Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.93 / DDJ-SZ Filter problems

Anton Styles 5:52 AM - 26 September, 2016
i'm noticing with the new software that if i have the onboard filter effect engaged (but not active--i.e. the knobs are at the 12:00 position) i'll get an overall "lfo-style" auto-filter effect that goes in and out unless i disable the filter altogether?

this is problematic as I use this feature constantly when mixing for everything to sound cleaner. has anyone else had a similar thing happen? it's done this 2 nights in a row now... at first i thought maybe my filter knob was dirty, pulled it off and inspected it but everything seems fine (and i take great care of my equipment)

thanks all!
Aspire 8:11 PM - 10 October, 2016
I'm having the same problem, the filter buttons turned on and like you say every knob is at 12 o'clock but deck 2 on my ddj-sz has a mind of its own. I thought it was a hardware problem from overuse at first because when i fiddle with the knob the filter goes off but 30 seconds later it's still filtering!
I've had my sz for 18 months now and with pioneer being the industry standard i doubt its a hardware fault. With this happening to others as well I'm getting the feeling this is a serato problem... help us out support!
Jean-Noel 9:06 PM - 10 October, 2016
Hi guys,
i am facing also same problem with my SZ too
Anton Styles 12:18 AM - 21 November, 2016
seeing as how there's been no solid insight on the problem from Serato or the manufacturer--my workaround has just been to set each deck to a 3FX unit and i have my 1st effect on either deck set to a HPF that's always engaged and ready--this way my mixes won't suffer in the meantime and i don't have to worry about my low-end randomly dropping out if i leave the global filter active... only took me about 2 nights to get used to the change...
DJRamzy 2:21 AM - 22 November, 2016
I haven't had that happen, but I will definitely keep an eye out this week and report back. Thanks for the heads up
suspensley 5:04 AM - 1 April, 2017
I have experienced this for sure on the DDJSZ. Maybe its old firmware on current serato. The rig in question is not mine (its the clubs) so I'm not sure when it was last updated. Anyone still having this problem in 2017??? Tips? Thanks.
DJ.MrA 5:49 PM - 20 November, 2017
I have the same problem. The filter starts "filtering" the moment I press the filter button even if the knobs are at 12 O' Clock position. I will see if the firmware is updated.
DjSyndic8 9:16 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
I have the same problem. The filter starts "filtering" the moment I press the filter button even if the knobs are at 12 O' Clock position. I will see if the firmware is updated.

have you guys updated to at least Serato DJ 1.98?
DJ.MrA 9:41 PM - 25 November, 2017
Updated it to 1.9.10 and updated the firmware too. The problem is still there.
DJ.MrA 2:01 AM - 26 November, 2017
Found the issue. The master filter knob was not at the 12 o clock position.
Josy1990 11:19 AM - 18 December, 2017
I have the same problem on the SZ2, but only on channel 1
I also plugged in a CDJ if it does the same and yes, so it can‘t be a Serato problem I guess