Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9.2 Freezing when Using Fx

Jah Love 2:17 PM - 13 September, 2016
Morning my serato family am I the only one experiencing this problem. I was at a gig and I use the fx and the software freeze up on me for about 10-15 seconds. I though it was my mixer but I try it again on a friend mixer and dj set and it happen again. So I just want to know if anybody else had this problem.
Turntech 3:51 PM - 13 September, 2016
Hi Jah, had the same experience with SDJ 1.9.2. under OSX El Cap in combination RaneSL2 plus Pioneer DDJ-SP1. Opened a support request and reveived the suggestion to upgrade my Mac :0( due to hardware-ressource-issues ( i run a Core 2 duo @ 2,53 Macbook Pro). So i looked at the SDJ-Minimum Requ.'s and found that SDJ 1.7.8. is the last version to support Core 2 duo-machines. SDJ does not support OSX El Cap - so i decided to downgrade to OSX Yosemite. Did a clean OSX-install. Installed SDJ 1.7.8. --- and guess what ? ---> Anything Goes like Butter ... so that i'hd never wished to install El Cap again ;0)). The disadvantage is that i am not able to take use of upgrade-features of following SDJ-versions like Key-detection. Therefore i am wondering, if it is/will be possible to install on ONE system two SDJ versions. One (latest) for File-Analysis plus one ( SDJ 1.7.8 ) for gigs. Have YOU seen such a threat in Forum-discussions ? Cheers
Hanginon 4:15 PM - 13 September, 2016
"IF" you're not running P'nT or Video plugins, I think you might be able to run 1.8.2 OK. In fact, I ran 1.9.1 (again, without P'nT or Video) on a Core 2 duo without problems, but it's rolling dice.

Not sure what it is, but there is now something different in 1.9.2 that absolutely requires a minimum Core i3.

You should be able to install both 1.7.8 and 1.8.2 -
support.serato.com

Not sure if installing 1.7.8 with 1.9.2 (just for file analysis) will work trouble free - 1.9.2 might install something in the background that still causes problems - perhaps a Guru will jump in.
Turntech 5:11 PM - 13 September, 2016
Thanks a lot. I checked your Serato-link. I feel i better do a Time Machine Backup to preserve my fully functioning System before adding a second SDJ.

For your information: Did NOT experience any performance issue on the Core 2 Duo - machine by using P'n T in my current configuration as described.
I do not use the Video-plugin but trigger FX through the Pioneer-Midi-Controller.
DJHexum 2:49 AM - 14 September, 2016
I had to travel for a gig so I brought the lite AMX/AFX combo with a turntable. Serato DJ went out 3x and it was due to triggering the effects on the AFX. Not sure if it is some overload or what. It causes a "freeze" for about 10-15 seconds, then the virtual decks start back up again - BUT all sound is lost so have to unplug the USB quick and plug in again. I am at home now and can re-create this over and over again.

I also own a Rane 62 and Pioneer DJM-S9 - this is the only time I have experienced this.
Dj Bigg H 9:57 PM - 16 October, 2016
I've had the same problem for months on my NS7 II. I upgraded to Serato 1.9.2 before a gig and had massive failures throughout. Didn't figure out that it was Serato DJ until the next day after reinstalling 1.8.2. I've had other problems like the high pitched ringing distortion that other users mention here as well and suspect that El Capitan may be to blame. Contemplating an attempt to roll back to Yosemite. Never had a problem before 1.9.2 on El Capitan. I'm dumbfounded that Serato has abandoned Core 2 duo Macbooks already. I imagine that's a huge percentage of their customers still. I'm not interested in dropping $2k every 3yrs just to have functioning DJ software. So are we to assume that anyone with a Core 2 duo Macbook is just stuck at 1.7.8 or 1.8.2 unless they buy a new Macbook?
DJHexum 1:43 AM - 18 October, 2016
In response to DJ Bigg H, I am on Yosemite and had these problems. Eventually I will have to upgrade to whatever the latest MAC OS will be, but when that happens I assume SSL will go completely away and still use that weekly over SDJ. Has anybody used SSL on El Capitan and/or Sierra?