Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Fixed: Potential CPU issues when using Pitch 'n Time DJ with Serato DJ 1.9.2

Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:38 AM - 9 August, 2016
Hey everyone,

Just a heads up if you've been experiencing any issues when using Pitch 'n Time DJ with the Serato DJ 1.9.2 update - we've resolved a specific issue that can cause audio distortion and / or slow playback with associated unexpected CPU usage.

If you have experienced this, please download and install the latest updated 1.9.2 version here: serato.com

If you have any other issues or would like help with anything else, please contact support at support.serato.com

:)

Cheers,

Sam.
DJ Barticus 4:59 AM - 9 August, 2016
is this different than OSX version 1926851, clicking "check for update" inside the app says I have the most current version.
938MyDJ 5:10 AM - 9 August, 2016
Latest version should be 1927280.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:08 PM - 9 August, 2016
Yes this is a new build. Please download from here and install: serato.com

sam.
DJ Ravien 12:47 AM - 10 August, 2016
Thank you for such a quick fix. Hopefully this resolves my issues since I haven't had any trouble since disabling PnT.
DJ Barticus 1:23 AM - 12 August, 2016
Major Problems with 1927280 at a gig with Vestax VCI-380
bluetooth/wifi both turned off
colors inverted in OSX accessibility setting (hot outdoor gig)
didn't use pitch in time, tried it once and things immediately froze had to reboot.

had 1.8 on my computer and went back to that with no CPU issues.

kernal task taking up all of my CPU...i had no issues with 1926851

i'm going back to 1.9.1 till this is fixed, i have 3 gigs in the next 2 days and don't have time to be a beta tester for what should be a stable version.
DJ Tecniq 12:04 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
Major Problems with tel:1927280 at a gig with Vestax VCI-380
bluetooth/wifi both turned off
colors inverted in OSX accessibility setting (hot outdoor gig)
didn't use pitch in time, tried it once and things immediately froze had to reboot.

had 1.8 on my computer and went back to that with no CPU issues.

kernal task taking up all of my CPU...i had no issues with tel:1926851

i'm going back to 1.9.1 till this is fixed, i have 3 gigs in the next 2 days and don't have time to be a beta tester for what should be a stable version.
If your laptop was overheating due to heat exposure that can cause all sorts or CPU issues or dropouts. Hopefully this isn't the case. Sounds like your laptop is struggling. What exactly are the specs of the laptop?
Hanginon 3:43 PM - 12 August, 2016
I'm a PC user, two laptops each running Windows 10 with (under spec) Core2 Duo processors. Non the less, they have run everything up to and including Serato DJ 1.9.1 without problems. They also run the newest versions of Traktor Pro, Mixvibes Cross DJ, and all kinds of non DJ programs fine. I am not a Gamer (so I haven't run everything), but Serato DJ 1.9.2 has the distinction of being the first ever program that doesn't even load properly on one of the laptops - missing graphics at the top of the page. Now we are seeing other wacked out issues, even from the Mac side with i3 processors.

It seems like there has been a big change from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2. I don't know if this is to support future changes in the program, or if the baby was thrown under the buss trying to finally fix the erratic waveforms former SSL users keep complaining about, or something else. What I do know is, if you look at the program in Task Manager after it loads, 1.9.2 loads almost twice as much into memory than 1.7.8 (with the same library) - a huge increase for basically adding Pulselocker, improved Crates, and bringing back the Tempo Display.

A BMW will beat a Rickshaw every time in a race, but there is something to said for simplicity (and efficiency of coding), especially when things go wrong. So, would someone from Serato care to elaborate exactly what is going on with 1.9.2, and why you need so much CPU power just to run the basic program (no P'nT, no Video, etc.)?
DJ Barticus 5:15 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
If your laptop was overheating due to heat exposure that can cause all sorts or CPU issues or dropouts. Hopefully this isn't the case. Sounds like your laptop is struggling. What exactly are the specs of the laptop?

Apple MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.6 15" Late 2013 16 GB of Ram this machine should handle serato just fine.....I know heat can be a problem but i had a big box fan on the machine the whole time and as soon as i went to a lower version (i had 1.8 on my machine) it worked fine, gonna try 1.9.1 today so i can use pulselocker.
DJ Tecniq 5:24 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
Apple MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.6 15" Late 2013 16 GB of Ram this machine should handle serato just fine.....I know heat can be a problem but i had a big box fan on the machine the whole time and as soon as i went to a lower version (i had 1.8 on my machine) it worked fine, gonna try 1.9.1 today so i can use pulselocker.
I see. I have a Mid 2014 MBP and my CPU is not even a quarter high with Video but I also don't use Pulselocker. Don't really have a need for it. I think most of these "add on" features really are the culprit here. For example pitch n time (which was recently fixed)
DJ Barticus 7:04 PM - 12 August, 2016
Video takes up more resources than Pitch and Time (which i had disabled) this all worked fine on previous versions. i'll give the next version a try but 1.9.2 is getting skipped for me.