Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Best mixer?

DJ NoNseNse 9:11 PM - 27 August, 2016
In the market for a new mixer in a couple of months. Need something reliable. How would you rank these?

Pioneer djms9
Rane 57 mk2
Pioneer djm900nxs 2
DJ Tecniq 1:58 AM - 28 August, 2016
Depends if you need a 2 or 4 channel. Have not tried the 57 MK II but I have the S9 and it's one of the best mixers I've ever had plus it has built in pioneer fx where as serato's fx don't work correctly especially the echo out😕 just how izotope is I guess. Good luck whatever you choose.
DJ Baby Boy 11:50 AM - 28 August, 2016
With those choices I'd say go with the S9 but that is my personal preference mainly due to the fact that I don't like the Pioneer 4 channel mixers like the 800,850,900 and so on and I also think that the 57mk2 was just a sad failed attempt to keep the 57 line alive since it lacks a lot of the features that the original 57 had and falls short with only 4 cue's at a time per deck be it 1-4 & 5-8 and the fact that it doesn't have on board effects is a huge reason not to get it as well ... Consider looking into the Rane 62 I've been using it exclusively with SDJ since Rane hardware was supported and haven't had any issues and it has been a great mixer to me ... With that being said though I am looking into getting an S9 soon since I don't think we'll be seeing a Rane 62MK2 anytime soon since the company was recently sold
Ragman 3:45 AM - 29 August, 2016
IMO...

1. Pioneer DJM-S9
2. Pioneer DJM-900NXS2
3. Rane 57MKII
DJ NoNseNse 1:17 PM - 29 August, 2016
I heard the DJM-S9 has too many issues. Is that only with a certain batch?
DJ Tecniq 4:35 PM - 29 August, 2016
Quote:
No defects happen. My first one was faulty got a brand new one and no problems 👍🏻
DJ Subtext 11:31 AM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:

I haven't had any issues my S9 works perfect, I downgraded to mavericks and had a connection issue but just removed an old audio driver and back up and running!
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:14 AM - 1 September, 2016
S9 on El Capitan and Yosemite works great

Yeah you should consider the 62 too.

I've got both.

62 is now in my hall of fame and retired to the bedroom.