Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Problems with SL3 / Serato DJ

matt james 6:52 PM - 25 August, 2016
I have been getting problems using Serato DJ with my SL3. I am running Serato DJ with 2 Technics 1210's and a Pioneer DJM 600 connected through my SL3.
Everything was going ok until I set Serato DJ to 'through' - another guy played vinyl for an hour with no problem. When I then set back to Abs and played from Serato DJ I started getting drop outs. These drop outs were massive and very obvious to the crowd. I restarted Serato DJ and nothing improved. I eventually rebooted my Macbook Pro - this cleared it but after a few hours the drop outs returned albeit a lot less.
I played out the next night using a pioneer DDJ and had no problems at all. This points to issues with the SL3??
Has anyone else every seen this?
seano49 7:26 PM - 25 August, 2016
I'm getting the same issue at a club I've recently taken over residency at with their SL3. my macbook pro is just over a year old and I've had sound crackling and making an obvious distortion whenever I'm plugged in and nothing seems to be resolving the problem at the moment. a few of my friends have older MacBooks and don't have the problem using the same SL3 box. i was starting to lead towards it maybe my laptop, but now seeing this i think it maybe a general problem with the SL3. i had used it previously and i never had the problem, but now it has consisted over about 3 weeks and the club has also bought a brand new mixer thinking at first it may be that. I've tried on a DDJ-SR and not one problem and in the next day or so I'm going to be testing my laptop on an SL2 to see if the problem persists on that. have no fix as of yet, but il keep you updated if i get any results
matt james 7:30 PM - 25 August, 2016
Thank you. Just for an update I am using El Capitan on my macbook. This is the first time that i have used the SL3 with serato DJ - up until recently I was using scratch live. I was getting some minor drop outs on scratch live - Serato advised to start using DJ as scratch live is no longer supported.
seano49 7:35 PM - 25 August, 2016
yeah I'm using el capitan as well on a MacBookPro12,1. I'm glad I'm not the only one having the problem though because i was preparing myself for a trip to the apple store to see if my usb ports were damaged or broken or something else. I'd advise maybe sticking with scratch live at the moment until serato make an update or release some news on what this fault is. I'm guessing its randomly making your tracks crackle and distort?
matt james 7:38 PM - 25 August, 2016
I was just getting a full audio dropout - like a pause in the tune.
seano49 7:46 PM - 25 August, 2016
yeah mine was dropping out also. was it doing it randomly as well? so like you may have like 15 minutes fine then it happens and then next it could be like 2 minutes after? I'm doing some tests with a friend tonight at a place near me so il try to see if there is anything and report back tomorrow at some point.
matt james 7:49 PM - 25 August, 2016
yeah - all completely random
seano49 7:55 PM - 25 August, 2016
yep definitely sounds like the same problem.el capitan and serato possibly... again. well i will see what happens when I'm playing tonight and i will let you know what i can find as soon as. hope I've been some help
matt james 9:11 AM - 26 August, 2016
Hi. How do i check this? If I connect my SL3 everything appears to be ok. I am unsure of how to check if I have the correct driver.
When i first used the SL3 with serato DJ it did prompt me to update so I am assuming that this is correct?
I am running el capitan 10.11.6
DJ Tecniq 6:12 PM - 26 August, 2016
Sounds like you all have not installed the El Capitan drivers for the sl3 device. You have to download them from Rane's website to be fully compatible with El Capitan which Kane could of easily linked you. -> under downloads tab dj.rane.com
seano49 5:55 AM - 27 August, 2016
dj.rane.com

Got to the bottom of this link and download the SL3 core audio driver. It's the sl3 now works again for me. Hope this helps
seano49 5:58 AM - 27 August, 2016
dj.rane.com

This is the link if it'll let me
seano49 6:02 AM - 27 August, 2016
Go to that website. Click on support. After that is should say something about El Capitan updates. Go onto that and it should mention the SL3. Click on the highlighted SL3 link and then on that it should say 'downloads'. Once on that it has the core audio driver download. Install it after downloaded and it should tell you to restart your computer. Load up serato and then plug your sl3 in and fingers crossed you should have a working non glitchy serato again.
seano49 6:03 AM - 27 August, 2016
Quote:
Sounds like you all have not installed the El Capitan drivers for the sl3 device. You have to download them from Rane's website to be fully compatible with El Capitan which Kane could of easily linked you. -> under downloads tab dj.rane.com

Thanks man cheers for the help
matt james 3:26 PM - 27 August, 2016
I'm away now - I will check when I get home. Thanks for this.
matt james 6:38 PM - 30 August, 2016
downloaded it - thanks for all of your help.
seano49 5:45 AM - 3 September, 2016
i had a full serato crash last night when performing at a local club... appears to still be faults between software and hardware at the moment
matt james 9:30 AM - 4 September, 2016
That is really not good. I've downloaded the driver but haven't tried my set up with the sl3 since. I've got a ddj that I use more often.