DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Technic 1200 electrical problem

DJ Johnny Bertone 7:36 PM - 24 July, 2016
Not sure where to post this whether it's considered off topic or General DJ discussion (being that they're used for DJing)
Anyway. Here's my issue. I bought a 1200mk2p-k (black) and I took it apart to address the double 0% pitch issue. Got it working great and went to put it back together and forgot to pull the power plug, and the previous owner botched the pop up light wiring and it touched the chassis and sparked. I pulled the power plug but it was too late. I put the table back together and now it doesn't hold speed it Erratically speeds up and all the lights flicker. Any ideas? I searched for a while and couldn't find anything other than one other instance that someone had a similar problem and it was the motor control chip. Any input will help
The Axledental DJ 12:06 AM - 25 July, 2016
Oh my, thats not good. Did you search on youtube for DIY videos on the issues. It looks like you did and something on one of the PCB boards got fried, that motor control chip? You could try searching for that part and repair it yourself. Or take it to a turntable repairman thats familiar with repairing technics 1200's. Or post a youtube video of the issue, and document it and maybe someone will be able to help. Good Luck.
DJ Irv 6:00 PM - 25 July, 2016
First off make sure the short is not still happening in the popup light. Then, if you know how to use multimeter then you need to start checking the voltage via TP's touch points. You wouldn't be the first person fry a 1200 via shorting the pop up light. It tends to take out a few cheap transistors with it.

www.manualslib.com
DJ Irv 6:14 PM - 25 July, 2016
If you're lucky it's just the Zener diode D301. They are dirt cheap just make sure you install it the right direction.

www.vinylengine.com
DJ Johnny Bertone 6:20 PM - 3 October, 2016
Ended up buying a pretty beat up (but working) MK2 and just swapping the boards, and the pop up light. sold the other tech on eBay as a parts only table and made 95% of my $ back so all in all was a lesson learned and not a huge hit