Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video users... might want to jump on the 1.9.2 beta

popnwave 9:20 PM - 21 June, 2016
There seems to be a lot of love for SV and the bugs we often see here..

serato.com
DJ Tecniq 10:46 AM - 22 June, 2016
Quote:

serato.com
This honestly comes as quite a shock to me they fixed bugs in Serato Video. They must of been on a very long vacationšŸ¤”
popnwave 2:45 PM - 22 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com
This honestly comes as quite a shock to me they fixed bugs in Serato Video. They must of been on a very long vacationšŸ¤”

What is more interesting is the path of development now. It's rolled in with the rest of the suite so everyone will need to keep an eye on SDJ release notes vs seeing a new version of SV dropping.
Burny 5:53 PM - 23 June, 2016
Funny things happen to a programmer team when the competition starts kicking your ass. Serato has lost a ton of market share lately, and the literal slap in the face to PC users and or PC and Video users who bought Serato video and then got screwed in the ass by its unstable coding should be a hard lesson. I've had to walk away from Serato and go to Virtual DJ, with its flawless video features.
JuriV 9:27 PM - 28 June, 2016
What is unstable about Serato Video?
popnwave 10:32 PM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:
What is unstable about Serato Video?

Lots of people had issues with preview and output views not showing when they enabled it.. only to have to turn it on/off a bunch or reboot to get it working.

I will say I love 1.9.2 for the sorting abilities already, but I'll be damned if I didn't get my first USB drop out warning lights when tinkering with SV vs running ME like I normally do.
JuriV 6:29 AM - 29 June, 2016
Funny, never had any problems :-)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:01 AM - 30 June, 2016
Quote:
Funny, never had any problems :-)

Consider yourself lucky........
roger537 3:59 AM - 10 October, 2016
Tru dat serato video has lots of problems i have 4 computers and only my gaming rig works good outright. Even my hp omen which is powerful as hell has trouble with fricking sv. I had to download some codecs from the serato faqs because idk who the hell thought it was a good idea to use quicktime as a video player. These dudes need to stop suckin apples d**k and doin a better job with their expensive a** program that has so many stupid problems. I too had to go to virtual dj cause it was embarrasing all the crap that happened when using sv. And i bought the serato dj i didnt have a controller that automaticaly activates it so it pisses me off to have wasted that money. Fix it for f**ks sake.
Culprit 10:54 PM - 11 October, 2016
Y'all have it totally wrong man.. apple is the one who keeps changing shit and adding restrictions and limitations. It's not Serato fault..
roger537 2:56 AM - 14 October, 2016
i dont use macs. worse computers ever. what i meant is that is very close minded the program i wish i could access my folders in serato instead of having to create crates that i have to recreate anytime the program farts or something.is truly annoying.in vdj i just have everything right there from the start.no nonsense. i dont use itunes nor will i ever use it. is not that complicated they could make it so that if i want crates do that and if i want my folders which i have organised and when i put new music it would show up instantly.
popnwave 3:30 PM - 14 October, 2016
Quote:
i dont use macs. worse computers ever. what i meant is that is very close minded the program i wish i could access my folders in serato instead of having to create crates that i have to recreate anytime the program farts or something.is truly annoying.in vdj i just have everything right there from the start.no nonsense. i dont use itunes nor will i ever use it. is not that complicated they could make it so that if i want crates do that and if i want my folders which i have organised and when i put new music it would show up instantly.

Ok, one, you grammar sucks so any opinion on hardware goes out the window if you can't even talk/type correctly. Two, you are the one who is closed minded if you don't consider any options that might be more stable. And three, who the hell cares about iTunes, I have never used it in any sort of library capacity and doing crates offline in Serato is no harder than building folders outside of it. You choose that workflow so don't cry if Serato doesn't go the same way.
djnak 8:38 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
i dont use itunes nor will i ever use it. is not that complicated they could make it so that if i want crates do that and if i want my folders which i have organised and when i put new music it would show up instantly.

that big button that says (files) will allow you to do just that.......

although when you library is legit and tagged properly iTunes can be a very useful for building smart crates, automatically adding tracks to the proper folders, ect, ect....
DJ Baby Boy 2:27 AM - 20 October, 2016
Quote:
although when you library is legit and tagged properly iTunes can be a very useful for building smart crates, automatically adding tracks to the proper folders, ect, ect....

This is exactly why I use iTunes and most likely always will but I'm also extremely picky on how I tag/label every file within my library