Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

macOS Sierra

DJ Shameless 9:14 PM - 13 June, 2016
back to the drawing board it seems.
popnwave 9:42 PM - 13 June, 2016
Hopefully the evolution doesn't break the audio again.. Luckily there STILL isn't a hardware refresh on MacBook Pros yet, which means we still aren't prevented from using Yosemite. By the time Sierra drops that will probably change.
deejdave 3:54 AM - 14 June, 2016
Only those with 2010 or newer MacBook Pro's that is.....................
p.l707 6:38 AM - 14 June, 2016
So, did somebody already try new system with SeratoDJ ?
DJ Baby Boy 9:37 AM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:

it's only available to developers at the moment which I'm sure there are others in here too but I'll be trying it out on a partition on my machines soon
skinnyguy 4:48 PM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:

Yes, it will be compatible.
Just don't ask when it will be ready. It will be ready when it is ready.
popnwave 5:10 PM - 14 June, 2016
I'm more interested in the new file system!
Joe Fresh 8:02 PM - 14 June, 2016
If macOS Sierra follows the same release schedule that OS X El Capitan did, it will be released at the end of September. The beta of Sierra is currently only available to developers, with a public beta coming sometime in July. (source: www.macrumors.com)

Apple also (quietly) announced their new file system, Apple File System (APFS), which will replace the HFS+ file system that Apple has used for the past 30 years. It is described as being optimized for solid-state drives and flash storage, and focuses on encryption. APFS is scheduled for a 2017 release. You will most likely need the latest version of macOS to use this new file system, as APFS formatted volumes are not recognized on OS X 10.11 Yosemite and earlier. (source: 9to5mac.com)

I'm sure we're all hoping that the upgrade process to macOS Sierra will be a better experience than the El Capitan upgrade.
Spencer R. 2:58 AM - 26 September, 2016
I am running OS Sierra, Serato DJ 1.9.3, and the Rane SL2 with Tech 1200s. No issues through about 4 hours of testing.