Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How do you save a back up instead of once a week?

DJ Nym 7:31 PM - 19 July, 2016
I looked around through the forums but haven't found it. How can I save to the back up file if I analyze and set up cue points that session. I have some weird issues im trying to address, but occasionally my serato fails to close properly and looses my work. I just wanna back it up every time instead of once a week when it asks as I exit. I also have an external hard drive I need to start backing up to as well ocassionally if not everytime. Using a macbook air version 10.9.5. Using SDJ but sometimes SSL.
i am Dj fLiP 7:52 PM - 19 July, 2016
your problem could be your external drive.. if it's formatted to NTFS (windows), you'll need a driver to let OSX write over it. That's what's most likely why it's not saving your cue points, etc.

If you have one of the better branded ones, you can dl the driver from their website.
I have 2 Seagate 4tb external drives.. 1's formatted for OSX, and the other is for Windows, and both of them can write to either OS as I installed the special driver that lets you do so.
DjSyndic8 5:46 AM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
If you have one of the better branded ones, you can dl the driver from their website.
I have 2 Seagate 4tb external drives.. 1's formatted for OSX, and the other is for Windows, and both of them can write to either OS as I installed the special driver that lets you do so.

and what format is that bro
DJ Ravien 6:05 AM - 20 July, 2016
Fat32 - Fat16

NTFS - Windows
Fat32/16 - Windows or OSX
DjSyndic8 6:35 AM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
Fat32 - Fat16

NTFS - Windows
Fat32/16 - Windows or OSX

thanks
skinnyguy 4:37 PM - 20 July, 2016
The back up file is for library structure, mainly (crates, song and crate order, expanded or collapsed subcrates). Cue points and wave forms are immediately written to the MP3 when ejected or next song is loaded. For some MP4 files, an xml may be written, but it's usually saved to the id3 tags like an MP3.
DJ Nym 8:41 PM - 20 July, 2016
Without trying to open a can of worms I was looking for a simple solution to a much larger problem.

My rane 64 has been not closing properly (sending my crash reports), as well as occasionally not functioning on the right turntable or scrolling phantomly without me touching anything. been trying to see if my dicers may be effecting it (tried remapping) Ive been in contact with a serato rep and weve been emailing back and forth since December. Im over it to say the least.

What I wanted to do here is save my sessions of analyzing files, setting cue points, and making crates. If it "quits unepectantly", it will often loose the cue points, crates order, and i have to reanalyze the songs, although tracks are still in my serato, they are colored white as though i have never even played them. (Ive removed all files if they give me a hassle as if corrupted)

I have NEVER used my seagate portable hard drive to save my serato files, only to back up my macbook air entirely.

Simply i wanna force a backup to my hd everytime, not once a week. i feel there has to be a simply way to do this?
DJ Nym 8:43 PM - 20 July, 2016
Im a vinyl based dj, augmenting my sets with serato. I got a laptop strictly for djing and im ignorant of how to do most simplistic functions. So if you have any advice, explain it to me as if I was your grandfather. Thanks
DJ Nym 3:04 AM - 28 July, 2016
oops. I have a rane 62, not 64