Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ 1.9.3 Now In Public Beta

12:00 AM, 15 Aug 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Philmixit 1:44 AM - 16 August, 2016
Serato DJ 1.9.3 Now In Public Beta, but the link is not working.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:45 AM - 16 August, 2016
Hey there, which link in particular? Are you logged in?

sam.
Philmixit 1:47 AM - 16 August, 2016
I got it thanks man, you guys are doing a wonderful job.
DJ Oscar CZ 1:48 AM - 16 August, 2016
I hope and firmly believe that version 1.9.3 will be much better than the present. Since it is highly variable latency Pioneer DDJ Ergo and already 5 times I failed to produce. He helped restart the program. I had to revert to version 1.9.1. Please focus on it to address this in the next version did not. Thank you very much
Worst of all that happens to me when at version 1.9.2 with the previous version in order. For larger events using Numark NV and at smaller party using Pioneer DDJ Ergo. Thank you for your support and help.
Pavel Straka
DJ Oscar
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:58 AM - 16 August, 2016
Hey Oscar,

As I mentioned in your Facebook comment, you should hit up our support team for help. We can look into what's going wrong with your setup and get you up and running smoothly.

Please either open a help request here: support.serato.com, email support@serato.com or send us a Facebook private message and someone will be in touch to help you.

Cheers,

Sam.
Jamie Sho 2:26 AM - 16 August, 2016
Is this supported on SL2,3&4 with El Capitan?
I had issues using HID mode with 1.9.2 and SL4
Philmixit 2:28 AM - 16 August, 2016
Samuel S this is DOPE, HOT, love it yes now that is what I am talking about!!!! you guys are the best ,
DjKho 2:30 AM - 16 August, 2016
lo estoy probando con mi sx2 hasta ahora ningun problema. el sp8 esta buenisimo. gracias por mejorar el programa siempre. son los mejores. amo serato.
henryb 2:55 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
yup... no links exist.. (yes i'm logged in...)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:59 AM - 16 August, 2016
Hey team,

You're able to join the beta area now but builds will be uploaded shortly and aren't available just yet. Keep an eye out for these soon :)

sam.
Dj Shirp 3:14 AM - 16 August, 2016
New feature : new bugs.
Can you please release a SDJ version without adding any new "things" and really focusing on bugs an stability ?
Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

PLEASE
DJ WordMan 3:22 AM - 16 August, 2016
SP-6 with two extra slots!!!!!! Yes Thank You!!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:33 AM - 16 August, 2016
Hey Shirp, what issues are you running into in particular? Have you been in touch with support at all / have an open help ticket I can chase up?

The last update was specifically focussed on this, and this update + every other update we do has a focus on stability and performance.

Let us know what you're having issues with and we'll help you out.

Cheers,

Sam.
DJ Oscar CZ 3:36 AM - 16 August, 2016
Please go download the beta version 1.9.3? Thank you
Dj Chindo Mix 8:06 PM - 16 August, 2016
Some one can help me?
I have one computer with windows 7 and an other with windows 10, but non of them are compatible with serato. Can it be possible? Is there any thing I can do?
Thank you
James01 9:40 PM - 16 August, 2016
Anyone else have a glitch adding and removing fx to favourite FX? All my fx are in my menu after sorting my favourite ones 😠 back to 1.9.1
James01 9:42 PM - 16 August, 2016
Also could serato make the FX menu smaller? It takes up alot of room from the library.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:06 PM - 16 August, 2016
Hi all,

If you're looking for tech support, please visit this page: support.serato.com and open a new ticket - we can help you out :)

If you have specific feedback about the beta, please post in the beta area so our developers look into this.

Cheers!

sam.
Doctorpioneercolombia 12:33 AM - 17 August, 2016
bien vamos a ver que pasa
Dj Murat 12:38 AM - 17 August, 2016
Finally, a reasonable Sample Player
NAMTAB 3:46 AM - 17 August, 2016
how do i download the beta??
djqzafiro 3:19 PM - 17 August, 2016
thank you for the update
Frans Silva 5:25 PM - 17 August, 2016
Hello there...
I was instaled the Beta version, and was the same problem as a 1.9.2 version. the sound System Crash. Please work on this problem and in this updad. Its necessary. One suggest: If it possible try to "divide" the SP6 function for the decks. Like use one particular samples in the decks 1, and in the decks 2 others.
I think it´s more funny and criative all users. Its like to have 16 pads to use. :)

Regards
938MyDJ 6:19 PM - 17 August, 2016
Does below means, OSA are now mappable?

"Mapped across all supported hardware."
938MyDJ 6:20 PM - 17 August, 2016
Or just the SP8... Mapped across all supported hardware?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:23 AM - 18 August, 2016
The Sample Player is mapped across all supported hardware.
djqzafiro 2:17 AM - 18 August, 2016
Hi; when they going to release the stable versions of serato I.9.3?
DJ Turbulence Bahamas 4:39 AM - 18 August, 2016
Quote:
how do i download the beta??

serato.com

serato.com
DJ Turbulence Bahamas 4:44 AM - 18 August, 2016
I think you guys are missing the fat that this is a BETA. IE Serato is asking you to run it hard and report what breaks it for you and give a detailed report on what caused the error to occur.
You ultimately are responsible for making the next version the best it can be.

Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP),[3] or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta, where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.

Beta testers are people who actively report issues of beta software. They are usually customers or representatives of prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. Beta testers tend to volunteer their services free of charge but often receive versions of the product they test, discounts on the release version, or other incentives.
djjunky 7:16 AM - 18 August, 2016
Serato dj is my favorite dj program
dj 4show 5:24 PM - 18 August, 2016
was ist mit der serato dj video ha recording
dj 4show 5:24 PM - 18 August, 2016
was ist mit der Serato DJ Video hd Aufnahme
Deon Jones 8:49 PM - 18 August, 2016
So when I downloaded the 1.9.3 version, I lost my playlists I had from iTunes to the serato software, is there a way to get the playlists back or do I have to make them all over
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:28 AM - 19 August, 2016
Hey Deon,

I'd get in touch with support about this - support.serato.com

Sam.
Deon Jones 1:29 AM - 19 August, 2016
Thanks sam for the reply
DJ genious 12:19 AM - 21 August, 2016
It would be nice to have the banks display right below the right virtual deck, A.B.C.D. so you can tell which bank you're in, just by looking
U.D. 12:13 PM - 24 August, 2016
Hi Serato Team,
I'm writing regarding the Serato UI design;

the single biggest blockage I have using Serato is the lacking intuitiveness of screening and accessing my music. Coming from records I always made a strong connection to cover artwork to navigate my music.

None of the current DJ softwares offers an advanced visually satisfying solution. Serato could benefit hugely from coming up with a new advanced visual approach.

I feel there is too much focus on trying to innovate software features while the core functions and design of Serato leaves a lot to be desired. Some suggestions:

- implement conservative design overhaul, the software
UI looks very dated and chunky.
- improve look sexiness and use of screen real estate
- pioneer’s rekordbox is a good example for a modern     design
- give option to show track cover art like rekordbox does it (top quater of the sleeve square only, scaled in line with text)
- introduce scale slider for track artwork display to scale between showing quater or full frame of artwork.
(there is one for text size already).
- introduce iTunes cover-view style library browsing.
- vertically aligned depth stacking like OSX’s time machine would be great.
- there could be 1-4 depth stacked channels next to each other

Can’t wait for the v2.0 - hope to see some of the above in there ;)

Many thanks
hui9968 2:12 AM - 26 August, 2016
Sound quality's bit better in 1.9.3 beta But waveform's still not clear as in 1.6.0.... wonder why serato team cannot do anythg reagrding this matter; i mean for windows.... Any1 can help?? thank you in advance...
Asu 6:11 PM - 26 August, 2016
If it ain't broke,don't fix it...1.9.1 is solid for me...haven't even used 1.9.2 Live...stability is key when playing live out there...stick with what works for you...FYI,you don't need all the latest features
mixgoonie 6:36 PM - 31 August, 2016
This beta sound so much better, i am starting to enjoy mixing which was not the case on previous versions.

I have tested it on my homestudio speakers and a bunch of range of headphones (even lot of poor price headphones) and there is a difference, really appreciated that specially poor headphones car hear.

With the autogain on, the basses sound so much more sexy.

I can now stop mixing with my vestax mixers and appreciate mixing with serato.

Thanks guys, can't wait the final version ;)
Phada 9:11 AM - 5 September, 2016
hoe can I download it
mixgoonie 3:05 PM - 5 September, 2016
Here : serato.com
Hanginon 4:06 AM - 7 September, 2016
This is directed at the Serato Team -

I assume there was at least an in house Alpha test of 1.9.2. I know there was a "Private" Beta test of 1.9.2, followed by a "Public" Beta test of 1.9.2. Then there was an "Official" Release of 1.9.2, quickly followed by an "unofficial update" to the "Official" release. Now, an incredibly short time later, the process is repeating itself with 1.9.3, and yet the problems continue.

Have you considered that perhaps this whole process needs to be rethought?
danielle king 1:17 PM - 14 September, 2016
all the whistles and bells dont matter if you cant reliably play mix and record your audio and video.So as long as those are working then i will have the confidence to take it to the next level.
I_Q_Fynist. 6:54 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
yup... no links exist.. (yes i'm logged in...)
hui9968 4:58 AM - 17 September, 2016
This latest V1.9.3.8373 is very much improved with better sound & display to which i believe will be further improved in the coming version... Good job Serato team & kip up the good work.... Vy mch more stable with no dropout in sound.... Tnx for this ver & hopefully 1.9.3 wil b released soon....
I_Q_Fynist. 1:40 PM - 18 September, 2016
Still they can't provide me a link to download the Beta Version some invite?
deejdave 5:42 PM - 18 September, 2016
Quote:
Still they can't provide me a link to download the Beta Version some invite?

I found it by clicking "Latest" tab at top then found it hidden two spots down.
djvijaybrd 5:58 AM - 23 September, 2016
Good