Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

midi xml

Deejay Silence 11:59 AM - 11 August, 2016
what does midi xml error mean?

it just showed when i started to connect the S9 mixer to my laptop with serato running.
AKIEM 5:06 PM - 11 August, 2016
Your midi xml file is reading incorrectly. You can try deleting the xml file, you will loose any midi map associated with it.
i am Dj fLiP 8:18 PM - 11 August, 2016
just move our the xml files out of your midi folder and see how it runs..
if you use a different midi controller besides S9, then you can move that file back, or just remap it
spofftastic 6:56 PM - 11 September, 2016
this just happened to me and my Rane 61 last night when loading. I am also experiencing slow latency when scratching. Could they be related? I checked the midi xml file and there is nothing there. Played a gig last week no issues, last night had issues with no updating or changes.
breakthru 9:14 PM - 8 December, 2016
I'm experiencing same error. Tracks load but not playing. After unplugging USB connection( from DJM-s9 to labtop) a couple of times it eventually works. Had a gig last night. Took 15 mins to get it to work. Someone please help
chris covarrubias 9:01 PM - 29 March, 2017
I am also having the same issues. Scroll works fine when searching for tracks. But pads not functioning properly. Also having major drop outs even after adjusting buffer settings.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 9:22 PM - 29 March, 2017
Hey guys,

Looks like a bunch of you are experiencing different issues. Please send us a help request from the link below and we'll look each of your issues separately.

support.serato.com

Cheers.
Andrew Kaylor 3:37 PM - 3 June, 2017
*BUMP*

I am having the same issue.
Also, there are no files in the ..\_Serato_\MIDI\Xml folder
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:55 AM - 6 June, 2017
Hey Andrew,

Have you created a support ticket? Have you tried resetting your MIDI configuration?

Cheers.
Andrew Kaylor 4:08 PM - 7 June, 2017
Yes, I have a ticket open #309385 with Rui on the Support Team.

Since opening the ticket & creating this post, I connected the mixer to 2 different Windows based PCs and was able to replicate the issue on both.

Oddly, I brought the equipment out to a party this past weekend despite the error message with the DJM-S9 mixer... and it magically decided to work on the laptop. I knocked out the gig, and when I hooked up the mixer to my main desktop PC, the issue was no longer present.

I'm not sure if removing power from the mixer cleared an issue on the mixer, or perhaps I previously had the mixer hooked up to the 2nd ("B") USB port, but I am no longer having the issue. This frustrates me as I am not sure if/when it will happen again.

It should be noted that I was using the most current drivers, Serato 1.9.6 and the mixer had the latest firmware (v1.07) when I encountered the issue as well as when it automagically started working again. No DxDiag report was created at the time of the issue being present.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 11:26 PM - 7 June, 2017
Quote:
Yes, I have a ticket open #309385 with Rui on the Support Team.

Since opening the ticket & creating this post, I connected the mixer to 2 different Windows based PCs and was able to replicate the issue on both.

Oddly, I brought the equipment out to a party this past weekend despite the error message with the DJM-S9 mixer... and it magically decided to work on the laptop. I knocked out the gig, and when I hooked up the mixer to my main desktop PC, the issue was no longer present.

I'm not sure if removing power from the mixer cleared an issue on the mixer, or perhaps I previously had the mixer hooked up to the 2nd ("B") USB port, but I am no longer having the issue. This frustrates me as I am not sure if/when it will happen again.

It should be noted that I was using the most current drivers, Serato 1.9.6 and the mixer had the latest firmware (v1.07) when I encountered the issue as well as when it automagically started working again. No DxDiag report was created at the time of the issue being present.

Cool, I can see you replied today. Rui will assist you, hopefully, we can get to the bottom of it :)
Doctor Tk 4:34 AM - 27 October, 2019
I am having MIDI XML issues on my new Hp pavilion. please help