Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Help!!! I lost all my music in my crates and I have a gig tonight!!!

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Suzi Jacuzzi 2:15 PM - 30 May, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.8.2
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.5
---

OMG!!! I'm freaking out. I think I did something the other day to erase all my hard work organizing all my music into crates and putting in info about all the songs. I tried the other day to back my stuff up on a new hard drive I bought. I followed online instructions telling my to drag my music folder into the hard drive and erase the old folder. I didn't even bother to check my serato library until just now. everything was in red. I tried to relocate lost files and was able to bring up my itunes stuff again but all my serato playlists are still all in red and it says "file not found" also, the playlists have changed. where there used to be detailed crate playlists with comments and other info now some of the songs are just a blank # with no song title, artist, bpm, comment, or anything else. I have no idea what I did. I never backed anything up to a hard drive before and so I think I clearly did something terrible cuz now all my music is gone. help me please!!!! I have a gig tonight and must be able to use the songs from my crates. because it would be impossible to find all my music just in my itunes library.
chims 9:48 AM - 31 May, 2009
sounds horrible. hope everyone that reads this will back their library up from now on.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:49 PM - 1 June, 2009
If the relocate lost files button did not work, then unfortunately have erased your MP3s. ScratchLIVE only makes backups of crates not actual MP3s. When you search for a song that is marked as missing - do you get one missing file and one working file within ScratchLIVE?
1:11 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.