM risking my gigs and looking like an amateur.

It is annoying because it seems like almost EVERY version of Serato DJ has some flippin' issue. I am now on a quest to find the most stable version (and I'll grab 1.9.1 first) and then I will never change OSX, SDJ version and I will buy a new compatible mixer that will never get old. Forever. Seriously these versions should not make it through beta. And if more than one of us are reporting the issue, that should be made known so I know what the hell is causing the problem. Only because I googled it, did I confirm my suspicion that it is a problem with the version.

MY SERATO DJ 1.9.3 ANNOYING DELAY ISSUE:
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Dual Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048MB
Serato Video Enabled using HDMI port
Right USB: Rane SL3 - Firmware Updated firmware 2.5
Left USB: Western Digital 2TB My Passport External
jason1231 12:23 PM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:
I am 100% having this exact problem with this version. Most of the time every thing starts fine and some nights I never even encounter this problem. But then there are sometimes when suddenly, for some unknown reason, the sound cuts out for a moment (every real DJ knows that feeling of heart palpitation) and then it comes back with a delay. What I hear through the headphones is slightly delayed from what I am seeing with my eyes and doing with my hand on the vinyl. It happened to me one night right from the start beginning of a big night and I DJ'd the whole night adjusting to to the delay because it was a HUGE $$$ gig. Tonight it happened twice during the same set. Like WTF?!?

Quote:

Casious: You can be sorry all you want but you have no idea what I am dealing with. My last MB pro crapped out the motherboard so I was switching to Windows PC before getting a new Mac. I have also swapped out two different external hardrives in the past month as well one due to failure and one because I felt it was on the road to failure. I am always running Serato video sometimes with different Serato hardware depending on the gig. I often have Google Chrome open to download requests if needed and that has caused issues, too, so when you combine everything it can be hard to pinpoint where the problem is actually coming from ESPECIALLY on the fly with a packed dance floor. Replace 1.9.3 on the same day? *scoff* Best I can do is use my backup ipod and reboot my system hoping that solves the problem quickly. Because when there are 20 TVs and a giant 9-screen matrix wall showing 'NO SIGNAL' and I'm playing a full version songs on an iPod playlist instead quickly moving through multiple 2-min tight mixes, I def AM risking my gigs and looking like an amateur.

It is annoying because it seems like almost EVERY version of Serato DJ has some flippin' issue. I am now on a quest to find the most stable version (and I'll grab 1.9.1 first) and then I will never change OSX, SDJ version and I will buy a new compatible mixer that will never get old. Forever. Seriously these versions should not make it through beta. And if more than one of us are reporting the issue, that should be made known so I know what the hell is causing the problem. Only because I googled it, did I confirm my suspicion that it is a problem with the version.

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

By the sounds of it I think it's only Rane SL3 users... perhaps Rane need to update their drivers or firmware?

I use SDJ with a 900-nexus through club kit and that is absolutely fine, never had the delay issue. Only ever had the sync issue which I mentioned above, but Serato are apparently aware of this
Namaste 1:36 PM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:

By the sounds of it I think it's only Rane SL3 users... perhaps Rane need to update their drivers or firmware?

I use SDJ with a 900-nexus through club kit and that is absolutely fine, never had the delay issue. Only ever had the sync issue which I mentioned above, but Serato are apparently aware of this

Indeed NOW I can see that it appears to be SL-3 issue. I couldn't remember if it happened on the times I use a venue's Pioneer DDJ-SR they have on hand. As far as my SL-3, my firmware and drivers are the latest available. I will try rolling back to 1.9.1 and see if it keeps happening.
DJ Tecniq 7:46 PM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:

Quote:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Just curious are you using pitch n time? I have had huge audio delay basically the same thing you describe the control vinyl is seconds behind your hand movement on the record and audio isn't precise I think it had to do with pitch n time cause when I would disable it things improved.
Namaste 7:57 PM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:
Just curious are you using pitch n time? I have had huge audio delay basically the same thing you describe the control vinyl is seconds behind your hand movement on the record and audio isn't precise I think it had to do with pitch n time cause when I would disable it things improved.

No I do not use Pitch N TIme.
jason1231 11:01 PM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

No I do not use Pitch N TIme.

I do have it but have tried disabling it and the problem still occurs. It's a very strange one!
evillevi 7:36 PM - 9 November, 2016
I am having the same issue, using SL2 on iMac running El Capitan with Serato DJ version 1.9.3 and the latest firmware. Audio is delayed when I'm using timecode vinyl. Have not used older version of Serato DJ on that iMac before. I'll check if the same problem occurs when using my laptop with the same setup.
Jesse G 1:09 AM - 5 December, 2016
I was having the same problem. My theory it's something to do with ableton link. I rolled back to 1.8.2 and the problem went away.
DJ Tecniq 6:22 AM - 5 December, 2016
Have you all tried the latest release of SDJ. I haven't had this is a really long time just FYI.
DJ Tecniq 6:22 AM - 5 December, 2016
In*
jason1231 1:25 PM - 5 December, 2016
It was ever since I moved to the new version with the nested smart crates, which I use. In the new version Serato have recommended me to use the sync issue I was having is fixed, but the audio delay is still happening.

I guess I could downgrade but then I would lose my nested smart crates which I use a lot of and would end up going back to an older version with the sync issue. You can't win.

This has been going on what feels like forever and they still haven't worked out what it is...
DJ Tecniq 3:26 PM - 5 December, 2016
What Is interesting I noticed you all are using El Capitan which has been very problematic with SDJ. However I'm still using Yosemite lol and haven't had this problem for forever now.
Jesse G 2:51 AM - 9 December, 2016
I'm on sierra. 1.9.3 and 1.9.4 were both giving me issues rolled back to 1.8.2 problems went away.
DJ Barz 5:31 AM - 2 December, 2017
Has this issue been resolved at all, I hadn't it pop up tonight and then tonight in the middle of a gig my shit goes haywire and people are like wow this guy is trash all the sudden. There's gotta be something that can be done about this.
Caner505 9:51 PM - 18 December, 2017
Hey,

I'm getting the same issues. SL2 with SDJ 1.9.1 on OSX 10.11.6 .i7 .16gb Ram

Was working perfect until I updated to El Cap. Might roll back to Mavericks if it can't be solved by rolling back SDJ.

If anyone has fixed these issues, lemme know :)
Caner505 11:37 PM - 18 December, 2017
Rolled back to Serato Dj 1.8.2 as suggested but STILL NOT WORKING.

I've decided to roll my OS back to Mavericks, which should work, I will also then at least be able to sue Scratch Live for backup (not supported on El Capitain). I can't tell whether to upgrade to Sierra (which was also mentioned)

This is truly disappointing, this is the first time I've been properly let down by Serato, it has always been rock solid for me.
Caner505 11:37 PM - 18 December, 2017
Quote:
I am having the same issue, using SL2 on iMac running El Capitan with Serato DJ version 1.9.3 and the latest firmware. Audio is delayed when I'm using timecode vinyl. Have not used older version of Serato DJ on that iMac before. I'll check if the same problem occurs when using my laptop with the same setup.

Did you ever resolve this?
DJ Barz 3:45 AM - 30 December, 2017
Following. Rolled back to 1.8.2 and it happened again. Can't roll back my os because I have plugins for production that won't work on older OS. Please resolve this
jason1231 4:29 AM - 30 December, 2017
It is caused by Wifi guys. Make sure Wifi is disabled and you'll be fine. Serato are blaming it on Apple... I've been complaining for months and months now and they keep pushing the blame back to Apple.

Can't see this or a couple of other issues I'm having being sorted anytime soon....
JKyle 2:53 AM - 6 January, 2018
I can play for 10-15 minutes and then the control vinyl falls out of sync with the audio.

The only thing that resets it is quitting and rebooting the program...painfull

SL3 - Firm 2.5
Serato DJ 1.9.10
Pitch n Time

Turntables w/ Control vinyl

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB
JKyle 6:44 AM - 6 January, 2018
Quote:
It is caused by Wifi guys. Make sure Wifi is disabled and you'll be fine. Serato are blaming it on Apple... I've been complaining for months and months now and they keep pushing the blame back to Apple.

Can't see this or a couple of other issues I'm having being sorted anytime soon....

Yes that's it!
DJ Tecniq 6:54 AM - 6 January, 2018
Are you all on High Sierra i don’t have SL3 but I’m still on Yosemite with no issues.
JKyle 6:01 AM - 10 February, 2018
Yeah High Serria
DJQST 8:41 PM - 10 June, 2018
Last night I used for the first time Macbook Pro retina i7 2.8 GHrtz and Serato Dj Pro, 2.0.2 and when I turned on WIFI I had audio cut for 1 second, then the sound did not match what I saw in serato, a lot of mess, I had to restart Serato.
Use Rane SL3 + Timecome Vinyl.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
Is the Retina problem that you can not simply turn on WIFI while you are playing with serato?

#help
jason1231 10:13 PM - 10 June, 2018
Yep and unfortunately years on they've still not sorted it...

I'm losing my faith in Serato.
xtoph 10:18 PM - 20 July, 2018
Exact same problem suddenly appeared when I played with Serato DJ Pro and SL3. No problems with the AKAI controller, but when i had to have the controller repaired and switched to SL3 with Serato DJ Pro I had the same thing ppl here describe: Mini-Drop-Out and afterwards what you see on the screen is delayed. Also when you scratch, what you hear arrives about 0.6 or 0.7 seconds after you do it.

Had to restart the laptop in the club twice in the last two weeks. After restart things worked fine, but I also disabled Wifi intuitively when restarting - so maybe it was the Wifi?

Best, XTOPH
xtoph 10:25 PM - 20 July, 2018
(High Sierra, MacBook Air mid 2013, Serato DJ Pro 2.0.0)
xtoph 9:07 AM - 21 July, 2018
Update: Just saw the statement in "Troubleshooting", it's a known issue. I'll update High Sierra to 10.3.6, hoping it'll be resolved