Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

issues with Sync and link on Serato DJ 1.9.3

the smooth operator 8:39 PM - 27 September, 2016
Most of my files are analyzed from 98 -195 bpms. Sometimes when i sync a track now the opposite track that is playing will either double in bpm or cut its bpm in half. This never happened with 1.9.2. Sometimes 1.9.2 would double the bpm of the track I synced but since it was in cue it never interrupted the groove. Is anyone else experiencing this?
DJ Tecniq 4:10 AM - 28 September, 2016
If it is not displaying the correct bpm reanalyze with a diff bpm value in the analyze settings. You can also "lock" the file to stay at the bpm you need it toπŸ‘πŸ»
the smooth operator 4:33 AM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
If it is not displaying the correct bpm reanalyze with a diff bpm value in the analyze settings. You can also "lock" the file to stay at the bpm you need it toπŸ‘πŸ»

You might have misunderstood me. The Track bpm is lister correct but lets say i'm putting two tracks together. One is 98 bpms the other I am mixing in is 190 bpms. When i hit sync on the 190 bpm track the relative bpm of the 98 track goes to 196 doubling the tempo, killing the groove. Sometimes it cuts it in half. I am not sure when and why it does this. It has only been doing it since 1.9.3
djtbone 6:51 PM - 29 September, 2016
Yes I am having the same issue. It jumps from the correct bpm of 88 to 77 when i hit sync. it is a bug. it worked with ableton and link. Later with just SDJ 1.9.3 this bug.
DJ Tecniq 7:46 AM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
You might have misunderstood me. The Track bpm is lister correct but lets say i'm putting two tracks together. One is 98 bpms the other I am mixing in is 190 bpms. When i hit sync on the 190 bpm track the relative bpm of the 98 track goes to 196 doubling the tempo, killing the groove. Sometimes it cuts it in half. I am not sure when and why it does this. It has only been doing it since 1.9.3
My bad I don't even use sync so I normally don't have this problem. Sorry
Gaff 7:46 AM - 30 October, 2016
I have the exact same problem. Happened to me twice during last evening's gig. You hit sync and the opposite track, playing in the club, doubles in speed...

What can i do? This can't happen again... Downgrade to 1.9.2?
Someone knows when & why this happens?

@serato: is this a known bug you wil fix in future uodates?

Thx
Serato, Support
Dave. 2:52 AM - 31 October, 2016
Hey all, sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with the way sync is working since the release of SDJ 1.9.3. I can confirm that this is a bug, we're investigating it and working towards fixing this in a future release. As per usual, we can't really specify specifically when this will arrive but hold tight and stick to using 1.9.2 for the timebeing ;)
the smooth operator 10:27 PM - 28 November, 2016
Quote:
Hey all, sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with the way sync is working since the release of SDJ 1.9.3. I can confirm that this is a bug, we're investigating it and working towards fixing this in a future release. As per usual, we can't really specify specifically when this will arrive but hold tight and stick to using 1.9.2 for the timebeing ;)

Hey thanks for the update. It seems to happen less in 1.9.4, any more updates? I've been waiting for link for ever. I was honestly the only person i knew aside from these forums that was trying to use the bridge back in the day. I can dj with out sync but i really use it as a tool for custom transitions ect. Thanks for the great software!
djrickyraw 7:12 PM - 17 January, 2017
I am having this issue with the latest release. I've tried rescanning the opposite track playing doubles changes bpm.

See video

youtu.be
Terrence Stokes 7:39 PM - 17 January, 2017
Try checking the pitch slider in internal mode or your contort pitch if you have one.
djrickyraw 10:09 PM - 17 January, 2017
Thanks for the reply but not itn