Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Best Windows Laptop?

Skivey 2:10 PM - 30 September, 2016
Ideally I want apple Mac, but with various other projects I do using Windows it seems sensible that I should get a Windows laptop.

I'm currently using a 2007 MacBook pro, and now video stutters. I cant even upgrade to the latest version of Serato DJ as it just cant handle it anymore.

So, whats out there? Ive had a look on websites, but none are reviewed 'for DJs' so its hard to decipher between them.

Also, whats other DJs take on Windows v Apple? Is there any DJs that use Windows?

Thanks

Matt
Hanginon 3:30 PM - 30 September, 2016
I'm going to sit back and watch this can of worms you just opened, but I'll say one thing - I'd be cautious spending big dollars on a Windows PC, I get the terrible feeling Serato is moving more and more towards Mac (only).
popnwave 4:14 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
Ideally I want apple Mac, but with various other projects I do using Windows it seems sensible that I should get a Windows laptop.

I'm currently using a 2007 MacBook pro, and now video stutters. I cant even upgrade to the latest version of Serato DJ as it just cant handle it anymore.

So, whats out there? Ive had a look on websites, but none are reviewed 'for DJs' so its hard to decipher between them.

Also, whats other DJs take on Windows v Apple? Is there any DJs that use Windows?

Thanks

Matt

Or pick up a used MacBook Pro.. 2012 + work great.
DjSyndic8 7:44 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:

Thanks

Matt

if you want the best of both worlds Mac will allow you to have this trust me on this Purchase yourself a Mac book Pro and then partition your drive now you can dual boot with Mac OSX and Windows 7 or 10 at the same time, then you can use Mac for stability with your DJ needs and then windows for your work related stuff, sorted, Mac makes it so easy for you to dual boot as well ask google.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:16 PM - 30 September, 2016
^second that
Skivey 8:25 PM - 30 September, 2016
I didn't even know you could have a windows partition?!? :o
mixgoonie 8:28 PM - 30 September, 2016
You have two options for that, or Bootcamp, or WIndowsTogo (Windows on a USB drive) to have Windows on a Mac.

Always been using Windows machine with Serato and except the last one, never had issues.

With PC, you can have two laptops for the same price, also, it is easy to setup multiple profiles
DjSyndic8 2:25 AM - 1 October, 2016
I currently have windows 7 that I can run within Mac OSX as a virtual machine its awsome :)
Laz219 3:42 AM - 1 October, 2016
I've always thought-
If you want to run video- Definitely get a supported MBP. Just seems like a constant thing that even really high end win laptops don't play nice with live video- regardless of spec.
For audio only...most win computers within the required spec should be fine.