DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What really is wrong with gemini?

Kofi246 3:35 PM - 26 September, 2016
I've been DJing for a couple of years now, and I've always heard, stay away from gemini. Which I did, but why? I have a couple of JBL speakers from the JRX200 series. But they're just so much more expensive than any gemini speaker of the same size. Not to mention my crown amp, which is literally ten times as much as a gemini amp providing similar watts.

Are gemini speakers that bad? Does the audio quality suck?
deezlee 3:51 PM - 26 September, 2016
Gemini mixers were the best budget mixers in the 90s.
Mine was $60 and had a dope sampler but in. I'd like a that exact sampler/looper in my empath.
Taipanic 4:19 PM - 26 September, 2016
Most Gemini gear is built to entry level quality and pricepoints. Entry level gear uses inferior components that will generally not sound as good and not last as long. Factor in repair costs, down time while equipment is being repaired and general lower sound quality, it is almost always better to spend more on better quality, proven reliable gear. Buy once, cry once is the mantra of professionals in our line of work.
PS: The JRX Series from JBL was not one of their better lines of gear either. PRX, STX, SRX are all far superior.
Kofi246 10:24 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
Most Gemini gear is built to entry level quality and pricepoints. Entry level gear uses inferior components that will generally not sound as good and not last as long. Factor in repair costs, down time while equipment is being repaired and general lower sound quality, it is almost always better to spend more on better quality, proven reliable gear. Buy once, cry once is the mantra of professionals in our line of work.
PS: The JRX Series from JBL was not one of their better lines of gear either. PRX, STX, SRX are all far superior.

So there's nothing wrong with them as long as u aren't 100% dependable on the?
Also my JRX speakers been working great for a while and they sound great so I'm comfortable with them.
DJ Irv 5:06 PM - 27 September, 2016
For the record. I would never recommend a powered Gemini speaker. Powered speakers is somewhere where you want to go with proven dependable equipment.
Gio Alex 7:19 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
For the record. I would never recommend a powered Gemini speaker. Powered speakers is somewhere where you want to go with proven dependable equipment.

This.