Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

pioneer s9 won't turn on!!!!!

djkrisp 8:19 PM - 29 May, 2016
So i show up to my gig last night set up my mixer and when i turn it on it does not turn on the panel/utility light starts flashing and wont power on. I used the mixer on my friday night gig with no problems I had serato dj 1.9.1 but backed it down to serrate dj 1.8.2 cause i didnt need the pulserocker feature Anyway i hear nothing but nightmares dealing with pioneer dj's customer service. So i will keep you guys posted on what happens next. Mixer was purchased in Nov 2015 so its still under warranty.
Tommy Deem 9:13 PM - 29 May, 2016
Flashing utility light means imo that the mixer is on firmware update mode. Check from youtube about firmware update video and do the last step which is shutting down the update mode.
djkrisp 9:25 PM - 29 May, 2016
Do you have a link for that i tried to power the mixer with hold the 2 buttons when doing a firmware update but it did nothing so maybe im missing a step.
DJ Tecniq 11:47 PM - 29 May, 2016
In regards to Pulselocker. All you have to do is disable the Pulselocker feature which I did with 1.9
dj_dave_971@live.fr 7:14 PM - 29 November, 2017
J ais le même soucis avec la mienne
Dj Golden Child uk 10:06 AM - 19 December, 2017
Hi Man

I just had the same problem, any chance you could let me know what the issues was?

Thank you in advance

Gc
Sony311 7:38 PM - 19 December, 2017
Quote:
shutting down the update mode

docs.pioneerdj.com

Check to see if you are still in Update mode
Aptidda 5:35 AM - 20 December, 2017
Quote:
So i show up to my gig last night set up my mixer and when i turn it on it does not turn on the panel/utility light starts flashing and wont power on. I used the mixer on my friday night gig with no problems I had serato dj 1.9.1 but backed it down to serrate dj 1.8.2 cause i didnt need the pulserocker feature Anyway i hear nothing but nightmares dealing with pioneer dj's customer service. So i will keep you guys posted on what happens next. Mixer was purchased in Nov 2015 so its still under warranty.

Get it on eBay quick! Values are already plummeting down to $1200 in anticipation of the Rane Seventy Two.
Dj Golden Child uk 2:45 PM - 20 December, 2017
The mixer will not turn on for me to shut anything down and the utility just keeps flashing.
Sony311 5:41 PM - 20 December, 2017
Quote:
The mixer will not turn on for me to shut anything down and the utility just keeps flashing.

Have you looked at the manual on how to get out of Utility mode? I gave the link earlier on this thread
Dj Golden Child uk 6:02 PM - 20 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Have you looked at the manual on how to get out of Utility mode? I gave the link earlier on this thread

Hi Man, yeah i checked it and did what it said but nothing is happening which is strange.
Rebelguy 4:17 AM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Get it on eBay quick! Values are already plummeting down to $1200 in anticipation of the Rane Seventy Two.

Since you can get them for $1400 new I can see why the used price is $1200. The 72 isn’t going to be out for at least another 3-6 months.
Aptidda 3:56 PM - 21 December, 2017
It's going to be out end of February, so 2 months. Worth the wait!
dj Krazey leo 11:02 PM - 21 December, 2017
I agree that rane make great products but why should everyone sell there s9 bcuz the 72 is coming ? shouldn’t they at least wait for some sort of review b4 jumping on board? Just saying.
DJ Tecniq 11:19 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
I agree that rane make great products but why should everyone sell there s9 bcuz the 72 is coming ? shouldn’t they at least wait for some sort of review b4 jumping on board? Just saying.
^ this. Regardless i still love my S9 it is better then any Rane mixer that is currently out. Shits all over the 62😝
Rebelguy 11:23 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
It's going to be out end of February, so 2 months. Worth the wait!

Not what I’ve heard.
DJ Tecniq 12:05 AM - 22 December, 2017
Agiprodj says feb 2018
www.agiprodj.com
Aptidda 12:11 AM - 22 December, 2017
just go on Rane's website and basque in Seventy Two Glory. Its a Picasso, the S9 is my kids scribble on paper.
DJ Tecniq 2:21 AM - 22 December, 2017
Quote:
just go on Rane's website and basque in Seventy Two Glory. Its a Picasso, the S9 is my kids scribble on paper.
You haven’t even tested the 72 yourself. I’ll admit it looks awesome but I’m not selling my Technics to get the Rane Twelves. I actually like spinning my real vinyl.
Aptidda 4:07 PM - 22 December, 2017
ya im apprehensive about the 12 as well, I did have a V7 and a SC3900 and loved the SC3900- but it wouldn't integrate with Serato so I got rid of it. The 12 is something I would get on the used craigslist tip.
DJKROOKS 11:42 PM - 17 March, 2018
Did you ever figured this out?
I’m having the same issue.
It was working a few days ago, plug in and same thing. Switched out power cords and nothing.
I’ve also tried exiting as if it was in update mode. No luck.
Also tried updating the firmware, no luck either. It won’t recognize

Quote:
krisp kutz 8:13 AM - 20 March, 2018
Quote:
It was working a few days ago, plug in and same thing. Switched out power cords and nothing.

hey it was a faulty power supply had to send it in but since then its been working fine.
DJKROOKS 10:53 PM - 20 March, 2018
Hey man, thanks for responding. Just got mine looked at by a local service center. It was also the power supply. So they're going to replace it. Costed me $75 USD to get it looked at.
Another $250 to get it fixed. Kinda disappointed since i take care of it really nicely and have had it for a year and a half. warranty expired.

Quote:
Quote:

hey it was a faulty power supply had to send it in but since then its been working fine.
weezy 9:28 PM - 21 March, 2018
Quote:
Hey man, thanks for responding. Just got mine looked at by a local service center. It was also the power supply. So they're going to replace it. Costed me $75 USD to get it looked at.
Another $250 to get it fixed. Kinda disappointed since i take care of it really nicely and have had it for a year and a half. warranty expired.

Quote:
Quote:

Same happened to my first S9, bought the first day of release. This was the second time in for repairs, first time it was the aux outputs, right hand was dead, fixed under warranty.
Second time, the internal power was replaced, Paid £106 to have it repaired as it was out of warranty. I went after Pioneer big time, pointed out to the mass amounts of problems with the first few batches. I ended up getting my £106 back (they offered, i never asked) BUT, they would never admit to ANY flaws with quality control, with me sending links to threads on various forums and you tube links. Sold it on eBay and bought another brand new one, which i have never had any issues with at all.