Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9.2 Full Version

DANGERUST 6:04 AM - 2 August, 2016
Hi Serato Team,

Well done with with this update. CPU is very low and the waveforms are looking smooth.
I'm running OS 10.9.5 and iTunes 12.1.2.27 with a pioneer DDJ-SX2.

My question is, can I update my OS and iTunes to the latest version or will there be issues?

Thanks
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:14 AM - 2 August, 2016
+1 This version has been great in Public BETA by far the best release since 1.7.8. Well done team Serato πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»
Mauro Verdoliva 8:06 AM - 2 August, 2016
i open a ticket beacause when i refresh my serato video license, get error
Do you know why?
DANGERUST 8:09 AM - 2 August, 2016
I updated my Serato Video with no issues.
dj zaza 8:28 AM - 2 August, 2016
Now let's hope they start working on compatibility with high-resolution screens. and with the beta of Serato DJ 1.9.3 you can discover the high spots of a GUI without pixels.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:00 AM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
I updated my Serato Video with no issues.

Same here.... even though i dont use SV... I us ME.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:01 AM - 2 August, 2016
So glad to see Smart Sub Crates and Secondary Sorting!

Being Able to sort by bpm and key is soooooooo great!
Gary Hoyles 9:24 AM - 2 August, 2016
None of the drop down menus work on my system (windows 10) the overview waveform display shows nothing too, screen updates not working when you click on a scroll bar.

this version is useless to me.
DJ Remix Detroit 11:51 AM - 2 August, 2016
on SDJ it says to hold comand+conrol+click... that didnt work so i tried commnad+click and the secondary sort worked
Telony Ex 12:20 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
on SDJ it says to hold comand+conrol+click... that didnt work so i tried commnad+click and the secondary sort worked

they were refering to whether u on mac or pc. cmd click for mac. cntrl click for pc.
DJ Remix Detroit 12:24 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

they were refering to whether u on mac or pc. cmd click for mac. cntrl click for pc.

ok...thanks
ParisCreative 1:15 PM - 2 August, 2016
I had some issues as of late with 1.9.1, OS-X 10.11.6, and my Rane 62 + Denon SC3900s where completely randomly audio would freeze for 0.5 - 2 seconds. This is a bit different then way back in the 1.7.1 release where waveforms would disappear, now they just hang there. It was enough that i revered to SSL for the time being.

Just updated to 1.9.2, let's see where things go from here.
DJ Same 1:27 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
None of the drop down menus work on my system (windows 10) the overview waveform display shows nothing too, screen updates not working when you click on a scroll bar.

The same thing has happened to me. Would be interested to hear any solutions. Don't want to have to go back to previous versions as I love the secondary sorting.
DJ Ravien 1:29 PM - 2 August, 2016
So far looks great, love the organizing of smart crates, my left side has never looked so clean. Wave forms certainly look a bit smoother. Will have to check out what else has been improved etc. One thing I did notice..

Once sorted by two columns the second column stays highlighted even after re sorting by a single column. If you click another column that wasn't a part of the double sort it will highlight the single column only, however if you reselect one of the columns that was part of the double sort both columns become highlighted again. Not really a big deal as it does sort by the single column just was a bit confusing initially telling how the tracks were being sorted.
DJ Ravien 1:35 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:

Same, had this same issue in 1.9.1, only with horizontal bars. Sliding the scroll bars instead of clicking works correctly. I adjusted the screen updates in the menu which fixed it except resulted in super jittery wave forms.
PopRoXxX 3:05 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
So far looks great, love the organizing of smart crates, my left side has never looked so clean. Wave forms certainly look a bit smoother. Will have to check out what else has been improved etc. One thing I did notice..

Once sorted by two columns the second column stays highlighted even after re sorting by a single column. If you click another column that wasn't a part of the double sort it will highlight the single column only, however if you reselect one of the columns that was part of the double sort both columns become highlighted again. Not really a big deal as it does sort by the single column just was a bit confusing initially telling how the tracks were being sorted.

You just CMD+Click again on the secondary sort column to make it not happen anymore. If you don't do this ..... every time you go back to the original column (that you added secondary column sort to), it keeps the secondary sort column with it. So you don't have to keep doing CMD+Click over and over, every single time
Colemang70 3:32 PM - 2 August, 2016
My inital results with Serato DJ 1.9.2
My system: 2011 macbook pro with core i7, 16gb of ram, 256gb SSD, & 2TB 5400rpm hdd for audio/video files

I used serato-itch sync app to build my inital 1.9.2 library which it did
contents of library: 234,305 audio files and 3,130 video files
which produced 2429 subcrates at 44.7mb in subcrate folder
149.3mb database v2 file

i connected to a numark nv and it didn't crash either and play for 30 minutes without issues.
I will start analyzing the files today and see how it goes. I will play everyday with it until this weekend.
video, effects, and new subcrates worked so far.

Im not using itunes. all file mgmt is being done serato dj
DJ Ravien 3:50 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
You just CMD+Click again on the secondary sort column to make it not happen anymore. If you don't do this ..... every time you go back to the original column (that you added secondary column sort to), it keeps the secondary sort column with it. So you don't have to keep doing CMD+Click over and over, every single time

Understood, however the column still shows highlighted when deselecting it using CMD+Click which is what I was referring too. The tracks sort properly but at a quick glance it appears as though it is still sorted by both unless you actually look at how the tracks are sorted... Hope I am making sense here >.>
DJ Ravien 5:54 PM - 2 August, 2016
Ok, just experienced my first full audio lag followed shortly after by a total freeze of the audio. Never happened in all the time I have been using SDJ till this update. Needless to say disappointing.
Crump 6:24 PM - 2 August, 2016
Initial DVS testing on my mid 2012 mac pro with yosemite are good.

Most interestingly pitch and time has produced no dropouts on lowest audio buffer. It sounds much better than normal keylock so this could be a big plus not mentioned.
ParisCreative 6:29 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
Ok, just experienced my first full audio lag followed shortly after by a total freeze of the audio. Never happened in all the time I have been using SDJ till this update. Needless to say disappointing.

Could you explain the lag? I had a similar experience with 1.9.1 + Rane 62 + Denon SC3900s. Waveforms remained intact, everything just seemed to freeze for 0.5 - 2 seconds.
DJ Ravien 6:35 PM - 2 August, 2016
Initially the audio just stopped for a second or two, really wasn't paying attention to the screen so not sure what happened there by time I actually looked up everything was working again.

The second time everything froze, decks became unresponsive, wave forms stopped waiting about 2 minutes and then finally closed SDJ.

Using a mid 2015 macbookpro 2.5 ghz i7 16gigs of ram and el captain 10.11.4 and DDJ-SZ.

About to update to 11.6 and see if that clears up any of the issues, I thought I was running 11.5 but apparently not.
DJ Ravien 6:36 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
The second time everything froze, decks became unresponsive, wave forms stopped waiting about 2 minutes and then finally closed SDJ.

Oops I can't seem to word things properly today..

*The second time everything froze, decks became unresponsive, wave forms stopped. I waited about 2 minutes and then I finally closed SDJ.
luisdj2000 9:16 PM - 2 August, 2016
hola amigos he tenido que bajas a 1.9.1 al probar alguna pista en mi sx2 sufria microcortes en la pista incluso a baja latencia he vuelto a la anterior y perfecto
Mr. Goodkat 2:14 AM - 3 August, 2016
tried it.

still makes my 62 spin backward and didnt recognize my alac files with my sl 3 box.

ssl worked with my ssl box and my 62.

im on yosemite.

its weird, i had a great 2 year run with mountain lion and sdj and a 900 srt.

im thinking i need to back up and do a completely clean reinstall of yosemite but ssl is fine i guess
Jtambis6 2:27 AM - 3 August, 2016
My random jumping cue points seems to have sorted it self out in this version.

I was beginning to think my laptop was possessed every time it jumped. It was even scarier when it happened when the song was playing on the master channel.
skampy 1:29 PM - 3 August, 2016
After installing 1.9.2, I still have the issue that my SL2 can't connect properly: "connecting SL2...This may take a minute" [3 mins later] "Failed to connect audio". I know this is the result of using SDJ and SSL alongside each other, and a driver re-install solves the issue (temporarily, until I use SSL again), but since SSL still works flawlessly, I keep refusing to invest time in trying to get SDJ to work. So not convinced yet!
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:36 PM - 3 August, 2016
Quote:
After installing 1.9.2, I still have the issue that my SL2 can't connect properly: "connecting SL2...This may take a minute" [3 mins later] "Failed to connect audio". I know this is the result of using SDJ and SSL alongside each other, and a driver re-install solves the issue (temporarily, until I use SSL again), but since SSL still works flawlessly, I keep refusing to invest time in trying to get SDJ to work. So not convinced yet!

Thats the Rane drivers nothing todo with 1.9.2 end day SSL is not supported so as you can see it keeps braking things.
Crump 10:02 AM - 8 August, 2016
Anyone having trouble with loops not saving?

I find in offline mode if you make the loop and either name it or click lock it saves. Making loops normally will just disappear. Can Serato confirm if this is expected behaviour?
DJ Draztik31 9:08 PM - 13 August, 2016
Had my first issues with 1.9.2 last night, same issues as 1.9.1. Running Serato video in "high" output mode. Little over 1GB video buffer memory. My laptop is 2015 Pro Retina i7 with 16gb RAM. Yosemite OS. Well over requirements. Videos are all on 4TB LaCie thunderbolt. Using SL4 with CDJ 2000nxs in HID.

Issues: very high CPU, begins about 2 hours into my set. 50% - 80% usage. Occasional yellow warning night. HDMI video output becomes very choppy, few audio dropouts.

Love the new key sorting, and I can confirm the missing crate issue has been corrected for me so far. But stability still a major concern. My laptop should be able to handle this flawlessly.
DJ Tecniq 7:16 PM - 14 August, 2016
Quote:
Had my first issues with 1.9.2 last night, same issues as 1.9.1. Running Serato video in "high" output mode. Little over 1GB video buffer memory. My laptop is 2015 Pro Retina i7 with 16gb RAM. Yosemite OS. Well over requirements. Videos are all on 4TB LaCie thunderbolt. Using SL4 with CDJ 2000nxs in HID.

Issues: very high CPU, begins about 2 hours into my set. 50% - 80% usage. Occasional yellow warning night. HDMI video output becomes very choppy, few audio dropouts.

Love the new key sorting, and I can confirm the missing crate issue has been corrected for me so far. But stability still a major concern. My laptop should be able to handle this flawlessly.
If your laptop does not have a dedicated graphics card no it shouldn't run flawlessly. If it has built in Intel graphics it's not good enough to be precise.
DJ Tecniq 7:20 PM - 14 August, 2016
50%-80% CPU usage tells me it's not a well equipped laptop. I have a Mid 2014 15" MBP w/16 gigs ram with dedicated NVIDEA graphics card. My CPU is not even a quarter full. If you don't have a 15" MacBook Pro w/dedicated video card I suggest using Mix Emergency as it uses less CPU and is better for Intel graphics cardsπŸ‘πŸ»
Dj Ken C 10:57 PM - 14 August, 2016
Upgraded to Latest version of SDJ gigged it over weekend on certain tracks despite setting cue point or hotcue SDJ jumped in some cases 25 seconds into track in some cases 45 seconds there was no way to start the track at the position i wanted to start at used with pioneer sx controller
DJ Ravien 12:46 AM - 15 August, 2016
Did you have slip mode engaged by any chance?
DJ Tecniq 2:34 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
Did you have slip mode engaged by any chance?
Good point that could be the result of slip mode too.
DaveLach 6:05 AM - 1 September, 2016
Quote:

The waveform doesn't display for me either in version 1.9.2 and I'm using Windows 10 also. The drop down options don't seem to work either.
DJ-Questt 8:07 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:

i had the same freeze issue happen repeatedly to me over the weekeing after i updated on thursday during big gigs
Hanginon 9:06 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The waveform doesn't display for me either in version 1.9.2 and I'm using Windows 10 also. The drop down options don't seem to work either.

I highly suspect your computer's CPU is not an Intel Core i3, or higher.
Justin James 3:48 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
+1 This version has been great in Public BETA by far the best release since 1.7.8. Well done team Serato πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Bump..

& tidy waveforms.. πŸ‘ŒπŸΎ
Justin James 9:15 PM - 16 September, 2016
Ok, weird shenanigans a gwan.. All day recoding stuff with just SDJ & clean smooth waveforms.. I'm now playing live with ME & the waveforms have gone jerkinhell.. 😐
Mr. Goodkat 11:03 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Ok, weird shenanigans a gwan.. All day recoding stuff with just SDJ & clean smooth waveforms.. I'm now playing live with ME & the waveforms have gone jerkinhell.. 😐

win some lose some
nik39 10:06 AM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:

Have you tried the latest ME version? Tried reducing the frequency of the preview window updates?
Justin James 10:11 AM - 17 September, 2016
Hi nik39, I'm on the latest Ver of ME, I will try the frequency of the PW updates.. Thanks for the advice..
Justin James 1:05 PM - 17 September, 2016
It's MEs " Synchronize Output to Screen Refresh " causing the issue!!
oneblood 10:24 AM - 18 September, 2016
I have a similar problem where everything was working properly right up to 1.9.1 and after I update to 1.9.2 I started to get crashes and they more often till as soon as I connect to the mixdeck quad the serato 1.9.2 crashes and I tried the beta 1.9.3 and it does the same thing. I have a 3TB external hard drive but about 562Gb of music . What I did notice I disconnected the hard drive and plug a thumb drive in laptop and 1.9.3 works and I tried the same thing with 1.9.2 and it works for awhile which I didn't do for a long time. Which make me thinking if the hard drive is too large for the latest serato update. I went back to the 1.9.1 and it works flawlessly. I need help to recognized why 1.9.2 doesn't works properly with the external hard drive which have no corrupt or missing files.
nik39 10:35 AM - 18 September, 2016
Quote:
It's MEs " Synchronize Output to Screen Refresh " causing the issue!!

Hm, that's odd... I mean odd that this option makes a difference in older SDJ versions vs new versions.

Have you tried contacting Inklen? They're very responsive.
Justin James 10:47 AM - 18 September, 2016
Yes, now in contact with Nick at Inklen..
oneblood 10:48 AM - 18 September, 2016
I wrote several time to serato and the only advice they gave were the same stuff on the website. which I do over and over and it still didn't solve my problem
Deejay Rich 3:30 PM - 21 September, 2016
El Capitan and Serato DJ 1.9.2 not working well in my favor I downloaded both and when opening up SDJ 1.9.2 I updated the firmware of my 62 directly from SDJ software and waited for my 62 to connect saying Rane hardware device connecting it may take a while but nothing happen after. Next I tried downloading the firmware directly from Rane's website for the 62 mixer same situation still connecting rane hardware device then disapears no connection. what other steps can I take I'am running a MacBook Pro 2011 13inch.
Justin James 3:40 PM - 21 September, 2016
I would try using another Ver of SDJ to get you up & running then hit up support support@serato.com if you need further assistance. .
DJ Tecniq 4:08 PM - 21 September, 2016
Have you made sure you have the El Capitan drivers for the Rane 62? Which is on Rane's website. You kept saying firmware but it is the drivers that need updating.
Deejay Rich 4:52 PM - 21 September, 2016
yeah I it's the 62 firmware from Rane website it's the Sixty-Two CoreAudio Driver 2.0.0b3 for Mac OS X 10.11.4 and higher
This driver is compatible with OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 and higher
but for some reason it's just not connecting my 62 mixer
DJ Tecniq 5:35 PM - 21 September, 2016
Gotcha so you may want to check out this video for troubleshooting your connection issue that is provided by Rane. youtu.be

You are one the many that have had connection issues on the forum. This is why I haven't touched El CapitanπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ but I hope you have success.
DJ Tecniq 5:35 PM - 21 September, 2016
Of*