Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Pioneer DJM-S9 video playback problems!

Mr. Nipple 2:09 AM - 31 July, 2016
So semi new to Serato DJ. Just got a Pioneer DJM-S9 mixer and out of the box was excited to try it out with Serato Video. So after the Serato Video is all up and running, I see the X-F link and Channel links following all my moves from the mixer which was cool. But once I load the actual videos on boths channels, the problem starts.

When I have the crossfader to the left, the audio from Channel 1 plays, but the video from Channel 2 is what shows in the Serato Video Output. And vice versa when I have the crossfader to the right, with audio from Channel 2 playing, but the video from Channel 1 in the video output.

But when I actually click the autofade buttons in the software, the correct video comes out of the video output.

Is there a way to fix this? Is it in Serato Video or is it a S9 problem?

Serato DJ 1.9.1
Mac OS 10.9.5
Pioneer DJM-S9 Mixer with Utility Driver 1.0.1 & Firmware 1.0.7
DJ Tecniq 2:41 AM - 31 July, 2016
That's interesting. Never had that issue and I have the s9. Are the faders/channels mapped correctly
DJ Tecniq 2:45 AM - 31 July, 2016
However I also have not updated to 1.07 firmware. I'm still using 1.06
Mr. Nipple 3:22 AM - 31 July, 2016
Definitely super interesting! Yup, all the default mapping. All the faders on the screen follow all the correct movements I'm doing on the mixer. Just the video output is flip flopped from the audio!
i am Dj fLiP 8:57 PM - 1 August, 2016
is your crossfader reversed?

worst case, just remap that midi from left to right accordingly.

i used to have my xfader linked w/the video, but half the fx, and when i'm scratching blending, etc, the video doesn't look well, so i just manually switch video.

i have an ns7iii, and use the djm900nxs at clubs, so it's the same concept.
Mr. Nipple 9:06 PM - 1 August, 2016
Nope, my crossfader is normal!

Midi wise, all the faders on screen move perfectly with all the movements on my mixer.

Audio comes out correctly, just the video output is reversed! Even if I unclick the "X-F Link" button and manually drag the fader across, the video output is still backwards!

Serato, any help or feedback?

Thanks everyone for the input so far! Hope to fix this soon!
i am Dj fLiP 10:07 PM - 1 August, 2016
whoa, odd!

have you tested it w/other devices? ie; sl4, djm900nxs, or any serato approved controllers and see if it's the same issues?

if so, then it's probably the program, if not, then yes, it could possibly the s9
DJ Tecniq 11:40 PM - 1 August, 2016
Have you tried un-activating Serato video and re-adding your serial number? Something is def wrong. Then maybe reinstall?
Mr. Nipple 8:34 PM - 3 August, 2016
Yeah,

Just tried it out with a Rane 62 and the same problem occurs!

Both re-installed Serato DJ and reactived Serato Video as well. Still nothing fixes it!

Super weird!
i am Dj fLiP 9:06 PM - 3 August, 2016
dang that sucks..

i guess you're gonna have to use your laptop upside for the video to work properly.

all jokes aside, it's probably the software then.. i'd try to do a clean uninstall before reinstalling. like deleting serato folders, registry files etc.
DJ Tecniq 11:26 PM - 3 August, 2016
Quote:
Yeah,

Just tried it out with a Rane 62 and the same problem occurs!

Both re-installed Serato DJ and reactived Serato Video as well. Still nothing fixes it!

Super weird!
Wow if it's happening with a Rane 62 as well then I would say this sounds like a software issue. Have you tried the latest 1.9.2 SDJ release? It seems they fixed a lot of bugs with Serato Video.
DJ Tecniq 11:31 PM - 3 August, 2016
It's a long shot but you are using Mavericks. I can confirm I'm using Yosemite. Mavericks is pretty old have you thought about updating the OS X to Yosemite? Yosemite has been very solid IMO. Hope you get this worked out.
i am Dj fLiP 11:57 PM - 3 August, 2016
I 2nd yosemite. Works great for me w/my NS7iii for my private gigs, and sl4/djm900nxs at clubs.
Mr. Nipple 2:22 AM - 4 August, 2016
So Serato Support actually emailed me back super quick. I guess I had corrupt Preference files that I had to delete. And also had to use Activity Monitor to force quit some processes on my computer. Now it's working perfect!

I actually want to upgrade to Yosemite, but I have a tour coming up in South America and our artist rider has a Rane TTM-57 on there. I asked for them to upgrade to a 62 or S9, but it's harder for them to get it down there. So figured I'd be safest on Mavericks to use both Serato DJ and Scratch Live if need be....Have either of y'all used Scratch Live on Yosemite with a 57? If it works, I'll upgrade right now. Haha

Thanks fellas!
DJ Tecniq 5:18 AM - 4 August, 2016
Interesting that was caused by corrupt preference files? Glad it's all working ok now. Don't know of anyone using Yosemite with the 57 but I think there's still a few SL1 users using Yosemite. I'll look into this more and find out. Cheers
i am Dj fLiP 5:12 PM - 4 August, 2016
if you have room on your hard drive, it won't hurt to partition it to yosemite and use the newer version of SDJ.
Mr. Nipple 5:45 PM - 4 August, 2016
Techniq, there were 2 .plist files that were named funny and definitely didn't need to be there. Haha

Flip, I might have to do that. So far, with that last problem fixed, 1.9.2 has been running well on 10.9.5

Thanks fellas!
DJ Tecniq 6:06 PM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:
Techniq, there were 2 .plist files that were named funny and definitely didn't need to be there. Haha

Flip, I might have to do that. So far, with that last problem fixed, 1.9.2 has been running well on 10.9.5

Thanks fellas!
This is interesting cause another user has reported issues with 1.9.2 and Serato Video. Claiming the video channels are reversed but audio is normal. He just posted about it in the SDJ general discussion area. Maybe you can chime in and guide him?
Mr. Nipple 9:53 PM - 4 August, 2016
In case anyone else has this problem, here's the fix Serato support sent me...

• Close all applications.
• At your desktop hold down "option" then click "Go" > Library > Preferences.
• Move the following files to the desktop (you may not see all three - just move the relevant 'serato' ones).
com.serato.dj.plist
com.serato.scratchlive.plist
com.serato.seratodj.plist

And maybe move this one if you are having issues with Serato Video,
com.serato.seratovideo.plist

If using Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, please complete the further steps below;

Open Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor
Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes
Jordan Russell 5:45 PM - 3 October, 2016
Im having the same damn problem!!!!
Im a little confused on what to do...
IF you move those websites to your desktop - do you delete them after or do they have to stay on your desk top?
once they are removed are you good to go - you don't have to do anything else?
elie 10:28 PM - 15 March, 2018
Hello everybody, I have the same issue as Mr. Nipple and Jordan Russell, after switching from my Rane TTM 57 SL with Scratch Live / Video SL to a new Pioneer DJM-S9 mixer with Serato DJ / Serato Video, I have the following issue:

When I move the DJM S9 crossfader to the left, the audio from Channel 1 (left) plays, but the video output in Serato Video is showing the video from Channel 2. And when I move the DJM S9 crossfader to the right, the audio from Channel 2 (right) plays, but the video output in Serato Video is showing the video from Channel 1.

I made sure the X-F link and Channel links are following all my moves from the mixer (cross- and line fader are in sync).

I am running Serato DJ 1.9.0 and 1.9.6 (issue is with both versions)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
Mac OS 10.10.5, 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 and a Samsung SSD 512GB
Pioneer DJM-S9 Mixer - Firmware 1.08

I have tried the following from the above instructions and comments:
1. Searched the files below but could not find any of these:
com.serato.dj.plist
com.serato.scratchlive.plist
com.serato.seratodj.plist
com.serato.seratovideo.plist

2. Then I have opened Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor in the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, located and tried to force quit all cfprefsd processes but this did not work, I had 2 cfprefsd processes which could not be killed / force quit !

3. I have tried to midi map the serato video cross fader to my DJMS9 crossfader although they were working great (in sync) but the mapping did not change / fix anything.
Please help if possible, my next gig is in 2 days and I have to play videos !
Thanks in advance.
spacetoonz 7:59 AM - 4 April, 2018
Did you ever figure this out?

Having similar issues with my S3, including not getting video in my on board preview monitors. Are you with the S9? Maybe an issue with the DVS pack?
elie 10:13 PM - 27 September, 2018
Sorry for the late reply, yes problem solved !!!

Senato helped me with a trouble shooting. I was not able to force quit the “cfprefsd” processes from the CPU/Memory tabs, however by moving the “plist” files from library preferences to the desktop and reopening Serato DJ, the issue with the video output has been resolved !
By the way I moved the files back from desktop to library preferences after the issue has been fixed and had since then no re-occurrences.

This should help you as well.
Regards.
Dj E- Zone 2:43 PM - 30 March, 2020
This worked for me and I’m using the pioneer s9 and also the 72. I removed all the plist files and put them on my desktop and now my videos are showing up correctly. Thank you!!!! I was so ready to call it quits!