Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Should I buy Serato DJ if I have a Rane 68?

DJ Rob! 5:51 AM - 23 August, 2016
Should I buy Serato DJ if I have a Rane 68? Is there some benefit? I see there is a $64.50 deal that's ending soon. I need to better understand what this purchase would give me that I don;t already have.

Thanks,

Robert
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:46 AM - 23 August, 2016
Only if you plan on using any Serato DJ INTRO equipment or a supported ClubKit mixer (for dvs to work you would still need to buy the DVS Expansion pack)

But if you only ever going to use the 68 then nope will make no difference what so ever.
Mr. Goodkat 7:15 PM - 23 August, 2016
ssl for life. but i thought it came certified with SDJ?
DJ Rob! 8:23 PM - 23 August, 2016
I can use SDJ on my Rane 68... I'm just wondering if there was a benefit to buy SDJ. I'm trying to understand in what situation I might benefit from that.

Thanks!
DJ Fluke 613 8:30 PM - 23 August, 2016
Your confusing yourself. People who buy sdj is BC they have a non certified hardware for it (intro controllers for exemple). If your hardware unlocks sdj ,then you don't need to buy (licence) as you can use the 68 fine.
DJ Rob! 10:13 PM - 23 August, 2016
I understand that I have the full capabilities of SDJ with the 68 but there are many controllers out there and possibly unique situations where having the full license is a benefit.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:17 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Only if you plan on using any Serato DJ INTRO equipment or a supported ClubKit mixer (for dvs to work you would still need to buy the DVS Expansion pack)

But if you only ever going to use the 68 then nope will make no difference what so ever.