DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato & Pioneer we need a standalone controller that does it all.

ProDJTonyB 3:25 PM - 24 August, 2016
After checking out the videos and reviews of Pioneer's new DDJ-RZX, I really think now is the time that we get a top end XDJ/DDJ-S-whatever standalone version where we could do away with the laptop but still have the option to use one. This version should be able to clean up DJ Booths around the world. I just started using Serato Video and boy I wish I started using it years ago. I'm a club and wedding DJ and I would like to do away with my laptop and just carry my USB and control everything. Weight doesn't matter unless it's like 50 pounds. Just make it already. Make sure it has everything the RZX has plus the option to use USB media for standalone use and a HDMI out for video. Adding on board Serato Video controls would be nice too. Keep the price under $3,000.

I hope it isn't true with that Serato and Pioneer may be splitting ways. This would be tough on a lot us DJs when new products come out.