DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

FADER FIX ON THE TTM57SL

DJPR1ME1 6:03 PM - 22 July, 2016
WELL PURCHASE ANOTHER TTM57SL DUDE TOLD ME HE JUST HAD IT SERVICED AT A LOCAL PLACE IN THE CITY AND AFTER GETTING IT BACK THEIRS NO SOUND FROM THE FADERS ALL CHANNELS WORKING BUT NO SOUND I PURCHASED IT AN YES THEIR WAS NO SOUND. CALLED RANE PURCHASED NEW PCB BOARDS FOR THE FADERS @ $15 AND BAM WORKING LIKE BRAND NEW JUST THOUGHT I SHARE THIS IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE FADERS MUST OF BEEN INSTALLED WRONG AT SERVICE PLACE. REMEMBER RED LINE ON RIBBON CABLE MUST BE ON J1 ON FADERS BOARD AND IF THE CABLE COMES OFF THE BOARD IN THE MIXER REMEMBER RED LINE MUST BE TO THE RITE SIDE OF THE MIXER BOARD IF NOT DONE THIS WAY YOU WILL FRY YOUR FADER AN YOU WILL HAVE NO SOUND .
DJ Reflex 8:49 PM - 22 July, 2016
Why all caps bro? Thanks for shouting this info to the world though!
DJPR1ME1 9:44 PM - 22 July, 2016
sorry about that just got lazy did not want to retype it was a late night last night was still feeling those drinks ,,,,, my bad....
DJ Reflex 3:05 AM - 23 July, 2016
LOL - Just playin'. I use the TTM57 and any new info I can get is good stuff. Never had it serviced though.
DJPR1ME1 4:48 PM - 23 July, 2016
i got this one from a dude who droped it and damaged 2 buttons on it he took it to a rane service place that does warranty work for rane and they burnt the fader and never told him he told me it had a bad board that is what they told him. i issued a tech ticket and they told told me it was a software issue ??? fixed it myself just by swapping out the faders! i have 3 ttm57sl not much to service just keep it clean and dont drop it..