Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Issues 1.9.2

DJ DANNY T_WOSP 12:46 AM - 8 August, 2016
Took my Denon MC4000 out with 1.9.2 for the first time. Things worked fine for about an hour, then the storm came in. First I noticed when the track was playing, there was a momentary hit on the sound, and the deck hesitated. Then I noticed that when I was listening to the song in the cue, there was crackling in the sound, I verified it was coming through to the main speakers. I had to reboot Serato in the middle of a gig, using Virtual DJ standalone to play a track through my controller on the AUX channel, and then picked it back up with Serato DJ when my library reloaded. About an hour later, when I tried to switch to another folder, I must have accidentally held the folder I was in, because it started to drag where I was going to. Then all the folders disappeared, came back and all the tracks flickered and came back. The rest of the screen was fine so it wasn't the computer. I clicked the SETUP button to turn off the "update library" and the sound hesitated and then stopped. Then Serato shutdown. In the middle of the gig. I restarted Serato 1.9.1 and continued the rest of the night. I will test my MCX8000, Pioneer DDJ-SZ and my Rane 62.

I have a MBP 2012 I5 with 12GB of memory. I was not running internet. My music is on an external LACIE drive.
muzikmysta 1:53 AM - 8 August, 2016
Hey DJ Danny , i have an MC4000 also and Serato DJ on Mac 2012 i5 4GB of memory currently running SDJ 1.9.2 from previous 1.9.1 an i have not encountered that problem you have experience....the problem I'm having is a connection issue between serato and the MC4000 in that at time's it will not recognize the hardware, along with some other issues i have had with the DENON MC4000 and SDJ this has been happening before 1.9.2. i to have had to restart but not in the middle of gigs but by way of no device found, i don't know where the problem exist with me but i feel strongly that denon has to look into this connection issue and possibly release another firmware update that would fix this problem i am experiencing from time to time, as for the problem your having i would reinstall and see if the problem happens again.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:22 AM - 8 August, 2016
Hey everyone, if you're having issues the best place to get help is from our support team over here: support.serato.com.

Get in touch with the team and we can look into what's going wrong and get you up and running smoothly :)

Cheers,

Sam.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:04 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
Hey everyone, if you're having issues the best place to get help is from our support team over here: support.serato.com.

Get in touch with the team and we can look into what's going wrong and get you up and running smoothly :)

Cheers,

Sam.

The connection issue workaround should be a sticky now as quite a lot of users of different hardware are reporting it.

Or even a blog post.
muzikmysta 4:11 PM - 8 August, 2016
Hi Sam from Serato, thanks for respoonding to this topic i have already been in contact with your support team and was given some guidelines to follow in removing the device from midi setup and then reconnect i followed those guidelines exactly as sent to me and after doing this both software and hardware connected..Now for the purpose of testing this connection issue i disconnected the laptop from computer and reconnected and what do u know serato unable to reconnect to hardware after many attempts it reconnected but left the sp6 and transport control's and loop buttons lighting off rendering it useless.. i then did a rebooth of both laptop and MC4000 and reconnected and it did not recognize eachother so i switched off the MC4000 leaving the laptop connected to it which was also done previously with no success and powered back on only this time a connection was made and serato was able to recognize the hardware properly i dont know what causes this problem to happen but its not good a sign and cannot be considered dependable or reliable if i rebooth MC4000 / laptop and still unable to connect at time's.. i firmly believe this is a result of not testing both products properly for a working environment where porblems like these and other tings can happen.
muzikmysta 4:32 PM - 8 August, 2016
one more thing i forgot to mention along with the problems is that when songs are ejected from deck within software a cue point marker remains on the wave form display when using the MC4000
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:56 PM - 8 August, 2016
Hey man, it's probably best this feedback is sent back to support on your current ticket so we can keep helping :)

sam.
dj loco lopez 1:53 AM - 9 August, 2016
Updated to 1.9.2 and at a gig now. Crashed twice and the system has been very unstable. Ns7 windows. The wifi connecting or disconnecting for pulselocker crashed it. After doing it twice, I figured wifi connectivity was doing it. Running without wifi and pulselocker for tonight.
dj loco lopez 1:54 AM - 9 August, 2016
PS quad core 2.6ghz Intel i7, ram 8gb. Was stable with 1.9.1.
dj loco lopez 1:59 AM - 9 August, 2016
Is serato running more stable on turntables than controllers? I have my trusty 1200s. Thinking about dumping ns7. Tired of controller/software issues. My serato scratch/turntable combo never failed.
DJELSOBRINO 2:51 AM - 9 August, 2016
I had a problem in the middle of a gig the waveforms just delayed so the music that was playing was like 3 seconds delayed from the waveforms, also when i pressed any button from the cues the cues responded 3 seconds later i had to reset serato in the middle of a gig